It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking lays out case for Big Bang without God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Billions people throughout the world hold some belief of a godlike being. You can find some form of creation story throughout every culture in the world. Even today many see some form of creation as a way life and even the universe has come about. However, famous scientist and author Stephen Hawking disagrees. Stephen Hawking disagrees the universe needed a creator.

PASADENA, Calif. — Our universe didn't need any divine help to burst into being, famed cosmologist Stephen Hawking told a packed house here at the California Institute of Technology Tuesday night.

This is nothing new from Stephen Hawking. Because he has commented on his views on god and the origins of the universe. As seen in the video opening of Curiosity.

As a rational and skeptical person I agree with modern science. Compared to religion and spirituality. I do see religion as irrational because it goes against with a lot of modern science. I wouldn't be surprise many will disagree with Stephen Hawking, myself, and countless others who have a disbelief in a godlike being. I do agree with Hawking that we do need to study the cosmos and understand the universe.

Source
Source 2

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Prof Stephen Hawking can't talk or move. All you hear from him is from someone else.

Think about it?

Still I really enjoy what they have to say.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I guess you're referring to the program he uses with the computer. I agree it is interesting what he says because of his years of study and debates with critics and scientist alike.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've nothing against those who believe in a god, personally I don't believe.

For me it always seems so strange that over there they believe in that god, over here they believe in this god, down there they believe in the joojoo who lives under the bush.

One thing is for sure, the vast majority who believe in a god are wrong, because they all say there is only ONE true god, and they all believe it's THEIR god, therefore the vast majority MUST be wrong.

As for Hawking, well its all theory, not saying he's wrong, but he cant prove he's right.

edit on 17-4-2013 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Oooops, God arguments in

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Yep and nope.

Sure he debates well.

But what I'm on about is his programs and speeches.

How do we really know it's him.

Those ideologies and theories could just be piped in through the speaker from elsewhere.

Still as I say, they are very interesting and make my head hurt at times!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If there were no time before the Big Bang than space must have been absolutely empty and infinite. This would make the absolutely empty infinite space a absolute constant.

How would a absolutely empty infinite space form our finite existence randomly?

How do you explain it with science?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I DON'T BELIEVE...
in the big bang!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I just wanted to point out. That in science theory has a very different meaning than the stander definition to the English word.

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of knowledge that has been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Scientists create scientific theories from hypotheses that have been corroborated through the scientific method, then gather evidence to test their accuracy.

Source

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That is a real head scratcher. I would have to look up what science says about the universe before the big bang. So fare I just see the beginning and known views.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Well, I don't believe in the big bang; I accept the views of the big bang. If you truly do not believe or accept the big bang theory. I would like to share with you and others who would like to know more about the big bang theory.
Space Big Bang List
How the big bang theory works

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yes, it is very confusing. Because many people lack the knowledge of science. There is so much to learn. That I think it is mandatory to bang your head.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I find it funny every time our primitive race deludes itself into thinking it can explain our existence in this Universe.

Edit to add, those who champion the Big Bang theory never address the question of where it came from or why.
edit on 17-4-2013 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by Phoenix267

Yep and nope.

Sure he debates well.

But what I'm on about is his programs and speeches.

How do we really know it's him.

Those ideologies and theories could just be piped in through the speaker from elsewhere.

Still as I say, they are very interesting and make my head hurt at times!
i,ve heard the conspiracy theories but got to be best yet lol hawking not actually saying what is heard we,ll just use this guy like a ventriloquists dummy lol you couldn,t make it up.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

I respectfully disagree. I think humans have the ability to understand the universe, life, and what not. Think about it. Look how much we have progressed throughout the years when we simple hunter-gathers. I would imagine seeing their reactions at how we live and think today. Also I have posted two links about the big bang theory. If you're interested you can read them. I'll also find more information to share of this subject.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

It's because the beings who came to our planet each assigned themselves to different parts of the world after they originally came and seeded life on the planet. That's why there were some good and some evil, because there were different beings...not one single God.

Also, the original bible (restoration being done by The Chronicle Project) speaks nothing of the creation of the universe but only the monitoring and choosing of the Planet Earth due to its development of its abundance of water, Prometheus the movie has gotten quite close to the theoretical reality of our beginnings.

There is no magical God who lives in the clouds.....just beings who were Master Biologists and Technologists.

As for the Big bang.....well there is certainly evidence of it. A model for its existence and occurence. There's no reason beings who are masters of dimensions cannot also create universes. There's also no reason to disbelieve that it was a natural process that happened within something much larger and unfathomable. Like an atom within an object.

As always my mind is open and I hope before I die I may receive the answer to some of life's toughest questions.....but if not I'm sure I'll receive them afterwards.
edit on 17-4-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I have to admit I do disagree with you, but I do find your ideas interesting. When the movie Prometheus was released. I remember the tall pale Space Jockey (There are various names) sacrificing himself to seed the planet with life. It does seem this relates to aliens having some part of our origins. Like the Raelian Movement. Thanks for sharing your views.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
another thing, people always assume that before the big bang, or whatever happened, there must have been nothing!
Why is nothing considered to be the natural state of the universe?
What if there was rock or whatever, EVERYWHERE

Maybe all of space was solid! and the bang blew it all to pieces

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nice post

And I agree with this

Originally posted by LightAssassin
As always my mind is open and I hope before I die I may receive some of lifes toughest questions.....but if not I'm sure I'll receive them afterwards.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That reminds me of a YouTube video series about answering the question "did the universe come from nothing?" I cannot find the videos. However, I have found another that will be better because Lawrence M. Krauss will discuss the topic. The video is an hour long. Please bring refreshments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join