It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast-Growing Sunspot: Two days ago, sunspot AR1723 did not exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That's really fast ..

spaceweather.com...

FAST-GROWING SUNSPOT: Two days ago, sunspot AR1723 did not exist. Now it sprawls nearly 100,000 km (8 Earth-diameters) across the sun's southern hemisphere. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is monitoring the sunspot's rapid expansion:

AR1723 has a 'beta-gamma' magnetic field that harbors energy for M-class solar flares. If the magnetic field is changing as quickly as the underlying sunspot, it could become unstable and explode. Stay tuned for updates, as Earth would be in the line of fire.

spaceweather.com...

sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

solen.info...

edit on 16-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Also we have big solar prominence and look's very nice one ..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'm running out of firewood
This was supposed to happen when I had lots of firewood.
Actually I have next years firewood I can tap into. I try to have firewood in stock for one year ahead.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Actually I have next years firewood I can tap into. I try to have firewood in stock for one year ahead.

Better get to choppin

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Also AR1723 ..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Make one wonder what happened to Mars
We are a fragile species capable of living only in a pretty darn narrow range of environmental windows. I have always wondered just how fast this experiment can be erased.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Damn I have lots of fire wood but none of it is seasoned. The only thing I like to hear sizzle is bacon.

Wow that is a large sunspot.Hope we don't get the burst from that. The only thing to look forward too would be the northern lights.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

The Goldilocks Zone is what its called.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I wouldn't worry about the Sun going ballistic. If it does, what can we do about it anyway. I'd be more worried of what we can do something about and how to simply enjoy life. We don't need expensive stuff to be happy, that's just what we were conditioned to believe. A picnic in your back yard with a BBQ grill is more fun than eating in a stuffy restaurant. Eating in a restaurant should be a treat once in a while not a way of life. Meat people at the local park and enjoy nature. They are trying to make us fear mosquitoes so we eat in restaurants and swim in pools instead of the clean lakes and oceans. No comparison to me, I'll take nature over man's fake creations any day.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't worry. In fact few things would make me happier than to be alive when the world/humanity ends via a comet. I would stand right where it is going to hit with a big fat hairy smile. Why? At least I would be certain I would not miss something really neat, ya' know like anti gravity, interstellar travel, mostly it would just make me happy knowing I was not going alone. Ya I'm selfish.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

That comet won't kill you if it hits nearby. It will knock all your teeth out and your hair will fall out and other injuries will give you multiple problems. Your insurance won't pay the bills because of technicalities and you will wind up two million in debt with dentures and a wig
Smile at comets when they pass by the earth

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

^^^^^^^^^^

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some nice documentary about sunspots ..

The Sunspot Mystery (BBC Documentary)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You said "Meat" people... huh, could this so tragic to our way of life that people gather in parks to eat each other?

Well as far as this being fresh doom, count me in because I still have an uneasy feeling and I do not think it relates to Boston.

So I will be reading this thread for more info as it comes in. Do we know when this will hit earth? How strong it will be? The effects?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Why are you stealing other peoples work by just copying and pasting stuff?

Don't you have an opinion? id like it if your thread had ANY substance.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Why are you stealing other peoples work by just copying and pasting stuff?

Don't you have an opinion? id like it if your thread had ANY substance.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

You said "Meat" people... huh, could this so tragic to our way of life that people gather in parks to eat each other?

Well as far as this being fresh doom, count me in because I still have an uneasy feeling and I do not think it relates to Boston.

So I will be reading this thread for more info as it comes in. Do we know when this will hit earth? How strong it will be? The effects?

Nothing for now

We will see, there is no stronger solar flare or CME in our direction now is still peacefully but probably soon we will have again some stronger flares, suppose first from 1719 or 1718 ..

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Spell a word wrong and it turns to gloom.

There is nothing I have read about this sunspot or the predominance that says it is going to do anything at all. The sunspot is growing pretty big but then again, just because something is big doesn't mean it is dangerous. Maybe we will get some northern lights out of this one that reach down to Texas again. I don't worry about sunspots, I have a wood cookstove and alternative lighting and a couple of old generators. If something does happen to knock out power, civilization does not have to fall apart. There was no power in the mid 1800s and everyone got along. It will just mean change, possibly for the better.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sunspot AR1723 is peaceful for now, sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Sunspot AR1719 erupted during the late hours of April 18th hurling a strong CME into direction of Mercury ..

CME TARGETS MERCURY

edit on 19-4-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

If my theory is right that the sun is the OUTPUT of a large black hole then its just a matter of time until a large planet or solar system is sucked into the black hole and causes major flares and sun spots that will be spectacular,and the arrangement of the input and output could REVERSE.
edit on 19-4-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

top topics

join