It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for "Drill"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for "Drill"

www.local15tv.com

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is an interesting report from a local Mobile, Alabama news station that interviewed the University of Mobile's cross-country coach about the marathon bombing today. He says there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and the finish lines and announcements about a drill. Interesting time for a drill. They have been saying all day that there were no previous threats.

www.local15tv.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Some reporter said the same thing during a live press conference on CNN. Seems fishy. Weren't they preparing for 9/11 and London the day that happened as well?
edit on 15-4-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There are always 'Drills' and 'Practice' before a """"Terrorist Attack""""

it pisses me off what people believe sometimes, spoon fed media government rubbish

automatically the Eastern world hates America's freedoms, Islam and Muslims just want to kill American's because we are "Free"

it's absurd to believe the American Government is as bad as other countries, absurd to believe that just because we have an "American President' who pledged to uphold this "Constitution" they would never kill their own people for their personal benefit, How dare us brain dead Conspiracy Theorist
edit on 15-4-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2013 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Great catch, OP.

There is always a "drill", isn't there??
I know for sure they said they had no reason to suspect this..they repeated that a jillion times on the news this afternoon. Oh, really!

Also noticed in footage right after the explosion, a lot of people dressed in military fatigues on the scene..can anyone clarify if they were members of the audience?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i posted this earlier, and some one else post it before me.
good catch though

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My husband was a US Army military police explosives K-9 handler for 22 years. He attended many such events with his dog from 1988 until he retired in 2010. He did training at these events as well. I don't think this is really anything unusual. He personally attended events such as nascar, baseball games, football games, marathons (he went to the NYC marathon a few times), political events, etc with his k-9 partner.

By the way, his last K-9 retired with him in 2010 and passed away July of last year at the age of 8. He was the most amazing german shephard named Max and i loved him with my whole heart. Such a good boy!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I saw that after - I think we posted at the same time - I was wondering what to do about that - if I should delete or something - this is the first time I posted. I suppose the mods will get it down to one thread, yea?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well if they do regularly attend large events like this, wouldn't it stand out when something does happen. My belief is that it's just coincidence

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
If it is standard procedure now to have bomb-sniffing dogs with their handlers attending such events then one must think, "fat lot of good it does having them there." It must have been a "drill" for them this time as no one seems to have taken actual security measures seriously.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's a good point that maybe we have just reached a point where every major event is a good place to have a drill, and it really is coincidence, but if everything is always a drill what does that do to emergency protocol?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Avalon42 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
If it is standard procedure now to have bomb-sniffing dogs with their handlers attending such events then one must think, "fat lot of good it does having them there." It must have been a "drill" for them this time as no one seems to have taken actual security measures seriously.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

You cannot seriously think that bomb sniffing dogs can screen the thousands of moving people there. They do the best they can. They are constantly moving and patrolling certain assigned areas. (called sweeps) A scenario..the person who did this waited for a sweep knowing it would take a few minutes before the area was swept again, and planted his bomb then. It is not a perfect system. THey have saved many many lives so I applaud them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

. . . his last K-9 retired with him in 2010 and passed away July of last year at the age of 8.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
My dog died a year ago at 8 1/2 and I thought it was a tragically young age to die at, but I suppose it happens and my friends didn't seem too shocked by it.
We love our dogs and want them to live forever, of course.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

new topics

top topics

join