It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting sighting of an object from Birmingham UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My apologies if this has been posted before however, it is a nicely researched and collated example of a sighting by more than one person. There were, as far as known, no known visual captures of the object in question so the photos contained in the article are there purely for reference. The object spotted seemed to be a small black sphere that hovered, apparently motionless, for some considerable length of time over a suburb of Birmingham during October 2012. Commensurate with the sighting a police helicopter was seen in the near vicinity and seemed to be "observing" the very same object,.

Birmingham IK UFO October 2012

The case is from last year however, it is pleasing to see that someone did take the effort to investigate as thoroughly as they could and that, the local airport did admit to having some rather strange traffic in their area. They claim the traffic was a "kite"...

On the evening of the 6th October a kite was reported as potentially being in the area to the North of the airfield and therefore, as a precaution, aircraft were temporarily arriving and departing from the South only. This was a very unusual occurrence and operations are now back to normal.

Now as they also later claimed the following. Due to the fact it was getting dark and foggy, the air space was shut down until the following morning....... Now foggy, means conditions of no wind at all, which rather begs the question how do you fly a kite with no wind and manage to keep said kits aloft in the same position for some 45 minutes? The investigator was also told by the Environmental Impact spokesperson that...

- The police helicopter did locate the object and confirmed that it was a kite just as the pilot had initially reported. - She did not know how this kite was removed after it had been found or any further details about it.

To hazard a guess, the most obvious candidate would be some sort of "military drone" however, that then begs the question of what it was doing interfering with civilian traffic over a residential area.? It does seem rather strange that some "secret" military drone would be flown over 1. A heavily populated area and held in position, in plain site, for so long and 2. It would be contradictory to just about every safety rule in the book that govern even military flights.

To my mind, a genuinely fascinating case that might well have some prosaic explanation and yet it does seem to raise far more questions than have so far been fully answered.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
With all the close-ups of mars anomalies, little dots just doesn't do it for me anymore.

Sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

An interesting post. Thanks for this for its the first ive heard about it. Quite obvious thats not a kite. Typical statement from an official source. If that was a kite police would have moved in on it and took it down. But seeing as the police helicopter was observing it. I would say that they did not know what it was!...A case unknown i guess. But what is it in that case?. Drone near an airport seems a no go to me. So maybe visiters

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Could be that the police had lost control of one of their own drones and are using a bit of a cover story to hide it all.

Their Mersey colleagues had already lost one around the same time see link below.

This story from the Guardian a day later

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

It's a possibility however , a drone that can hold its' position for 45 mins? That's a hell of a time, fuel wise, to be able to do that given it was apparently a pretty small object? I guess they could be using drones that derive some power from sunlight however, I do find it surprising they would expose it so publicly. by that I mean, if it had crashed in a populated area there would have been virtually no chance of a cover up, so it seems a huge risk to run with new tech?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Whats even stranger not one picture of the event in an area like that near an airport

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Great more immigrants...You would think by now the technologies in HD cameras we have we could get a good look at these things.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Hi,

having done some research about this particular possible case, i am still on the fence but i know someone in the cannock area which is just outside birmingham and this story is circulating up there a little, so if i hear anything new i will post on here.

Regards...

new topics

top topics

join