It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What your High School Student is being told about N.K, Do you know? My story~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now I have to state this first, I am not a war monger or Axis & Ally wannabe individual who goes into threads stating the same rhetorical answers that seem to be rampant on these forum boards as of lately. I do however keep an open mind and want to see all sides to a coin as sometime it feels like coins can be 6 sided even though at face value 2 are only seen.

That being said, my sister who is a teacher (My cousin's comment will be below you need the full story first.) stated that she had a student walk into class balling her eyes out stating "I DON"T WANT TO BE BOMBED BY N.K"

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This story takes me back to 9/11/2001
I was in second or third grade and at school during the incident. The teachers told us nothing but many of them could be seen crying or choking back tears and no one knew what was going on. I didn't learn about what happened until my dad got home from work that night and explained it to me in simple terms.
Looking back on it I'm glad they didn't tell us what happened because I don't think anyone that age would understand it.

Now there is a big difference between grade school and highschool, but they should still employ the same principles on this topic. Telling a room full of students that North Korea might actually pose a threat would be a bad idea IMHO. But telling them that their a backward country compare able to hati or somewhere else is just plain dumb.
It's like telling them The civil war was fought to end slavery (wait.. They do tell them that)

My 2cents

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just give you props for having the guts to go on that mindless web site called facebook to retrieve that quote. I cringe at the mindlessness of the people on that site

The truth of the matter is. NK only has enough gas and oil to fight for 3 days. Any war will be a blitz from the NK, then turn to a Vietnam type gorilla war. These types of wars are the achilles heels of America. if war breaks out, its not going to be a short one.

As to getting a nuke over to the state. i doubt it will happen. But thats what the guys said before December 7 1941 about torpedoes in a certain harbor .
edit on 9-4-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I see teachers & the teaching curriculum as insulating our children from the facts of history and life.

Just in my own little neck of the woods schooling, our High School combined the Social Studies and History classes. We literally had two teachers at all times. One was left leaning & the other right leaning, but were friends nonetheless. They were demanding as hell, but also presented a very interesting class that was quite fun as well.

They would make us ask questions and then would make us answer those questions while encouraging us along.

Nowadays, it seems as if they teach by rote. And do not demand anything of the students.

Has there been a follow up from your cousin?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I texted her stating that if she wanted to grill her teacher I would be happy to help source better information. But then again I'm kinda leary as I don't want to incite more fear that is now trickling down the generational pipeline. I also don't want her to get suspended or detention for having a free mind......

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I just give you props for having the guts to go on that mindless web site called facebook to retrieve that quote. I cringe at the mindlessness of the people on that site

Yet you're still on this site and the internet in general.
Stupidity reigns supreme on the interwebz.

I really don't think calling NK a third world country is that big of a lie.(yeah saying 4th world is dumb) They definitely aren't on the same level as us.
And they don't have missiles/bombs capable of reaching the US. That part isn't a total lie.

Do you actually believe NK poses a real threat to the US?? You think they're equals to us?

This story just sounds like a teacher simplified what she knew about NK. Not some grand conspiracy, or big lie to cover up the truth.
edit on 9-4-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Facebook is very mindless, but doesn't make a person stupid for being on it as I only keep close friends and family that site.

Heck you can't change the world but you can delve into the devil's den to stir the pot, no harm no foul imho~

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Yet you're still on this site and the internet in general.
Stupidity reigns supreme on the interwebz.

]

Don’t know if that was a dig onto ATS and that it only harbors stupid people in your eyes?

Yes, the internet is a wealth of information but also a wealth of Non sense.

With that said, there are reason to be concerned with what’s going on, but sharing it with a classroom, scaring kids with no facts or knowledge of their true capabilities is irresponsible.

join