It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you free or a slave?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Do you do the same things others do? wear the same clothes, listen to the same music, watch the same TV shows, idolize the same celebrities, eat the same food, I occasionally I listen to the Rush Limbaugh show just to see how people behave and I see that every single caller agrees with the nonsense he talks about, they don't question him they just agree like sheep, they even idolize him like some kind of a god. Why do people behave like this? I hear he has millions of listeners! But he's not the only one there are other celebrities that have millions of fans, like that Korean guy on you tube who dances like a horse and every body loves him. Are people just going through the motions? Are the government and big financial corporations involved in making us behave like sheep? So that we buy what they are selling? Are they programming us like robots so that we are easy to manipulate? Do we have a mind of our own? Don't we have a little bit of mind control?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We are born into the system so its all we know, breaking out and living free has to be found now because we wouldnt have felt it otherwise.

That being said I love me some kpop, snsd, t-ara, IU

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My friends,

We are all slaves, even when we think we are not, we are

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The only time I watch TV is to learn more about the enemy
Apart from that, I try to put my learning to more useful things without distractions.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

People gravitate to ‘same’ because it’s safe. No conflict. No one pointing the finger at them like they’re DIFFERENT!
To answer your question?
I’m free.
Because they will never control my mind.

peace

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm free, I'm happy, I'm more than comfortable... That's happiness to me, so no, I'm not a slave...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would say I'm a freeman. Humans are social animals. To fit they follow the same fads and trends. Like styles of cloths and taste in entertainment. People with different beliefs (religion, politics, etc) will usually blindly agree with whoever share there views. Because they want to win! I understand as a rational character people do not question anything. But if they did no one would win. You know what I'm saying? Humanity is weird. We have our own little worlds we live in that creates a fantasy reality.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm not just a sheep, I'm a crazy sheep. Mooooo.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Free or a Slave?
To give that question a firm answer is foolish.
We are more than that, we are uneducated, educated, tainted, pure, controlled, controlling, used, using, harmed, harmful, leading, following, trusting, deceiving, bold, humble, loving, and hateful.
All of us.
We are influenced and influencing.
We are temporary and permanent.
We are slaves by choice, and free by choice, We are what we think we are, singularly and collectively.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Well a couple of things to point out. In a society if you are your own man and don't follow the crowd you are labelled an outsider, weird, crazy, etc. We have been conditioned to act this way through Parents, friends, TV, Media, Newspapers, Books, and on and on and on.

In regards to radio shows like Rush Limbaugh, you are not considering that they have people that screen calls. Thats all they do, they get the people that agree and make him look smart and blah blah. Only occasionally does someone trick the screen-er and then say what he wants to say on air.

In general most of the world's population are puppets and glad to be or don't know or don't care. I for one am not but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't follow the path that I have to survive. Real change will never happen, not in our lifetimes, or distant future lifetimes. The only thing you can do is seek the truth inside yourself. Good luck! We all need it!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Sounds like someone is waking up.

Of course its just a metaphor:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Do you do the same things others do? wear the same clothes, listen to the same music, watch the same TV shows, idolize the same celebrities, eat the same food

LOL!
No.

My kids think I am not only old and grey but also some kind of eccentric who spends his time reading archaic literature and looking for ghosts in the windows of old buildings.

I like classical music, classic rock and have come to really like a band called Shinedown.

But... we are all slaves to this time in which we live. There is no escaping it... not really. You could sell everything you own and take up residence on the side of a mountain in the middle of BFE and you'd still be on the thrall grid one way or another.

Now there are drones, as well. I think I knocked one down the other day with a fly swatter. Instead of guts coming out of that bug, there was a micro circuit and an LCD screen playing You Tube videos.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
OK, lets break this down to it's basics. Slavery = Involuntary Servitude = Working for the benefit of someone else against your will. Free men and women have rights. Slaves have privileges granted by their master. You have the right to drive your car, own a house, and work to support your life. Oh wait, you need a license to drive a car. That is asking for permission, defiantly not a right then. Well at least you can own a home. Oh wait, we have to pay taxes to be able to do that or they take it from us, not a right. Well, we can still work to better ourselves financially. Crap, income tax takes a percentage of that or they put us in jail. Not even that is a right. We can't fish, make improvements to our homes, or even own a dog without a permit or license. When we have to ask permission for everything we do, we are slaves. Think about it.

“The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.”
― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
edit on 18-4-2013 by bill3969 because: Added quote

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If you feel you are free, name one thing you do, or can do, that the State does not regulate.

hint: I've asked that question for 30 years and no one has come up with one, and the guy who asked me that question 30 years ago had asked it for 25, so in 55 years - no answer.

When on a plantation, all action or inaction is governed by the owner of the plantation and the slaves have no rights, they must obey their own as all actions are accounted for, even those not accounted for.

Finally. Freedom allows for the usage of the word NO and the word means NO, to any and all actions one participates in. If you can't say no, you are a slave.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Freedom is something we are all entitled too, yet never truely have.

I'll quote braveheart on this one:
FREEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM *dies*

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I love these posts.

Lets see.

I work in the career I chose making a good living.
When i get up in the morning I wear the clothes that I want.
I go on the vacations I want whenever I want.
I come home and read the books I want, listen to the music I want, eat the food I want, watch what I want.
I learn everything I want which in turn allows me to continue to grow in my career and add to my financial viability.
At the end of a long day I go to bed when I want.
On the weekends I usually hang out with the friends I want and we do what we want.
Over the past couple of years I have visited every place I want in and out of the country.
I have no debt because i don't live outside my means and I pay my bills on time.

Essentially at this point in my life I am financially stable, emotionally happy, mentally stimulated but because of that..I am a slave..

Someone please tell me what I can do differently to not be a slave. You can use images from the Matrix because everyone is now anonymous and can hax0r the planet in their Fawkes mask¿ You can use the same quote that everyone uses in all the threads like this on ATS.

All I want though is someone to tell me how I can not be a slave since no one in any of the other threads has been able to.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
When you have lost the freedom to say "no", when you have no choice but to pay a percentage of your earnings as interest to the bankers whether in private debt or taxes to cover the gargantuan debts by the US Government itself, you are a slave to the bankers. And because more money is owed to the bankers than actually exists, because of the interest charged on the loan that created the money, the debt-slavery is permanent!
No matter how hard you work, no matter how much you sacrifice, the debt can never be paid off. The system is intentionally designed to trap the nation's population permantly in unpayable debt, to make them slaves to that debt and to the bankers. This is the purpose behind the design of the ........Federal Reserve.

Today the modern slaves (that is YOU) are held prisoner by their belief in compound interest; that they owe money that never existed to repay money created out of thin air. And you modern slaves will regain your freedoms when you realize that private central banking is just another illusion created by the enslavers to trick you into obedient servitude.
The process is quite simple.
As soon as the Private Central Bank issues its currency as a loan at interest, the public is forced deeper and deeper into debt.
When the people are reluctant to borrow any more, that is when the Keynesian economists demand the government borrow more to keep the pyramid scheme working.
When both the people and government refuse to borrow any more, that is when wars are started, to plunge everyone even deeper into debt to pay for the war, then after the war to borrow more to rebuild.
When the war is over, the people have about the same as they did before the war, except the graveyards are far larger and everyone is in debt to the private bankers for the next century........

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankky
Are you free or a slave?

A slave. Just like you.

Moving on...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
I love these posts.

Lets see.

I work in the career I chose making a good living.
When i get up in the morning I wear the clothes that I want.
I go on the vacations I want whenever I want.
I come home and read the books I want, listen to the music I want, eat the food I want, watch what I want.
I learn everything I want which in turn allows me to continue to grow in my career and add to my financial viability.
At the end of a long day I go to bed when I want.
On the weekends I usually hang out with the friends I want and we do what we want.
Over the past couple of years I have visited every place I want in and out of the country.
I have no debt because i don't live outside my means and I pay my bills on time.

Essentially at this point in my life I am financially stable, emotionally happy, mentally stimulated but because of that..I am a slave..

Someone please tell me what I can do differently to not be a slave. You can use images from the Matrix because everyone is now anonymous and can hax0r the planet in their Fawkes mask¿ You can use the same quote that everyone uses in all the threads like this on ATS.

All I want though is someone to tell me how I can not be a slave since no one in any of the other threads has been able to.

Ok, lets play.
1. The career you work in is controlled largely by government regulation, and being sapped of most of it's wealth by taxes. It could be much better.
2. The clothes you wear are produced by another industry crippled by government, you could have a much better selection.
3. You could be retired by now if you had the money taken by taxes sitting in the bank.
4. You can read and listen to what you want, but the food you eat is tightly regulated for content in the name of health, and contains many unhealthy chemicals and unnatural protein strands. (look up GMO for one.)
5. You learn everything you want through a filter approved by the government. We are not as bad as other countries yet, but it is coming. Your financial viability is very limited due to less return for higher income due to taxes.
6. The days could be much shorter if you were not paying as much tax.
7. You can do what you want, as long as you have the proper license and paid the correct fee. Things like fishing, hunting, driving, adding a deck to your house, using gas, buying food, or buying any object related to your outing must be properly paid for in taxes, fees, permits, and licenses
8. You don't need to have personal debt, the government has graciously provided one for you. Your share is $53,000 and counting.
9. You seemed to be in very high spirits, even though you have no rights, you own nothing, and can't see the truth before your eyes, because they hide it just well enough that if you don't look, you don't see.

If you really want to understand, watch this:
youtu.be...

Yes, I know it is seven hours long, but the knowledge it gives is worth it.
If you are truly happy with your life, don't watch it. It can be a gift or a curse, depending on if you can handle the truth.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by frankky

Sure we all have a little bit of "mind control" but that is a normal process in every society. There are popular trends and there are niches.

Now ask me this though, who exactly is telling you what to buy, eat or wear? I have never understood the supposed mind-control theme in that regard. Who is telling anyone what to buy?

I mean sure we have commercials and marketing and all that, but I wouldn´t classify that as mind control

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join