It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heartless Cop Tickets Homeless Navy Vet For Retrieving A Doughnut From A Garbage Can!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good decision Mod's, not appropriate for ATS at all, well deserved deleting

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

This whole thing makes me want to make a petition on Care2. Would you all sign it if I did???

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

Yeah it is a crime, you can't go through peoples trash cans. It's an invasion of privacy. I would of gave him a ticket too and gave him directions to the nearest humane shelter.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I disagree with this but if they guy was making a mess that is different ... I would like to add that today with "3 strikes" laws this guy could become a felon for eating out of the garbage can.....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Cops are here to protect and serve.

They protect themselves, their own interests and the interests of the corporations that invest in them.
Then they serve the public with trivial tickets and citations to keep us working for the money to pay them off....
This is our world. This is what it has become. I can't blame them. We allowed it to be this way. The only way to change it is to fight....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I doubt the cop knew that this man was homeless or a veteran. Also many people dig in people's trash for important documents that can be used for identity theft.

Just because you are homeless or a veteran it does not exempt you from the law.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
yours veterans fed russian children, the book: The History of the American Expedition Fighting the Bolsheviki: page 48 books.google.ru... &source=goggles-fcr thankful for what at home we feed pigs
edit on 16/3/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To protect and serve are the two furthest things from a cops mind. The police are nothing but a company looking to make money. They could care less about protecting anyone if money is not involved. The definitly do no serve the community by arresting real criminals. The worst crimes in the ghetto get barely any attention, yet if the crime takes place in a wealthy part of the city the mayor gives a speach. Money I tell you is what it is all about. The payoffs they get from the fed. The money they take from the rich in the form of tickets. And finally your tax money. Why on earth would we spend more on a cop car than on ambulances. Most cop cars now cost over 100,000 dollars, due to the upgrades made to them. That is your money they are upgrading with. What we need is cops walking the beat, not driving aroiund looking for people who can afford to pay a ticket. Do you notice how they never set up DUI check points in the poor areas of town, only the middle class and wealthy. In Columbus Ohio they have to publish the locations prior to having them. Look it up, not once in over ten years have the police set up a check point in a poor area or a housing project.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

WHY DIDN'T THE COP GIVE HIM A WARNING TICKET FIRST

JJJEEEESSSUUUSS

People are just nasty.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caterminator
reply to post by Toots

This whole thing makes me want to make a petition on Care2. Would you all sign it if I did???

I don't know what Care2 is.......so it would depend on WHAT the petition was for. The man already has the ACLU representing him for his court case.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio
To protect and serve are the two furthest things from a cops mind. The police are nothing but a company looking to make money. They could care less about protecting anyone if money is not involved. The definitly do no serve the community by arresting real criminals. The worst crimes in the ghetto get barely any attention, yet if the crime takes place in a wealthy part of the city the mayor gives a speach. Money I tell you is what it is all about. The payoffs they get from the fed. The money they take from the rich in the form of tickets. And finally your tax money.

Yeah, it's about the money....class warfare. A "legal" criminal enterprise! There's DUI checkpoint stings in my city, and they target an area surrounded by lots of high end hotels, as well as the borderline of a nearby city that is quite affluent. Out of 250 cars, they're almost guaranteed to ticket, impound or jail about one third for various offenses.

When I relocated many years ago, the first thing I noticed was the lack of real crime..... it just rarely gets reported by the press. Or it's very selectively reported, when it is.

But, back on topic, it's scary to think of how many statutes there are that are meant to oppress. Like feeding the poor and homeless. But if you're an illegal, or a generational welfare rat.....well hey, it's payday!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Toots

Yeah it is a crime, you can't go through peoples trash cans. It's an invasion of privacy. I would of gave him a ticket too and gave him directions to the nearest humane shelter.

Well, according to the newest laws, no one is entitled to privacy anymore! Directions to the nearest shelter? Sad! How about a ride if that was the best you could offer beyond a citation? Where I'm at, there's actually a system designed to give free bus rides to the nearest shelter. But many times, especially during the cold months, the shelters are full beyond capacity.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
real crimes go on but yet donut trash picking veterans who are starving must take a bullet for society.

what should have occured was the LEO should have demanded he drop the donut then took him out to breakfast and after gave him 20 bucks and a ride home with a list of soup kitchens.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
That's Disgusting,

There are good LEO out there AND there are bad ones too.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplereiki
I say, if a person is hungry and has no choice but to rummage through a bin to get some food, he/she should be allowed.
BUT, if the person leaves crap laying everywhere, then definately should be cited. If folks dont make a mess, there would not be complaints. I have seen folks rummaging and they leave stuff laying around even when they discovered nothing they wanted after their search.

What does a ticket do in this case. The Vet probably wouldn't go through the bin if he had money to buy food.

It would probably be better for everyone if the cop told him to clean up after him.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I doubt the cop knew that this man was homeless or a veteran. Also many people dig in people's trash for important documents that can be used for identity theft.

Just because you are homeless or a veteran it does not exempt you from the law.

Well, duh.....I use a paper shredder for sensitive documents. What you ought to be more concerned about is how the Fourth Amendment is almost obsolete! You DO know what that is, right? Or, how about the fact that almost any alphabet agency can now access ANY of your personal info, including private banking info.....without your knowledge? Or how about medical records being outsourced to foreign countries for the data bases TPTB are building?

Worried yet?

So, will you have exemption status when/if TPTB ever decide to violate your rights or privacy? Don't count on it!

edit on 17-3-2013 by Toots because: grammar correction

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Toots

He should of bought him a meal, least he wasn't bumming money for crack.
That cop is scum of the earth, stanking pig.

Oh heck! I just got it, the cop was mad because he wanted the Doughnut.

edit on 17-3-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
real crimes go on but yet donut trash picking veterans who are starving must take a bullet for society.

what should have occured was the LEO should have demanded he drop the donut then took him out to breakfast and after gave him 20 bucks and a ride home with a list of soup kitchens.

Yeah, the irony of "serving" your country only to be served with a citation later in life for trying to survive? But I do hope that with the publicity that this incident has generated, that this Vet was offered more than just representation in court by the ACLU.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?.........bad boys, bad boys!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
hundreds of years ago people were sent on ships to another country that was installed as a prison, for things like stealing a load of bread.

Today we incarcerate homeless people for taking rubbish.

And we call it progress...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
hundreds of years ago people were sent on ships to another country that was installed as a prison, for things like stealing a load of bread.

Today we incarcerate homeless people for taking rubbish.

And we call it progress...

Well, since we're such a "civilized" society, I guess imprisonment is more humane than how 3rd world countries deal with crimes such as stealing!

Here's some "food" for thought......

The USA is past the tipping point, so..........

What's to become of the 2 million+ prison population when TPTB decide to bust the bubble?

When fiat FRN's won't buy anything? EBT and other plastic cards stop working?

When trash is no longer collected .....will the streets be overrun with rats?

Hey, another thought just came to mind. Maybe, just maybe all those hollow points that the alphabet agencies have amassed are going to be used for .........RATS?

Yeah, that MUST be it. Gotta keep the streets SAFE.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join