It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Wrong with the Kids Nowadays? New Youtube Trend Takes Us a Step Closer to Idiocracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
First of all, I sincerely hope there is nothing wrong about posting it in this forum. I found out this new Youtube "trend" from a local news portal. I do not want to disturb anyone with it, so I put a warning sign.

Warning!The video might be disturbing/gross for some people. If you decide to watch it, you watch it at your own responsibility.

Video: www.youtube.com...

What is worst, she is not the first one to do it. There are hundreds of people doing that idiotic challenge.

Description some people were interested in. The "condom challenge" is the newest, most disturbing YouTube trend in which young kids snort condoms and then pull them out of their mouths. Yes, it's as gross as it sounds.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Youtube search: www.youtube.com...

The different youtube trends are getting more and more absurd.

I remember somebody saying:

First there was Planking, then Owling and Milking, now there´s Harlem Shake´ing. If the next could be thinking that would be great.

Unfortunately it wasn´t...

This is becoming more and more absurdic. The thought of Idiocracy seems to be becoming clearer looking what different people, especially the younger generation does.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Can you briefly describe what the video shows? I'm very leery of clicking on the video without knowing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I guess the world truly is crazy. I'm one of those people who are not followers. But always wonder what fads and trends are popular. You do have some real idiots and losers who will follow the leader and jump off the bridge. But hey! People love not thinking for themselves. A good quote by Neil deGrasse Tyson explains perfectly my view on the majority of people online and offline.

“to learn that it’s easier to be told by others what to think and believe than it is to think for yourself.”

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Condom challenge. Condom in from nose, out from mouth.

I can not get how a person can even come to such an idea.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just don't know how many more lows we can reach.Surely rock bottom isn't too far away, or maybe we are already there?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

You and your peers never did anything absurd when you were children?

I had a friend who would do what your video shows but with a cooked spaghetti noodle. 20 years later she's now a lawyer.

Kids will be the future leaders of this country, with a few more years of experience and learning.

People have been complaining about kids since Socrates. Get over it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well maybe its someone's fetish.

Most fetishes are weird so whats wrong with this? It

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's nothin'!

I used to do that with a chain. Great bar trick for free beer. That was in my younger days.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Can you briefly describe what the video shows? I'm very leery of clicking on the video without knowing.

You know. Right now, you win because of that.

I can't unsee this crap.

Curiosity killed TC

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's so much easier to get your 15 minutes of fame since the advent of youtube. We will see more of this and even more absurd. Bring it on!!

edit on 16-4-2013 by SinMaker because: Typo

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Don't worry, natural selection will weed out the ones that choke to death because it becomes an obstruction or gets sucked into the trachea.

... What is a girl of that young age doing with a condom in the first place?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Why would you even want to do it, let alone risk choking on it. I'm sure she's making her parents proud.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I second that...somethings once seen cannot be Unseen

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

lol its nothing special really... a girl manages to get a condom in through her nose and out through her mouth...

Nothing special and not a big deal. Its "spill your coke through your nose" only in reverse and with a condom...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
GO AWAY I'M BATE"IN....

I like money.........

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Every generation has their share of dumb "activities". Either you were one of those kids that never did anything just for the heck of it, or you really don't know the world around you.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
To be honest. I started to think about the dumb stuff I have done.

Probably much dumber than this (although I have never risked my life by doing something) and even more gross. From drinking games to challenges.

Although what differs me from them, is the fact that I did not make a video of it and set it up for anybody to see in the internet for decades to go, whether employers or my future kids. I had the chance, Youtube and different picture portals were there when I was younger, although I decided not to have any videos or dumb pictures of me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

You know. Right now, you win because of that.

I can't unsee this crap.

Curiosity killed TC

I gave up when I realized she was starting to stuff it up her nose. I didn't know what the outcome was going to be, but I did know by then that I would never be able to unsee it.

Best not to see it in the first place, IMO....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
GO AWAY I'M BATE"IN....

I like money.........

I cant believe you like money too. We should hang out.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Every generation has their share of dumb "activities". Either you were one of those kids that never did anything just for the heck of it, or you really don't know the world around you.

Or you were smart enough to let some other moron try it and learn from their stupidity...

Of course I cannot claim that!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join