It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Coyote Tail [CLWC}

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have been a wily coyote for a very long time, well as long as I can remember anyway. I have suffered a lot of head trauma in my life so my memory is not so good anymore. I have often been accused of being accident prone but in my line of work injuries are to be expected.

You might wonder what it is that I do. I chase a road runner, a very fast road runner. I may have forgotten why I chase it, but I do. I do live in the southwest of the United States and there is not a whole lot of food to be had. I have never been successful in catching this road runner so I don’t even know what it might taste like. I have heard it tastes just like chicken, whatever that is.

I have been laughed at all of my life. Even when I fall off cliffs, or have anvils drop on my head I am laughed at. Thank God for the Acme Company and their low prices. I would not be able to keep up my
quest if I had to order stuff from Sears.

I saw a shrink for a while who wanted to put me on medication. He diagnosed me with Obsessive Compulsive Destruction Syndrome and he feared that it might lead to my destruction. I told him not to worry because God always resurrects me and draws the next chapter of my life.

You probably wonder if it hurts when I fall off cliffs or get crushed under heavy objects. The answer is only my pride gets hurt. Not even my ink gets smudged. At least a cloud of dust or smoke usually hides my appearance from others.

However there are days when I do despair and wonder why I have to always play the stupid one. The only thing I can think of is that the road runner must have connections. I mean, he even has a car named after him named the General Lee. Sadly, there is no coyote car.

Isn’t wily suppose to mean I should be cunning and skilled. So why does God mess with me so much. Am I in my own hell? What character was I in a previous cartoon? I have heard that if I am good and work hard that someday I may go to Disney Land and have a chance to chase around little mice and fat little pigs.

Until then I will keep chasing this road runner and keep wishing upon a star. They say it doesn’t make a difference who you are. I heard that from a little cricket just before I ate him. Hey, I am getting hungry out here. My stomach is growling, of course that could just be some bad ink.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

love it

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Thanks Helen. I always kind of felt sorry for Wily. I would even try to imagine a better way for him to get the road runner. Sometimes my own life has played out where no matter how hard I tried it always seemed to backfire!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I grew up with those guys
and scooby doo and tom and jerry

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yah, Wile E. Coyote will never catch that Meep meep bird. Most of the time he just thinks of innovative ways of comitting suicide...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thamks for digging up those clips, it felt like cartoon saturday all over again.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You too, huh?

Saturday mornings were the best...

As long as we stay young at heart we'll be alright. Thanks for your story.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

That was really good. I enjoyed the read my friend.

Thanks for sharing this little gem.

snf

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Wow! That was pure fun! You must have a great sense of humor...something that is rare in these days and times. It was just absolutely "cute" beyond measure.
Living in Boise I see. We almost moved there 2 yrs. ago. Went home to Yellowstone in Wyoming and decided to move back to good ole Louisiana. Hubby and I are more suited to the swamps I guess.
The wind/cold in Wyoming, we couldn't get used to.

We have those wily critters here too. Had 2 in my yard last year. We have some pretty woods areas here too.
Thanx for a very fun read! Enjoyed it immensely!!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Sadly, there is no coyote car.

FYI - There is a car named a Coyote.

Maybe driving one would help catch the road runner!

edit on 14-3-2013 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thanks and I am glad you enjoyed! I enjoy humor and I really enjoy playing with words, puns, changing song lyrics, oxymoron, etc. I have been writing a lot of poetry lately and I am really enjoying it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

That is one cool car! I am sure Wily would love to put his paw to the metal!

new topics

top topics

join