It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan Vote Rigged???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As many of you are probably aware Maduro apparently won the Venezuelan election by a very tight margin(just 235000 votes.

The 50-year-old former bus driver, whom Chavez named as his preferred heir before dying from cancer, edged out opposition challenger Henrique Capriles with 50.7 percent of the votes in Sunday's election, according to election board returns. Capriles took 49.1 percent, just 235,000 fewer ballots. Capriles, whose strong showing confounded most forecasts, refused to recognize the result and said his team had a list of more than 3,000 irregularities ranging from gunshots to the illegal reopening of polling centres.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The opposition have demanded a recount. My wife is Venezuelan and has been following the local news and twitter. Apparently 2 ballot boxes have been found discarded by a road side. The pro chavistas (maduro) are in my opinion trying to destroy the evidence. It was a slim margin he apparently won by and every vote counts.

globovision.com...
Translation from site

he former deputy to the National Assembly (AN), Wilmer Azuaje, reported that several ballot boxes were found Monday in the Trunk 5 of Barinas. Tanks Bolivarian National Guard (GNB), the Plan República and regional police officers are in place. Azuaje confirmed Globovisión.com two public prosecutors presented in the Core 5. One of the prosecutors was identified as Maria Carolina Merchan, while the other would not give his name. Azuaje demanded the presence of representatives of the Regional Board of the National Electoral Council for a recount of the ballots, as the boxes were found open. He said that the polls belong to the Labor Workshop Special Children, located in Alto Barinas. Chief Republic Plan in the state said that the boxes with paper ballots allegedly fell off the lieutenant who was in charge of protecting the electoral material in mentioned polling, said Azuaje. The former deputy also added that other polling places were located in the same situation in the way José Antonio Páez, at Barrancas, and Barinitas.

twitter.com...

There seems to be a lot wrong with this election and the Chavistas have the power to manipulate the vote.

Please see my other threads on the subject to get my personal view

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 15-4-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: link

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

When will people understand......All votes are rigged! They will only let in who they want, no matter what! This is terrible I know, but they handpick who they want in and make sure it happens.....Voting just makes people think they have a say

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Maybe if Venezuelan's fight this, Americans can learn something.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yeah, probably rigged by Capriles' faction but just not enough to win otherwise he would have suffered a major loss.

Who the hell in Venezuela wants the old thieving regime back unless they are from the old thieving dictatorial regime.

Viva Chavismo ! Viva Maduro !

Maduro’s political career started as a union leader while he was a Caracas bus driver. He even drove himself in a bus to and from registering his candidacy for the presidency on 11 March, mocking the opposition who have attacked him for not having a university degree.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Update... Now it appears Muduro is getting sworn in today instead of on Friday when it was meant to be. A full recount has been demanded but once he is sworn in and becomes president there is not a lot that can be done. I have a feeling things are going to get nasty but I hope not.

www.noticias24.com...

State television broadcast a call Maduro's followers to "accompany" e n an act of public proclamation at a central square in Caracas. The event will take place at 2:00 pm when they are expected to attend the ruling, as was the call of Maduro during his speech last night, which urged people to stay in the streets and celebrate until Friday

edit on 15-4-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mypan

I assume you have never been to Venezuela judging from your comments.Chavez had every opportunity to improve the country, invest in the infrastructure, create jobs and improve the standard of living for the poorest residents. Apart from a few token gestures he failed on all accounts and instead lined his pocket as well as his inner circle.

He gave vast sums of money to Bolivia and Cuba while his own people are shooting each other either for food or drugs and in the majority of cases getting away with it.

I have no love for corporations and feel that a country's assets should belong to the people but if you think that is the approach Chavez or Muduro were/are taking then you my friend are sadly deluded.

Peace

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The problem is the majority of the police, national guard (who look like kids with assault rifles) and the armed forces are pro Chavez/Murudo.

People that voted against Chavez in the first election had their firearms licence revoked or not reissued. Saying that, most households do own a firearm (be it illegally) mainly due to a need to protect their property and family from the constant threat of armed robbery.

I hope things dont turn bloody. My wife is there at the moment. Unfortunately the divide has continued to grow and in the end this seems inevitable.

edit on 15-4-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

My god! I feel for everyone down there. It is frustrating, seeing this from an outsider's perspective. I can't imagine what those in Venezuela are feeling!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I could imagine the CIA in the background quietly funding the backlash too.......
The trouble is that there is really little choice for the real Vezuelans..............nobody really gives a crap about them.....
The whole world needs a revolution.....
The OLD REGIME needs to go too.......
Its time for something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Some more twitter updates about votes being destroyed and hidden. Dont know how genuine photos are ,maybe someone with a bit of experience can check to see if they have been manipulated.

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

top topics

join