It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You're welcome

I have the utmost respect for volunteer firefighters. My county has them and they get paid $50 to respond to fire not mater how long it takes. They even respond to bad medical calls with us for free.

It broke my heart to see the damaged white pick up with flashing red lights. I believe that is one of them and they responded and caught in the blast.

reply to post by Rocker2013

I agree that the sudden cooling of a tank could of caused the explosion. At the same time the tank could of blew just because it got too hot.

On the flip side of this, the explosion and fire might of actually saved lives. The fire burns off the annhydrous ammonia. Without the fire burning it off there could of been a release of it and more problems like in Graniteville

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Guys I don't want to be a provocateur or anything but - check the video in the OP at 4 secs... slow it down, right before the screen fills with the explosion, and keep your eyes to the left of the screen.

Here is the same video, not zoomed - at 29 seconds this time scroll through the frames just before the explosion, looking to the left:

Does that look to you like where you would expect an explosion of an already burning building to start from? Or is that a projectile of some kind? I appreciate gas can ignite, but the building is already aflame, so, for me, that combustion must have centered inside the main tanks - meaning whatever that is on the left, should be investigated.

Thoughts go out those who were tragically taken and their families.

Edit to add: And tomorrow is 20 years since Waco Seige... Not that it's related, but someone had to say it.

If you're having trouble seeing the anomaly I describe, here's a screenshot:

edit on 18-4-2013 by Floorless because: Add img

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to live video?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth
Does anyone have a link to live video?

Thanks

I think this might be live (for now) ... www.kwtx.com

Another - dfw.cbslocal.com - will be blacked out during commercials.
edit on 18-4-2013 by OneisOne because: add link

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Oh if anyone wants to see how nasty this gas is, that the news keeps saying leads to irritation and death after long exposure, watch this

Warning, this video shows someone dying

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floorless
Guys I don't want to be a provocateur or anything but - check the video in the OP at 4 secs... slow it down, right before the screen fills with the explosion, and keep your eyes to the left of the screen.

Here is the same video, not zoomed - at 29 seconds this time scroll through the frames just before the explosion, looking to the left:

Does that look to you like where you would expect an explosion of an already burning building to start from? Or is that a projectile of some kind? I appreciate gas can ignite, but the building is already aflame, so, for me, that combustion must have centered inside the main tanks - meaning whatever that is on the left, should be investigated.

It looks like gas igniting to me - gas in the air that is finally ignited from the heat and/or flame.

Or is this another conspiracy I should add to my list on the last page - a cruise missile with a hologram around it or similar?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
PREDICTION:

If the official story here is that this was an accident, it will be claimed on ATS that it's a conspiracy, no way was it a coincidence, so it must have been a terrorist attack and the "gub'ment" are covering it up.

If they say it was a terrorist attack, it will be claimed on ATS that it's a conspiracy, it was a "false flag" operation conducted by the "gub'ment" in order to take away your rights.

If they say it was a right wing US terrorist attack it will be claimed on ATS that it's definitely a conspiracy in the form of a false flag attack by the "gub'ment" designed to take away your rights AND your guns.

If they say it was an Islamic terrorist attack because they "hate America" etc, then you'll want to go and bomb the # out of someone - and you'll find a way to shoehorn a conspiracy into that as well!

LoL - it's just a strange feeling I have - there's a conspiracy in there somewhere

edit on 18-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

I think you're spot on with your assessment.

This story is all speculation at the moment, of course. It just seems very odd that so much would happen in one week. This could very well have been an accident, but it's a very strange coincidence that such a large industrial accident happened so soon after a terrorist attack, that's really the only thing (and the location and timing of that anniversary) that tells me coincidence is unlikely.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I cant link it, but Baylor is hosting a 20 year remeberance of the disaster in Waco(Branch Davidians)

Its free for those in the area

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Just a drive by before work.

This is what you get from de-regulation or, worse yet, regulation without inspections and/or honest inspectors working for the public good:

The fertilizer plant that exploded Wednesday night in West, Texas, reported to the Environmental Protection Agency and local public safety officials that it presented no risk of fire or explosion, documents show.
West Fertilizer Co. reported having as much as 54,000 pounds of anhydrous ammonia on hand in an emergency planning report required of facilities that use toxic or hazardous chemicals.

But the report, reviewed Wednesday night by The Dallas Morning News, stated "no" under fire or explosive risks. The worst possible scenario, the report said, would be a 10-minute release of ammonia gas that would kill or injure no one.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Just reported on FOX. Someone near the plant was calling dispatch asking for help. He said, "we just had a bomb go off inside here. We have a lot of firefighters down". They played the audio.

When you post this kind of incendintary comment please also post your source for the 'hear-say'.

You say fox but not who, when, or on what program on what network or local channel or what time and time zone.
edit on 18-4-2013 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here is a the fire/ police scanner online for the area, not much going on but might give some insight

Waco fire police scanner

Just so you can appreciate how close that plant is to the population

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 18-4-2013 by cavscout11cav because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Seems bad things keep happing on symbolic US days......I dread to think what 4th of July will bring

Glad my vist to the USA ended in march.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

I also heard that audio recording. Video including it here from Fox News: 911 calls after deadly fertilizer plant explosion

Also reported by GMA

Emergency response audio told the story of the chaos among firefighters and others at the scene.
"We need every ambulance we can get this way," said one snippet. "A bomb just went off. It's pretty bad."

"Firefighters down," said another. "There has been an explosion."

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

I just say what I see man, like I said I don't want to cause provocation, obviously the first and foremost thoughts should, and are, with those affected, but we do live in distrustful times.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I just wanted to add this link to a live stream.
kcentv.com-live

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by Floorless

It looks like gas igniting to me - gas in the air that is finally ignited from the heat and/or flame.

Or is this another conspiracy I should add to my list on the last page - a cruise missile with a hologram around it or similar?

I don't think this is anything of significance either. And because it can't be completely viewed or ruled out, it will only fuel the conspiracy angle.

Maybe a part of me just really really doesn't want it to be anything but an accident.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have a feeling it is all connected to Monday though I also have a feeling although the fire at the plant was deliberate they did not plan on such a huge explosion.

Gut feeling though.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ok I live roughly 45 mins southwest of West, TX about 15 miles from Fort Hood. Any reports of any new explosions at the plant, because at 8:46am CT I was awakened by "BOOM" that sounded isloated with no reverberation that bounced off the outside of my bedroom wall. Scared the crap out of me! I followed the West story till after midnight last night and early this morning after getting the kids off to school, but then laid back down for a few minutes. I thought after my initial startle and jumping to conclusions of "Oh crap, another tank went off up there," was that maybe it was thunder because we have rain and wind in our area, but there hasn't been any thunder in the last 18 minutes and I actually didn't hear any all night. Maybe I am just on edge and it is playing in my dang subconcious now and I dreamt it. Ugghhhh.
edit on 18-4-2013 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Not good.

Things are getting really crazy. WT* is going on!!!!!!!!

How about a accident at a fertilizer plant.

Drama more!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n

Originally posted by riverwild
Not good.

Things are getting really crazy. WT* is going on!!!!!!!!

How about a accident at a fertilizer plant.

Drama more!

Yes but the fire at the beginning before it exploded seems to have been deliberate.
edit on 18-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join