It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Nuclear Submarine Fires Ballistic Missile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
When would Russia ever go to war with the U.S.?
Its not going to happen so the need for them to be so hype about developing a missile to try and counter the missile shield is mostly because of ego IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
When would Russia ever go to war with the U.S.?
Its not going to happen so the need for them to be so hype about developing a missile to try and counter the missile shield is mostly because of ego IMO.

Not at all. To ensure peace you must prepare for war. Does America build nukes because we plan to nuke Russia? Of course not- we build them so that it would be madness to take a conflict to that level with us. Russia's motive is the same.

All one must do is have a look at the wars of the last 60 years- the vast majority of them were fought as the result of an impasse between mis-matched nations. Evenly matched nations are far more likely to resolve their differences at the bargaining table, or simply to back down from one another.

Trouble in Korea- we fight. The Chinese jump in, but we don't escalate, and eventually we agree to a truce.
Trouble in Vietnam- we fight. The Chinese and Russians meddle a bit, but we don't escalate.
Grenada- we fight.
Iraq- we fight.

North Korea/China again- thanks but no thanks.

The Russians see this and they understand it. They know that as long as they keep a credible deterrent, they will never have to fight America, almost regardless of how high tensions may rise.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rotwang
The Russians test their weapons for two basic reasons, first to demonstrate that their technologies are not defecient and secondly, to remind the Americans of their mortality.

yes.... that why they test their stuff...i feel kinda stupid but... what is a Ballistic Missile??? im so pround... i though that we kinda fell back... i thought that we werent in any condition to do anyhting.... HAHAHA.... but we have the sweet sweet MiG-I-44
we have... uh... that thing... people think that its our area 51... and we have .... Suchoj T-50... and we have vodka

<< 1   >>

join