It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate being right.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Quotes are from my post "Has the NRA Announcement Given NWO Possible Checkmate?":

Now in order to get the gun lobby to support this position, a deal probably needed to be made. I've notice that a lot of the pro-firearms noise on line has been in the form of pointing out that massacres do not require firearms. I would not be the least bit surprised to see the next attack take a gun-free form (think some loon with a bomb, poison gas or some other such method).

In the time since the Newtown shootings and the NRA's endorsement of a police state, we have seen a mass stabbing in Texas, the Boston bombing, and Ricin letters. These, of course, followed by the shooting down of a relatively mild background check law accompanied by increased support for CISPA. Sounds a bit like this:

Every time they take away real freedom, they will pretend to threaten the right to bear arms. Every checkpoint they erect will be accompanied by a "failed" attempt to curtail access to weapons. You can have all the guns you want because they will never take any single action that would reasonably warrant their use.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's all slight of hand! The government is the master magician.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sorry they have been threatening the right to bear arms since before most people were ever born.

Long before the NWO was ever coined.

Long before the Stabbings.

Long before the Bombings.

Long before 9-11

The right to bear arms has consiistently been under attack for over 70 years.

The "progressive" agenda is not really even progressive they keep repeating the same old rhetoric, and keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

The result is always the same people don't buy their BS guess they keep hoping people will be dumbed down to the point where one day they will.

So far we aint there yet.
edit on 18-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sadly though we are getting closer to being dumbed down enough.

I figure in about 20 more years give or take a few and we will be there.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wrong. They have been making an elaborate show of threatening the right to bear arms. They do not care about your weapons, as long as those weapons make you feel safe and your continued right to possess them keeps you complacent. Face it, we live in a country where the government has established a precedent whereby it can detain citizens without charge or access to legal representation or even access to the "evidence" against them all under the vague cover of national security, and yet all the armchair revolutionaries sit around stockpiling weapons they will never use because they consider gun confiscation to be the ultimate gauge of freedom. Think about that for a second.

They have divided this country into a ridiculous left versus right paradigm where we oppress each other. They have invented such a rigged game of wage slavery that they have no need to "enslave" us. They have more power and money and security than any historical dictator or third world despot has ever had, but people keep waiting for history to repeat itself, oblivious to the fact that the powers that be have come up with a far more ingenious method of fattening their wallets and treading on the backs of the masses.

People ignore the fact that we are already the victims of a tyrannical government that has been in place for at least 50 years, but they keep on letting you think that some full frontal assault is in the offing. It's not. When they have suppressed the technology and innovation that could eliminate the blight of artificial scarcity and lead to a world of true equal opportunity and a pure meritocracy in favor of the oligarchical clusterfornication that we now endure, they won.

So you can keep waiting for them to come for your guns. They don't care. The only thing they want is more data. They want complete access, 100% surveillance so that they can steer ever so gently the path of this country and make sure that their status quo is maintained.

The game is rigged, but we are safe. They will not allow anything too catastrophic to happen because that would jeopardize their own comfort. Everything is Under Control, my friends. And you can have all the guns you want. They don't care.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Wrong.

Nope

They have been making an elaborate show of threatening the right to bear arms.

That is never letting a good crisis go to waste the thing about politicians and their raison d'etre is to make people think they can't live without them.

That is the entire ideal behind pollticians,and government, they will use, and exploit every opportunity to their advantage.

Of course people can think there is some grandiose reasoning behind it they are free to, but the reality often has a more simple explanation.
edit on 18-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretWeapon

If elected officials exploit people's grief, giving them a scapegoat through which to channel that grief I believe it will happen even sooner than 20 years from now. They should have the right to offer condolences and allow others to be angry, sob, etc but to be constantly stuck in campaign mode even when it's not necessary by using other people's heartache to gain attention should not be permitted. Even psychologists don't point fingers and get people all worked up who are grieving. It interrupts the full process that people have to go through...you listen and don't try to fix their stuff. So why aren't our elected (who clearly don't have enough to do) on the bandwagon to outlaw knives and backpacks In public places yet? Where is the quick fix for the grieving here? I'm confident those will be next if we don't begin to send politicians to politician school.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But tell me, when you consider the following:

1. That attempting to confiscate people's firearms would trigger potential civil war that would grind to a halt the very economic machine that produces their high standard of living.

2. That the powers which the government has safely seized for itself without triggering anything more than griping and moaning on the internet are already the epitome of tyranny in many ways.

3. That all the firearms in the hands of revolution minded Americans would be useless in the face of military hardware such as predators drones, Blackhawk helicopters, etc.

4. That those who are really serious about taking up arms against the government would simply stash their guns, leaving a fairly large armed contingent to deal with.

What can they GAIN by taking away the guns as opposed to maintaining the status quo? I'm not asking for vague rhetoric about their agenda. If you think this serves an agenda tell me how. Same goes for the FEMA camps. We're already wage slaves and we are more productive when we think we are working for our own betterment than we would be in a forced labor camp, so what is the gain there?

Conversely, look how much they've already gained by letting people keep their guns (which have been bought from the very corporations that oppress us), giving them the illusion of freedom, and letting people fantasize about how the NWO will never take them alive.

It is in TPTB's best interest to keep people armed, "free", and happy(ish). It's gotten them this far hasn't it?

edit on 19-4-2013 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

top topics

join