It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:Explosion At Boston Marathon

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

i'm curious where you've read such cause i'm reading the exact opposite.

Reading the color of the flash, the smoke and the lack of a visible shock front in the footage and pics. Plus the experience with fireworks and low explosives from a former life.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Al-Qaida branch in Yemen once issued a manual on how to build a pressure cooker bomb

CAIRO – Homemade bombs built from pressure cookers, a version of which was used in the Boston Marathon bombings, have been a frequent weapon of militants in Afghanistan, India and Pakistan. Al-Qaida's branch in Yemen once published an online manual on how to make one, urging "lone jihadis" to act on their own to carry out attacks. President Barack Obama underlined Tuesday that investigators do not know if the twin bombing the day before that killed three people and wounded more than 170 was carried out by an international organization, a domestic group or a "malevolent individual." There has been no claim of responsibility. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Honor93

with no one claiming responsibility,

This what everyone should be talking about no one is claiming responsibility strange most groups always love to take credit even when they don't do anything.

Maybe a fear of a drone through their window is hindering the "investigation".

Sometimes a group will claim responsibility through indiscrete back channels or forums...and the gov will pretend not to notice and keep a lid on it...with the aim of baiting the group into being louder about it...which gives them a more certaintity and another avenue of intelligence to track down. Otherwise if they can get the group to have to repeat themselves...it's a good thing.

It's also possible that the group is embarrassed by the less than expected death toll?

Or that it wasn't a terrorist org.

But if it was a terrorist org the gov will feign deafness to try to make them publicly and loudly claim it...easier target.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

maybe.
or maybe those 'in the know' are, simply because they've done it sucessfully before

i wonder how many posters here remember the WU bombings of the 60s & 70s ??
those 'perpetrators' are government employees/czars today.
who'd've thought they could do that ??

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Honor93

Reading the color of the flash, the smoke and the lack of a visible shock front in the footage and pics. Plus the experience with fireworks and low explosives from a former life.

Im with you it lookes like Gunpowder/Flashpowder/Cordite or badly made TCAP

My instint is Flashpowder or contaminated TCAP as they are likley to fool detection haveing no nitrates in them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Strictly speaking "logic" is like math...it does not vary like opinion. Someone's logic can be better constructed and premised on more sound factual evidence within the rules of logic...but "logic" is logic. It even adopts a symbolic algebraic format for analysis and discussion. You don't get do dismiss it like opinion.

But that is a subjective observation at best. A logical argument is not necessarily a correct argument. What seems logical to one or a group may not appear logical to another group or person.

You haven't presented any evidence I have seen to support a false flag operation?

Sorry where did I suggest this was a false flag?

Instead you have been quick to emotionally bait those that question your claim.

What claim would that be? And who's jumping the gun here?

Maybe construct a sound argument with evidence for the claim? I'd listen?

What claim?

But Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence ...and I haven't seen ANY evidence at all to support the claim.

I havn't seen any evidence to support ANY claim made so far. Have you?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

As I read the timeline there was almost 3 hours between last bomb sweep and detonation...the dogs are not in question IMO. The packages were dropped shortly before detonation.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That is a sky-blue request. If you are unable to follow the story and choose to challenge the countless reports explaining that other devices/bombs were not found beyond the two that detonated...then that is your issue and the poster shouldn't have to hunt down common knowledge for you.

Sorry I don't have the time to sit and read every post on ATS to make sure I know what everybody said. Most of the posts are repeats of the early data from the media anyway which is sure to be here say and innuendo. Reading ten pages of bunk to find the one debunk is not my idea of how to spend my time.

So thanks for the non-update update.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Thats fair enough. There is so many factors really. For all we know the fact dog where there meant they were too scared to make a bigger bomb with more easily detected materials.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

What's the point of wasting money to have dogs, if you aren't bottlenecking incoming people, with bomb dogs as well? Total waste of money.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

well, since i'm no explosive expert, i defer that conversation to them.
if your experience leads you to believe these things, perhaps such possibilities do exist until they're eliminated ... i am not to say either way.

however, i have been reading much to the contrary.
i get very few clues from smoke, color, shock or debris fields.
but, if what you suggest is true, who would likely encounter/obtain such substances ??

edit on 16-4-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Indigo5

What's the point of wasting money to have dogs, if you aren't bottlenecking incoming people, with bomb dogs as well? Total waste of money.

There are still explosives that are undectable. The good new is the undectable ones give a "small" bang or are unreliable.

Those dog may have stopped a far worse bomb.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Indigo5

Not a bad question.

link   

My instint is Flashpowder or contaminated TCAP as they are likley to fool detection haveing no nitrates in them.

Yah, on the low order nature of those. The only problem I have with flash powder is that flash is white and I see orange in the pics.

link   
reply to post by canucks555

seriously ??
did FOX forget that the DHS issued a 'warning' about such bombs back in 2004 ??

link   

Originally posted by Honor93
[ if what you suggest is true, who would likely encounter/obtain such substances ??

In UK you can get stuff like that off Ebay. If you want to do it off the radar then you could use cash in hand to buy the same stuff out of hardwear stores and pharmacys.
edit on 16-4-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by 3mperorConstantinE

They're the Australian Olympic colours too.

Bloody kangaroos did it. I knew it, I knew they had a pouch for some reason, and they sort of look like joggers as they hop down a street carrying a walkman.

Case solved.

Ah … wino fiend, quite funny.
Not your comment, mind you, but rather the fact that the human typist behind that shifty, long-nailed pedo-wizard avatar of your’s is so comically arrogant, that they'll mindlessly click that “Reply To” button, with no real reason for doing so. Adding … zero information.

Logic fail for you.

Next time, check out this awesome sequence:
Read, comprehend, and then reply.

I didn't post the picture of “The Jogger” from that satirical card game, which someone embeds anew, every two hours like clockwork–
edit on 16-4-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Shouting FALSE FLAG! FALSE FLAG! FORCE FLAG! is just stupid.

Gotta agree with this tired of people screaming false flag about everything that happens in this country.

IIt's like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by bbracken677

hmmmmm, i think i've heard similar to this line before, haven't you ?

There is no need, nor desire for the govt to ban and confiscate our pressure cookers.
trade the words "pressure cooker" for guns/ammo and i think you might understand.

I hope you see the humor in that statement. Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yah, on the low order nature of those. The only problem I have with flash powder is that flash is white and I see orange in the pics.

Badly made TCAP then. I posted my reason here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
If it that it will be bloody hard for the FBI to track if the perp was smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join