It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Free from the Occult – For those with eyes that see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
Do you know of Santos Bonacci ?
He was a devout Jehovahs witness for 26 years who spent
a great amount of time as a missionary for the religion.
Until he felt the leaders, who abhore lying, we're not telling the truth.

He believes those at the top know full well that the Son
of God, is the SUN.

Take a look at any of your latest JW pamphlets..
Notice what local Star is always used to represent Jehovah himself?
Yep.. The bright shiny yellow Sun we love so much, is front and center
on most Jehovhas witness reading materials.

Called Yahweh, Jehovah, or Je' sus, the' Sun is more obvious
as our God than all the Abrahamic religions combined.

Speaking of Abraham...
wasn't that joke that God played on him awful?
You know, when God asks Abraham to KILL his Son...
to prove his devotion to Yahweh?
Then just as Abraham is about to slit his sons throat,
God says "Just kidding! "
Wtf !? Who does that?! Was that God?
Or a new episode of Jackass?

Anyway, since a jealous, vengeful God is well accepted, imagine how pissed the Sun
will be when you die. You spent all that time worshipping a false idol and now you
have a million mile diameter plasma spewing real GOD mad at you.
way to go...,

The Sun, in full agreement with science, is the bringer of ALL life.
You, me, Michael Jackson, michaels man in the mirror,
hell... even the mirror..is made up of the Sun.
This is fact.

Every morning plants and animals reach as high
as they can to see the Glory of the coming of the LORD.
All life comes from the SON.

The only hurdle is, it doesn't have a beard and sandals.
But considering all the other outlandish things one must believe,
Understanding the Sun may be a sentient intelligence,
doesn't feel like too much a stretch .
I'm sticking with the one true known giver of life.

Oooh your gonna get it when you die.. ; )
edit on 15-4-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I personally know thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses. I am also one myself. I know several members of the governing body, and several that have passed.

Also you can find all of the information we have published over the past decade and all of our beliefs here:

www.jw.org...

I realize you have nothing to add to the OP except to try and derail this thread, you can go open your own if you wish. This is not about apostates who lie about the truth.

If you or anyone else is interested in knowing the truth about us personally feel free to ask me, or go to the website, or ask any other witness.

Otherwise please try to stay on the subject of the thread. It gets tedious when you guys appear whenever a thread is made about the truth to try and derail it.

Do you have anything to add to the OP at all? Just curious.
edit on 15-4-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What I find interesting in stuff like this is that Jehovah is a mispronunciation of the tetragrammaton, YHWH. We really do not know how it was really pronounced so Jehovah is used and accepted.

I was totally surprised to find YHWH used in magick and Kabbala. When I examined what the Bible followers are doing (what I used to do) I find that the Bible is a book of shadows or a grimore. Its adherents are practicing a sanitized version of magick. Faith and fear are used to blind one from seeing this and for good reason...if they understood this, Bible based religion would loose its control.

So getting out of the occult and right back into a different version of the occult.........is a good thing?

So..BTW....How many hours are you going to claim on your monthly report for witnessing to a bunch of conspiracy theorists? Is there now a territory card for the internet? Frankly I think you are throwing your pearls before swine witnessing here on this type of forum. Save the sermons for those that want to be saved and enjoy everlasting life on a paradise earth free of people like me.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Oolon because: BTW

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oolon
What I find interesting in stuff like this is that Jehovah is a mispronunciation of the tetragrammaton, YHWH. We really do not know how it was really pronounced so Jehovah is used and accepted.

I was totally surprised to find YHWH used in magick and Kabbala. When I examined what the Bible followers are doing (what I used to do) I find that the Bible is a book of shadows or a grimore. Its adherents are practicing a sanitized version of magick. Faith and fear are used to blind one from seeing this and for good reason...if they understood this, Bible based religion would loose its control.

So getting out of the occult and right back into a different version of the occult.........is a good thing?

So..BTW....How many hours are you going to claim on your monthly report for witnessing to a bunch of conspiracy theorists? Is there now a territory card for the internet? Frankly I think you are throwing your pearls before swine witnessing here on this type of forum. Save the sermons for those that want to be saved and enjoy everlasting life on a paradise earth free of people like me.
edit on 4/15/2013 by Oolon because: BTW

Yes every religion you can think of is stuck in the paradigm of relying on 'quasi-traditional occult practices'.

I personally try to reject all forms of idolatry.

edit on 15-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubAcePerhaps, can you give me at least one good reason why it is a lie? Can you give me one?

I know you were asking this of Carreau but I would like to answer you as to why people might have a difficult time believing in the testimony you posted about "Gordon".

“My connection with occultism started when I joined the Psychic Research Society...

There is no such society aside from a newer psychic reading place that popped up in San Francisco recently which is pretty much just one dude. There is a "Society for Psychical Research" in London but it is never referred to as the "Psychic Research Society".

Seeking to develop my occult abilities even further, I took up transcendental meditation as a member of a Buddhist society. I soon found that Eastern philosophies are a natural steppingstone to fundamental occultism.

This is as if it is torn directly from the old 1970's books on cults that tried to pin anything not of their cult as a cult. Buddhism is not a cult. These same books call martial arts a cult as well as Jehovah's Witnesses.

As my grasp of ritual and transcendental magic increased, so did my circle of friends all over the country. I became adept at tarot reading and at interpreting the cabala. I was initiated into the progressive grades of witchcraft until I eventually became high priest of a witches’ coven. I taught these arts to many others, including my wife, who became my high priestess.

While this could be true, I doubt it. Ceremonial magic like he is describing is, at best, something that isn't used to determine your place among witches or skill as a witch or, at worst, discouraged by most coven traditions. The person who made this story up is confusing the two and assuming people won't know the difference. An hour of research could have made his story believable.

But things were not right with me or with my magical arts. My coven was subjected to bickerings and jealousy. There was rivalry with other covens, one group even working magic against another. Worse still, sordid affairs of a sexual nature (an all-too-common factor in witchcraft) eventually affected me, to the sad detriment of my own marriage. I started experimenting with ‘soft’ drugs, becoming increasingly unhappy and disillusioned.

Again, I think he's confusing ceremonial magic with witchcraft. Most witches (even pre-Gardenian) have strict guidelines on practicing against those who draw from the same well (other witches). This was common among magic societies like the Golden Dawn but is not something commonly associated with witchcraft. Also, the big traditional coven groups are generally against drug use. Again, just another example of this guy not doing his homework before making up his story.

It was at this time that a passing acquaintance, knowing of my connections with witchcraft, gave me a copy of the book ‘Babylon the Great Has Fallen!’ God’s Kingdom Rules! The title immediately captured my interest. I knew full well that ancient Babylon had been the repository of all ‘secret religion’ and that the Bible’s book of Revelation, mentioning ‘Babylon the Great,’ contained many mysteries too. Although I read the book eagerly and carefully, I was still confused, but this turned out to be my first positive step in gaining freedom from the subtle powers of occultism.

C'mon... this sounds like an infomercial. Do I even need to pick this apart or can you feel the after school special sleeze on this?

My new friend, an elder in the local congregation, was genuinely concerned at what I had to say. I took him into my magician’s den. Even now I can recall how astounded he was at what he saw! Occult paintings filled the room. My two swords of initiation, beads of incantation and incense burners were displayed with my Arthame dagger—used by witches to draw circles and pentacles when calling spirit forces into human contact.

"Wizard's den"?! What the hell, is this guy Harry Potter? Is he talking about his alter room, maybe? And "Arthame"? He can't even spell his tools correctly? It's ATHAME. Again, the guy making this up doesn't understand that witches are witches and wizards are wizards. A wizard isn't simply a "male witch". They are completely different approaches to magic and theology.

Our discussion centred around the Bible, a book for which I had always had a natural respect, but of which I knew little. We used a small book, The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, as a guide to systematic Bible study. During the ensuing weeks I learned the simple truth about evil and the demons, and of their power to control and direct men’s minds.

Hah! This guy would have extensive knowledge of the bible if he were a ceremonial magician and would know much more about demonology than this Jehovah's witness guy would. The bible is the gateway sourcebook for demonologists.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce

One thing that greatly disturbed me, I remember, was my first reading of Deuteronomy 18:10-12: ‘There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah.’ “I had no idea that such a statement was in the Bible and it shocked me a great deal. In fact, my conscience began to trouble me as I realized my considerable guilt over the things with which I had been involved. On the other hand, the clarity of the truth came sharper in focus as a result, and for this I was grateful.

"I had no idea! Derp derp!" Oh my word. Really?! So... he just somehow got involved in some crazy hybrid of witchcraft and ceremonial magic and never once heard about people being burned at the stake as well as their innocent children and anybody who thought that a woman should do more than be subjugated or didn't agree with their brand of dogma? Lies.

Slowly, but surely, I became free from demon influence. It was not easy. Witches and other former friends did all they could to dissuade me, but I treasured my newly found freedom too much to compromise. The forces of evil are strong, but I soon came to realize that the forces for good are stronger. I have every reason to be thankful for the happiness and security I now have serving Jehovah, the God of truth and of light.—2 Cor. 4:3-6.

Nobody with even a rudimentary understanding of ceremonial magic, witchcraft, and the Jehovah cult would describe any of them in these terms. This dude's story is a complete joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I will break free from the small minded thinking of dogmatic Paulism instead. I like Jesus teaching but cannot stand Paul. If you wanna be a Paulite then be a Paulite. When there is a contridiction then I follow Jesus Love message and see Paul message as the hate message it is. To me Paul in fact either is a fool or Satan himself destroying Jesus message.
edit on 15-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manunnaki
reply to post by SubAce

Eyes that see see Christianity as another branch of the occult. Who represent Osiris as Jesus. And Amun as God.

Actually that comment was predicted. That is why, if you'll notice in the OP those false demon-gods of Egypt are shown to be in direct opposition to Jehovah.
If you are able to see past your occult indoctrination perhaps you'll be able to see it. If not, then so be it.

That is only humans creating themselves as special to god in a effort to feel good about themselves. God takes care of all of gods souls no matter where they are and how they view god and try to teach the highest for of what god is to the student that the student can handle.

When the souls is ready to be loving toward god and live in symbiosis without fear with god then god says hi in the way that is most suitable for the soul and god so that their connection and understanding will be the highest it can be at that time. God can find you anywhere you are without any previous knowledge of religion and make you know it. The more deluded ideas about god the less room in the cup for what really is and what god wants to teach. That is why a totally questioning mind without ego is so incredible. That mind can easily be guided by a loving harmonious god to see gods wonders.
edit on 15-4-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

No its not, the only part in external quotes is the "experience" of that co called occultist. So, are you now admitting that the first page of post is not your writing?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinrad
reply to post by SubAce

No its not, the only part in external quotes is the "experience" of that co called occultist. So, are you now admitting that the first page of post is not your writing?

Sorry, I didn't really infer that you were referring to what I had written and thought that it was taken from somewhere else. Everything that was quoted from another source is in external quotes.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
YHWH (Jah or Jehovah) is a moon god that jews took from Egypt. The god Iah,Yah,Jah is the name of the god. Alot of Jewish names in the bible in iah(moon god). Jeremiah,Shemariah,Tuviah,Yedidiah,Zechariah,Zehariah,Hezekiah,Jedidiah,Nehemiah,Zephaniah.
Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong in their doctrines one being the date of 607BCE. Nebuchadnezzar's father Nabopolassar reigned from 625 to 605. Nebuchadnezzar started his reign in 605 and the 18th year of his reign is 586/587 the destruction of the temple.Jehovah means ruin or mischief,calamity,perversion and wickedness. You haven't broken free from anything

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

There doesn't seem to be much here to indicate that your god is any less mythological than the gods of ancient Egypt. To many, it seems the lord doesn't so much work in mysterious ways, as in ways entirely consistent and indistinguishable from something that doesn't exist. To remove your god from the realms of mythology, it is still all in front of you.

The claim that your anecdotes must be true because they are verified by either yourself, or your religion neither of whom lie, doesn't quite cut it. It is also simply another claim that may, or may not, be so. One that is in many ways irrelevant to the possible truth, or otherwise, of the claim itself. There can be many other reasons for people being wrong, that don't necessitate lying.

While you might be telling the truth, it therefore doesn't seem unreasonable to also hold open the strong possibility that you are either mistaken, less than honest, or are quite delusional and possibly also promoting the mistakes, exaggerations and delusions of others. In lieu of genuine substantiation of your claims.

This thread seems to prove your firm belief in this subject, not much else. Fair enough. Though as much of this thread also seems an exercise in proselytising, it might also be worth pointing out that many who are intimately familiar with this organisation don't hold it to such a position of sanctity.

www.jehovahswitnessblog.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Thank you for your opinion.

I would recommned you start at this website for accurate and true information on Jehovah's Witnesses:

www.jw.org...

See also my signature.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Thank you for your opinion as well. We are right in our understanding. But it is okay if you don't believe it. For further information please see the link I stated above. There are some very through articles printed there on proving the date of 607 B. C. E. as being accurate. I'm sorry you have been mislead otherwise.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I am sorry, but all that is useless. Why didn´t you study the creation texts of other religions? Maybe you shouldn´t even look in the bible for the answer? What about the quran? What about ANY other creation myth?

I respect your research, but I do not see the point in it.

Plus, let us assume that you are right. What purpose is there to put a name on god? Does that change him or his attributes in some way?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by SubAce

I am sorry, but all that is useless. Why didn´t you study the creation texts of other religions? Maybe you shouldn´t even look in the bible for the answer? What about the quran? What about ANY other creation myth?

I respect your research, but I do not see the point in it.

Plus, let us assume that you are right. What purpose is there to put a name on god? Does that change him or his attributes in some way?

I have to respectfully reply that you really don't know what I have studied. It is perhaps a lot more exhaustive than you imagine.

And as for God giving himself a name. Well, everyone else has a name. It seems logical that God would give himself one too.

In fact if you even look up at the stars at night, mankind has named all the stars you can see. The first thing a person does when they have a child is give him/her a name. What is the first thing you do when you meet someone? Exchange names (if you are normal).

If you have a friend, you can be guaranteed 100% that you know that friend has a name and you know what that name is.

In fact if you have a pet, there is almost a 100% probability that you have given that pet a name too.

Most people give names to their dolls and there teddy bears etc. as well.

In fact we have names for everything we come across. Having names and naming people and knowing names of people we know and love and are our friends is so intrinsic a part of human life that the question about asking why would God need a name kind of silly.

If he wants to give himself a name and reveal it to us, I really don't think there is a need to question him why he would do that.

Actually to become God's friend you would have to get to know him. Now can you really call yourself a friend of someone if you don't even know their name?

Really you can't. Even false deities have names. So if man can give names to their imaginary gods why would you wonder about the true God having a real name?

That Jehovah has given himself that name and revealed it in the Bible tells us that he is a real person and we can get to know him. Moreover when we pray to Jehovah by his name in prayer we are dignifying that knowledge and respect in him.

Jesus said in his model prayer: "Our Father who is in heaven, let your name be sanctified." It was the very first and most important thing to Jesus Christ, the making known and the making holy the name of his Father.

Jehovah says this about his name:'

(Isaiah 42:8) . . .I am Jehovah. That is my name; and to no one else shall I give my own glory, neither my praise to graven images.

Actually the name of Jehovah is used over 7,000 in the original languages the Bible was written in, by far more than any other personal name in the Bible. And Jehovah did not try to hide his name and he obviously says he wants it made known:

(Psalm 83:18) 18 That people may know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

The name Jehovah comes from the Hebrew verb hawah which means in English "to cause" or become, and his name literally mean, "He who causes to become." That is, Jehovah, the true God, can become whomever he needs to be to accomplish his will. Whether that is a Creator, or a Destroyer, or a Grand Instructor, or a Savior. Jehovah can become whatever he needs to so that his good will is accomplished. There is no one and nothing that can prevent him or stop him from doing what he desires or wishes. For, you see, he is the true God, and that is what his name means.

To know God is to know his name. How can a person draw close to someone when they cannot even call that person by name?

Just as Jehovah told his witnesses whom he was to raise up for himself about his name:

(Isaiah 43:10, 11) . . .0 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

The watchtower is the only one that believes in 607. You only quote from them.The neo babylonian empire started in 626 and end in 539. If you add all the kings reign from Nabonidus (end 539) going back to Nebuchadnezzar you come to 605/604 then add his father nabopolassar's reign comes 625/626. Simple math

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

To know God is to know his name. How can a person draw close to someone when they cannot even call that person by name?

How can a person drink water without knowing the word for water?

Will reading that word on a piece of paper quench your thirst?

edit on 17-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

How can a person drink water without knowing the word for water?

Will reading that word on a piece of paper quench your thirst?

edit on 17-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Your question reminds me of the following questions posed about knowing God's name:

(Romans 10:13-15) . . .For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? . . .

It is true how can you draw on someone or something you do not know. Someone has to be sent to you to teach you it in order to satisfy that desire.

Speaking of water, the Bible does use water to symbolize truth. And when Jesus was on earth he did offer water of which if you drank you would never thirst again:

(John 4:13, 14) . . .Jesus said to her: “Everyone drinking from this water will get thirsty again. 14 Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.”

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
reply to post by SubAce

The watchtower is the only one that believes in 607. You only quote from them.The neo babylonian empire started in 626 and end in 539. If you add all the kings reign from Nabonidus (end 539) going back to Nebuchadnezzar you come to 605/604 then add his father nabopolassar's reign comes 625/626. Simple math

Actually that is not accurate. I do not only quote from the Watchtower. Nevertheless this thread is not discussing 607. If you wish open another thread and I'd be happy to talk about it there, or IM me. I have done exaustive studies on the matter a couple decades ago and still have it lying around somewhere. I'd be happy to share what I and several others have found. Again, your understanding is faulty and there is factual proof to show that you are wrong. But again, that is not the subject of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join