It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Residents!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i just had a very random blast from the past on YT, was listening to some Stranglers on a whim..... a few clicks later i came across something i used to love during my rather psychedelic youth and had lost the tape and almost forgotten about... it's even better than i remember it so i thought i would share, mayhap some other old space cadet will get as much of a buzz as i did:

That one is with Renaldo and the Loaf, t&c's prevent me talking of some specific memories tied to that album.

ETA: first time i played vid via post it lost the second hlaf, refreshed and it worked fine though

there is plenty more on YT (i'm sure i looked several years ago and found nowt), deliciously far out and messed up, just like my salad days

the whole "third reich and roll" album is up there too.. wewt!

i'm a very happy bunny tonight

edit on 17-4-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2013 by skalla because: stuff

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

I used to rock the Commercial Album in my high school days. Yeah ... drugs were involved. Good times.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

sweet - i just had an old c90 with meet the residents and title in limbo on it, heard other bits through the fug of my addled brain friends places... they were already an oldish band when i came across them (i'm 40).. thanks for commenting... there are some great viewer comments on the YT vids too, mostly questioning how they abused themselves so much and are still alive

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I found out about the Residents thru Eastside Digital, a first-cousin to Nortside Records, purveyors of the kind of Nordic Folk I groove on. Oddly, however, the Residents are available on Rykodisc. The Residents are quite weird...and no one knows who they are, it seems. Hail, the Eyeball!
edit on 17-4-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Yeah I found out about them through a friend's father. Im only 30 so they were way before me but it was an odd summer with them, DEVO, and Kraftwerk. Even just thinking about it now sends me down memory lane. Thank you for that. I think I will be revisiting this myself on youtube tonight.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

i'm kinda pulling half remembered suff out of the back of my head here, but i think you are right that they kept their identities secret and always wore messed up outfits. that giant eye is ringing some odd bells too. they sort of remind me of a musical version of gilbert and george for some reason
on naughty sweets obvs

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Ah brings back the good ole days?????

When I "flash back", this is always there. We use to crank it up. it was so long , best part was on a turntable if you left the arm up it would keep playing.

Wouldn't get up for hours.

Peace out....er,...um,... MAN

edit on 17-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

i never actually owned a copy of tubular bells, possibly as pretty much everyone else i knew had it and sometimes i kinda enjoyed other friends having "signature" albums if you catch my drift - it was always nice to hang out at theirs and go through their vinyl for what i did not own myself.
my turntable went up into the loft when my son was born six years ago, as i did not want to have to deal with a kid bumping into stuff when i played treasured pieces and causing scratches. i really did not want to face having to decide if i loved my kid or record collection more and the possible reaction i would have when my reggae collection got scratched up

ETA: shoot, or even worse, war of the worlds
that would be serious test of a father's love!
edit on 17-4-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I got into 'em back in the early 90's... so yeah, I was a bit late to the whole thing. Title In Limbo and Not Available are my favourite albums.

I know who they are too! Or at least the two main guys. The rest of the band has changed hands so many times it's ridiculous.
edit on 21-4-2013 by BLACKLODGEBOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The Residents - In the Beginning & God's Business (Live)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Residents - Google God (2004)

The Residents - Inner Space (Animal Lover Instrumental - January 2008)

top topics

join