It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Any chance these explosions in Boston are North Korean "terrorists"? The day lines up. Other than that I have nothing. Just thinking out loud. Didnt NK just have a marathon of their own over the weekend?

edit to add - It could have just as easily been some nut job who doesnt want to pay taxes. Today being "Tax Day" in America and all. Not to mention it being Boston. Sight of the Boston Tea Party.
edit on 15-4-2013 by underduck because: new reasoning

edit on 15-4-2013 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

yep today they are 17 hours ahead of US time here it is the 15th there it is the 16th just found this Japan official says it has right to make preemptive strike on DPRK english.chosun.com... from the link

Japan Claims Right to Pre-Emptive Strike on N.Korea

Former Japanese defense minister Shigeru Ishiba, who is considered a likely prime minister, on Sunday said Tokyo should have the ability to deliver a preemptive strike against its enemies.

The comments came amid mounting threats of a missile launch by North Korea and resurgent Chauvinist sentiment in Japan.

Ishiba, the second-highest-ranking member of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, said in a TV interview that preemptive strikes against enemy bases in order to prevent ballistic missile attacks "legally constitute self-defense."

Under its pacifist post-war constitution, Japan is prohibited from launching a first strike against its enemies and is allowed to retain a military only for self-defense.

Japan does not have any long-range missiles that can deliver a preemptive strike. But Ishiba said, "It would be too late to come up with a response after North Korea fired its missiles and tens of thousands of people have died."

On Saturday, he also said that since North Korea has threatened Japan with a missile attack, Tokyo would be allowed to defend itself by striking first.

Ishiba's stance is shared by a growing number of Japanese politicians who feel their country must develop a long-range cruise missile capable of attacking North Korean missile bases. Ishiba said steps to revise the constitution are aimed at giving Tokyo the ability to launch a preemptive strike and the right to wage war against its enemies.

North Korea has threatened to attack Aomori Prefecture, Misawa city and Okinawa, which house U.S. military bases, warning that the "sparks of war" would hit Japan first.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday that North Korea's belligerence is boosting support for Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's plans to bolster Japan's military power.

Takehito Yamamoto at Waseda University said North Korea's threats have "severely weakened" repulsion felt by Japanese about bolstering their military.
Read this article in Korean
[email protected] / Apr. 15, 2013 11:17 KST
little Un must be hopping mad about now China not behind him, Japan say we have right to first strike, US say give up nukes we will talk.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
here is the Yonhap news link for the fuss english.yonhapnews.co.kr... form the link

2013/04/16 02:16 KST
text size plustext size minusprintsend twittersend facebooksend msn
In 'ultimatum,' N. Korea urges Seoul to apologize for 'all hostile acts'
SEOUL, April 16 (Yonhap) -- North Korea's military on Tuesday issued what it called an "ultimatum" calling for South Korea to offer an apology for "anti-North" activities, according to the communist nation's media.

"The supreme command of the Korean People's Army Tuesday issued an ultimatum to the South Korean puppet group," Pyongyang's official news agency, KCNA, said in an English-version article.
I have to find this in KCNA

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
2 explosions at the Boston Marathon.

www.wcvb.com...

Half dozen injured, some lost limbs. Could this be related to that "military action immediately?" I sure hope not or...

I hope those injured are ok.
edit on 15-4-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

Condolences to the victims families and the injured, and may they be healed.

Let us not be too quick to jump conclusions.

If it had been NK's act, it would only be an attempt to FRIGHTEN the american people into cowering for submission. That's the purpose of terrorism - kill the few to make the many submit in fear of more attacks.

Such tactics had been proven failure time and time again, because those attacks can only harm a few, and not the many, not all. Whoever remains alive will mourn the dead, but will be galvanised into action to demand the heads of the killers in retaliation.

It need not be NK doing it, and could be any insane local group, or perhaps a jealous or spurned would be runner rejected for his application to join this run.

There will be time enough for INVESTIGATIONS and actions later, as NK is still geographically there if found to be the culprits, but all means, time and effort NOW must be focused upon treating the injured and restore calm, and not let the fearful create more panic and mayhem.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Let us not be too quick to jump conclusions.

I'm not. Just seems like a coincidence that that tweet was sent out around the same time. It could have been related, not necessarily with NK, but an agitator trying to start something.

But agreed no need to jump to conclusions just focus with the aftermath and pray those injured are ok.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

If it had been NK's act, it would only be an attempt to FRIGHTEN the american people into cowering for submission. That's the purpose of terrorism - kill the few to make the many submit in fear of more attacks.

They don't know Americans well then, just tends to tick us off and engage in nation building....

If NK is shown to behind it, so help them, as even the looming China involvement won't prevent a shock and awe strike.

As far as terrorist attacks go though, so far, this seems pretty mild, as far as scale. (though tell it to someone with a blown off limb)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I believe there are three casualties.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree but we have Obama not bush in office , if anything Un will get slap on hand, not shock and awe if this bombing is linked to Un.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Seeker,

I understand you but before I start typing a post like a maniac leaving the webster dictionary for you to read, I'd just like to point out a few things that you may or may not agree with but that give a different perspective to things.

1. Sovereignty. Why all of a sudden impose sanctions that are themselves an act of war and a frontal attack and insult to a country's sovereignty? I have absolutely no right what so ever to tell you what may or may not be done in or to the US when I'm not an american. See that asshole on cnn - that brit, talking about everything and nothing, from gun control to whatever its on his mind of what goes on in the US? I dont care if hes wrong or right. I find it offensive, and I'm not american, to have a brit (and I have nothing against brits) having an official statement or commentary on a stance or policy on a country that isnt HIS.

2. Moral ground. The US and Nuclear Weapons. Well... tell me, If I own a gun, and I tell you you shouldnt or you can't own a gun, wheres my moral ground to tell you such a thing since I own one? You dont recognize in me the authority to tell you such a thing. As long as one nation has one nuclear weapon, any other nation on earth, be it good or bad, communist or "capitalist", black or white, christian or muslim, to attack or to defend, has the right to pursue such technology. Either you remove every nuclear weapon from the face of the planet, and then anyone that dares have one, you have the moral ground to do everything to disarm them, or everyone can have them. This turns especially ridiculous when its one of the two biggest nuclear arsenals of the planet telling one nation that they cant have ONE bomb.

3. Conscience of who you're dealing with. NK is a very closed society, in some cases its like they're frozen in time. They have to be slowly brought into our days through intelligent talks and calm and secure behaviour, show them that you actually mean no harm and that your feeling is genuine. Its like dealing with a wild animal. You dont go in yelling with a sharp pointy stick provoking the animal an anxiety attack, yea he'll probably fight back and even if he's not aggressive he'll try to rip your head off and even if hes 20 inches tall he'll die trying. This is the 21st century, we went through two world wars the last century alone, we should be better than this when when dealing with sensitive situations - Its not really about whos right or wrong, what NK can or cannot do, if the US can or cannot eliminate nk from the face of the planet. Its about what we've learned over 10.000 years, which seems to be, well... nothing. We keep repeating the same mistakes, over and over again.

I'm not a "make peace not war" kinda guy, sometimes war its all thats left - should be a last resort tho. I've got a strong military background and I love guns and all kinds of weapons and your might say "oh but thats a contradiction if I ever saw one", but I believe that some situations should be given the opportunity to be handled better - and sometimes let me tell you, we went in and out and never fired a shot, and I'm not including recons. And this Korea issue has been handled so badly that I believe war is unavoidable at this time and it's not all NK's fault. I actually believe theres a strong 50-50 here.
edit on 15-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Boston live link boston.cbslocal.com... 2 dead 22 injured, if this linked to Un we better act and act hard or on any one or nation that is behind this.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The more I think about this the less likely it is North Korea at all. Just doesnt make much sense. Totally out of character.

If I were a betting man I would put money on a domestic fringe nutjob Tea Party member. Today is tax day and they choose the site of the Boston Tea Party.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree but we have Obama not bush in office , if anything Un will get slap on hand, not shock and awe if this bombing is linked to Un.

I'm no Obama fan, but I don't think he'd have much choice in it...

Of course, really, we have to see who shakes out as taking credit for it. Someone will, after all, it is a statement, so we need to know what someone is trying to say. This seems more like a homegrown popper than the work of international terrorists though...so far. The target just isn't right for an international group.

I'd put more on this being a false flag for a gun grab, than a frame up for NK. 10-1 some militia group is targeted for this, and this event used to push even more anti-gun legislation.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Where does a bombing coincide with gun grabbing? How could they relate a bombing to gun legislation? I"m just thinking out loud but to me "Common Sense" doesn't put these 2 together. I'm just speaking out loud.....

Is it the thought of this being a homegrown militia act that is helping you come to this conclusion?

Please advise.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

That's what I'm thinking. They would go bigger if it were them.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Yes, if a militia group is blamed, it isn't hard to see how they could connect this with gun legislation that would be said to be used to identify and disarm militia members, while the same legislation would simply further reduce legitimate gun owners' rights. It would have been hard pre 9/11 to imagine how plane hijackings would lead to laws that would strip freedoms too, but it didn't prevent the Patriot Act from passing.

The number of casualties is as yet not known, but the New York Post says emergency services told them "at least 12" people are dead with more than twice that number injured in the incident, with eye witnesses saying that runners and fans were seen covered in blood and with "limbs blown off".

By the way....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea I definately saw the logic in your post after my think tank turned on... God I hope your wrong Gaz or this is gonna get even scarier in the coming weeks...

My heart really goes out to the families and injured. Seriously who bombs a marathon,
This whole scenerio is stinking... I don't know if it's false flag or not. I can see this sprialing out of control fast.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thoughts and prayers to all involved in this horrible tragedy, 3rd explosion!!! JFK library live news from Boston Officials speaking, GOV office. to be back on topic here is the DPRK statement to SK www.kcna.kp...

KPA Supreme Command Sends Ultimatum to S. Korean Puppet Forces

[Article List]
[Video]
[Photo]
[Music]
[Larger Font]
[Smaller Font]
[Expand]

Korean / English / Chinese / Spanish / Japanese
Pyongyang, April 16 (KCNA) -- The supreme command of the Korean People's Army issued the following ultimatum to the south Korean puppet forces on Tuesday:
The world is in a festive mood on the auspicious Day of the Sun.
Even though an acute situation is prevailing in the DPRK, all the people are celebrating the Day of the Sun as the greatest national holiday.
It is only the south Korean puppet forces who hurled a group of anti-communist gangsters into a rally against the DPRK in the heart of Seoul in broad daylight at which they set fire to the portraits, the symbols of its supreme dignity, the thrice-cursed crime.
All the service personnel and people of the DPRK are simmering with towering resentment at this monstrous criminal act.
In view of this situation the Supreme Command of the KPA sends the following ultimatum to the south Korean puppet forces:
Our retaliatory action will start without any notice from now as such thrice-cursed criminal act of hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK is being openly committed in the heart of Seoul under the patronage of the puppet authorities.
To be included in the targets of retaliation are those directly or indirectly involved in the operation to hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK and those who instigated the perpetrators and connived their crime and the relevant organs and departments of the authorities involved.
The DPRK's revolutionary armed forces will start immediately their just military actions to show how the service personnel and people of the DPRK value and protect the dignity of the supreme leadership.
The military demonstration of the DPRK's revolutionary armed forces will be powerful sledge-hammer blows at all hostile forces hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK.
3. If the puppet authorities truly want dialogue and negotiations, they should apologize for all anti-DPRK hostile acts, big and small, and show the compatriots their will to stop all these acts in practice. -0-
live link to news conference boston.cbslocal.com...
edit on 15-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

hm... I guess this conversation is over then.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
North Korean marathon confounds after a week of war talk

qz.com...#

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yeah ... exactly. Some will scream by design.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join