It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
MY THEORY:

Why bomb a marathon, and why the Boston marathon, it's hardly the highest profile event...

Boston was hugely significant and symbolic in the revolution, the tea party took place here.

I'm sorry to say but I think it's home grown US "freedom fighters" making a statement against a corrupt government and what they see as the removal of rights, possibly gun issue related.

Why on earth anyone would want to blow up innocent civilians is beyond me, but to me this is the most logical motivator for this heinous act.

I doubt it's Korea or Islamic terrorists.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

The marathon was being run in honor of the victims of the Newtown massacre. Some families were apparently watching from near the finish line

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

My point was in context of what the other poster said. That poster was lamenting humanity and how much destruction we cause. I was merely highlighting to her that in the US, it's largely civilized and safe - that these kind of attacks occur in many other countries *everyday*.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by salainen

No, it's common place to happen in those places but not in the U.S. hence the news. It's not news just because it happened in the U.S.

Why is it news around the world? If this happened in some other countries, would you hear about it? Main point was though that the public might not realise that there are countries where this happens regurlarly. So this isn't a huge tragedy, what goes on elsewhere is a huge tragedy, this is just a small incident.

link   
United States Army present, two confirmed dead 22 injured, the POTUS notified.

Confirmed two BOMBS went off.

www.baa.org/

-Alien
edit on 4/15/2013 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

link   
Anyone have video of the explosion??

That would give us some clues

link   
New York on alert - NYPD has stepped up security widespread.

link   
at this point any package or item will be treated as suspicious untill cleared....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Live news is repeating it repeatedly. The explosions seem to have come from the Fairmont hotel...

The organisers of the marathon have stated on Facebook that "two bombs exploded..."
edit on 4/15/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by salainen

Ok, I see your point now. You're right, absolutely right. That's the U.S. government controlled news for you. smh.

link   
Now its up to 28 injured
2 dead

Other cities on high alert until they sort this out as to motive and whoever did it
edit on 15-4-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Fox reported 3 dead.

link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

My thoughts exactly, same goes for a false flag imo

link   
Count me as one who doesn't believe NK would pull something like this.

Yes, it wasn't as bad as some other horrible events but it COULD have been worse. There are thousands of people in Boston for this event and as I said previously the location of the explosions is highly suspect to me, the finish line on Sunday afternoon of the Marathon.

If I were to speculate, and of course I am otherwise I wouldn't be participating in such a forum, this is an engineered attack, call it a false flag or whatever you like, just as 9/11 and the London bombings and OKC and so many others have been. There's a history of suspicious attacks blamed on some purposefully delegated enemy, whether real or imaginary, in order to further an agenda.

The name of the game is fear and terror and I think they, whoever they are, succeeded today.

To those asking for video, a poster a page or 2 back gave a reddit link that has other links to the explosion. It looked pretty deliberate to me. The chances of an accident I would think are slim although it's true with the event there was much more equipment in the area. Didn't look like a small little explosion though
edit on 15-4-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by Power_Semi

I think that it's to show that whomever did this can strike at any time. Look at how many people were there and nobody saw anything suspicious.

That is not a motivation for planting a bomb, people plant bombs to make some ideological point, not to show they can plant a bomb.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

www.reddit.com...

link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Witnesses said several victims lost limbs, the race was stopped and the area is being evacuated

NK's opening salvo? This is their celebration day, and they have openly threatened us.
False flag?

I was waiting for someone to mention the possibility of it being NK or Iran...

At least you did it in a way that was not definitive

It's WAY too early to blame anyone yet, we aren't even sure what happened so how could we possibly begin speculating who did this?

In your defense, the points you made are very plausible.

link   
2 dead. Multiple media now quoting officials that they were "bombs".

Ball bearings found on the street.
edit on 4/15/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx

link   
We got video folks, not a huge bomb but big enough
to throw a ringer in the race.
This is some type pf home made bomb..
The building is still in tact
This is no oklahoma city which is very good news.
they say a cellphone set it off.

edit on 15-4-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

reply to post by Power_Semi

I think that it's to show that whomever did this can strike at any time. Look at how many people were there and nobody saw anything suspicious.

That is not a motivation for planting a bomb, people plant bombs to make some ideological point, not to show they can plant a bomb.

My point was leaning more towards why they picked this event, the Boston Marathon, to detonate the bombs.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join