It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Earth… but not as we know it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Life on Earth… but not as we know it

www.guardian.co.uk

Never mind aliens in outer space. Some scientists believe we may be sharing the planet with 'weird' lifeforms that are so different from our own they're invisible to us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Interesting article about possible invisible lifeforms that are that have a very different biology than "standard" life on Earth. They call it the Shadow biosphere.

These researchers believe life may exist in more than one form on Earth: standard life – like ours – and "weird life", as they term the conjectured inhabitants of the shadow biosphere. "All the micro-organisms we have detected on Earth to date have had a biology like our own: proteins made up of a maximum of 20 amino acids and a DNA genetic code made out of only four chemical bases: adenine, cytosine, guanine and thymine," says Cleland. "Yet there are up to 100 amino acids in nature and at least a dozen bases. These could easily have combined in the remote past to create lifeforms with a very different biochemistry to our own. More to the point, some may still exist in corners of the planet."

Maybe there is some truth to the possible existence of ghosts, demons, angels, other mythical beings that are claimed to exist by some but rejected by most? No doubt some religions, conspiracy theorists, and paranormal investigators, among others, will seize upon this as evidence that their ideas are not so far fetched.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-4-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I believe that this may be true.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I b'lieve this happens to be at the very top of the "Hot Topics" in the New Topics section.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Stargate episode where they bring a machine back from another planet that is emitting a form of radiation that makes them see bugs that are native to Earth, but out of phase so they can't normally be seen.
edit on 14/4/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

It seems that alot of ideas that were previously considered kooky are now gaining scientific approval. Such studies are important in the direction of human mind evolution and the inter-connectedness of a great many things. The invisible world around us all probably affects us in ways not yet imagined, however despite of this a great many will continue to scoff at such magical notions of worlds within worlds. Perhaps the invisible world is where the 'mind' goes after we die in this one.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Well this isn't approving anything, it's conjecture.

We're allowed to speculate, even as scientists, and not have it taken as evidence or proof of something.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The term 'energyzoa' has been used to help identify and classify some of the strange things going on. www.tarrdaniel.com... .

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

It seems that alot of ideas that were previously considered kooky are now gaining scientific approval. Such studies are important in the direction of human mind evolution and the inter-connectedness of a great many things. The invisible world around us all probably affects us in ways not yet imagined, however despite of this a great many will continue to scoff at such magical notions of worlds within worlds. Perhaps the invisible world is where the 'mind' goes after we die in this one.

"important in the direction of human mind evolution " Important to the appearance of the anti-Christ described in Revelation too.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
From yesterday...

Shadow Biosphere’ theory gaining scientific support
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And while reading that thread, donr get caught up with the faulty logic:
- Lighthouses exists, so therefore
- that is evidence for Light sabers.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
All those decades I would hear the words psuedo science echoed throughout my debates......

......i would always counter with, "You'll see, science will catch up one day and start to seriously investigate the invisible realms."

I feel the beginning of redemption coming, and it feels good.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies.

reply to post by alfa1

Thank you for highlighting this topic's companion thread in the forum Fragile Earth. I should have included it in the OP. Maybe a mod could do that for me, since my edit window has closed?

edit on 15-4-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Wonderful find! S&F

I've actually heard about this theory some years ago, I'll see if I can find the link.
Personally, I am all for it and I also think that many of my own sightings and experiences fits the profile.

Great stuff!

---------------

Alright, so I couldn't find the origial link I was thinking of but Google wasn't short of material anyhow.

I can't believe it took "science" so long to verify that there is more than meets the eye. Many of us has been convinced of this for ages!
Newtonians are such a slow breed

edit on 15-4-2013 by Raud because: just add

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
First of all, lets just clarify something. These lifeforms that are being suggested are not "invisible" or out of phase. They are merely potentially forms of life, which do not conform to our narrow veiws on what constitutes life, what it can be made from, and how it must behave.

We are not getting to the point where we have to look through a dimension fracturing microscope, or a phase converter of some sort, in order to locate these things. As the article points out, these lifeforms may be made out of amino acid chains linked together in a different way to the way we expect from thus far understood terran biology, but they are not made of darkmatter/energy, existant in other dimensions, or part of the bloody spirit realm.

Heads screwed on TIGHT here people, otherwise its going to get messy in this thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

We are not getting to the point where we have to look through a dimension fracturing microscope, or a phase converter of some sort, in order to locate these things.

WHen will we get to that point. Because I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money that when we finally do"look through a dimension fracturing microscope, or a phase converter of some sort" .....we will find all sorts of beings existing that are conscious and have the ability to communicate.

As the article points out, these lifeforms may be made out of amino acid chains linked together in a different way to the way we expect from thus far understood terran biology, but they are not made of darkmatter/energy, existant in other dimensions, or part of the bloody spirit realm.

well they should start looking for Beings made of "darkmatter/energy, existant in other dimensions, or part of the bloody spirit realm. " Cause I'm willing to bet the house they'll find all sorts.

Soon as the Fundies in sciences die off and we get new blood who is willing to investigate into what is deemed, "psuedo/taboo", is when they finally will find exactly what I'm betting on.

Baby steps friends, baby steps.....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My guess is that it is connected to other alien life therefore the information is also being suppressed like many other things by our gubberment.

It is probably a key piece to discovering other life that they don't want discovered yet and ruin their gravy train.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I always think of those cylinder or cigar shaped things that can only be seen with certain filtered lenses as was found by a journalist some years back if I recall correctly. Or the things we see right outside of our outer atmosphere or around the ISS in space. Could very well be such entities. Or NOT. It's good to be open to the possibility.

Let's face it. "Pseudo science" is what brought us to the forefront of practical and proper scientific standards today. It just has to be done in a very measured and cautious way so as not to become too fringe that it loses any merit for acceptable thought or theory.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting article...I used to think there were different lifeforms living among us, but we were separated by the way we sense things. Maybe there are objects we cannot touch, see, smell, or hear because they're of another layer on Earth. They might not see us either, and see Earth as another, different world.

(post by bigsun11 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join