It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is this Alphabet Agency/Xe Agent holding a radiation detector right after the Boston bombings??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This is right after the bombing from the looks of the background. I am really starting to think there was credible threats before the marathon.

How is it that there are plain clothes agents walking around with rad detectors at the scene and at the time of the blasts?

CX

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
To be honest, i wouldn't know what a modern day rad detector looked like, maybe someone can confirm that.

They look like the Converse combat boots, i had a pair, very comfy.

Could it be some other kind of detector?

CX.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

*IF* (and thats a big if) that is a geiger counter, I would say "good job" to those that were that quick to use them.

2 bombs had just gone off. They didnt know what kind. They needed to know what they were dealing with. Seems pretty logical that checking for radiation (for all they knew this was a dirty bomb) would be at the top of the list of priorities.

How is it that there are plain clothes agents walking around with rad detectors at the scene and at the time of the blasts?

There are plain clothed security who have access to geiger counters at pretty much EVERY major event, especially in big cities in america. You may not notice them until something like this happens, but they are ALWAYS there.
edit on 17-4-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

link   

I've just seen this on another site.

He's wearing the same outfit as these two.Unless of course he is the one in the photo below but without the hat.

edit on 17/4/13 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If it was a "dirty bomb" it's not going to glow green or something. You can's see or smell radiation. Considering the ever-growing threat of a "dirty bomb", it seems only prudent to be checking for radiation after a bombing. It's called being prudent and thorough. If I lived in Boston, I'd be outraged if they didn't bother to check for radiation.

Not everything is a conspiracy, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

CX

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks a bit like this one with a case on it maybe.....note two buttons right of the device and the name under the display....

Geiger Counter

CX.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Not to mention biological contamination, but people would (PROBABLY) being showing symptoms by now. Well, guess that depends on the agent,.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I think you are right. The shades on that guys cap are the same.

That being said, all those bomb sniffing dogs and extra police. If it is true, I read someone stated that the extra security was just a drill at the beginning of the race. If it was just a drill?? No, IMO they had a credible threat but didn't want to shut down the race or cause a panic or...???? You know what I am thinking.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Injured tested too..I wonder what kind of possiblity they were alerted too..If they did have some kind of a threat..

He said the victims were tested for background radiation but no contamination was found.

source

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's posted elsewhere in places on the web that it's police, military or private security hired by the event sponsors. They are there every year.

But yeah, they all look dodgy. And they did a horrible job...
edit on 4/17/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

join