It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brazilian President : No taxes for Staple Food.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
This is the kind of stuff to expect from a president...... when unbiased. I read this info in spanish early morning and waited for a source in english, because "SOME PEOPLE" need to compare this example with the job they are doing in their country.

Brazil is cutting all federal taxes on staple foods in a bid to tame inflation, after a report showed yesterday consumer prices rose more than analysts forecast for an eighth straight month.

A weaker currency, record low borrowing costs and $23 billion in tax cuts failed to kick-start the economy last year. Instead, the measures helped fuel inflation that is running faster than in Mexico, Colombia or Chile and approaching the 6.5 percent upper limit of the central bank’s target range.

Eliminating the 9.25 percent PIS/Cofins taxes on staple foodstuffs will both rein in prices and stimulate the economy as Brazilians improve their ability to save and consume, President Dilma Rousseff said. The measure will reduce tax revenue by 7.3 billion reais annually.

“At no time has there been a lack of care for the control of inflation, because economic stability is fundamental for us,” Rousseff said in a televised address. “That’s also why we don’t stop looking for new ways to lower the cost of living for Brazilians.”

www.businessweek.com...

With the measure, according to the president, Brazilians will stop paying every year about 7,300 million reais (3,850 million dollars) in taxes.

Rich people don't like staple food, so.....right on target Dilma !

www.rpp.com.pe...
edit on 9-3-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh.

So, are you telling me that their president actually cares about her people, so much so, that she is working to try to make their day to day life easier in a bad economy?

Seems backwards compared to what our president does.
edit on 9-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Oh.

So, are you telling me that their president actually cares about his people, so much so, that he is working to try to make their day to day life easier in a bad economy?

Seems backwards compared to what our president does.
edit on 9-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

I don't eat bullets or missiles.

...By the way....is "Her", not "His".

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I corrected the gender error.

I think it's nice to see that a leader is actually trying to help the citizens for a change.

Maybe others can take a lesson from her.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Staple groceries are not taxed in the US. Sounds like this guy is way behind the curve to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Wake up, they've never been taxed in your lifetime here in the states!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Staple groceries are not taxed in the US. Sounds like this guy is way behind the curve to me.

They were in Brazil, this lady was the first to take a corrective action. Brazilians can't say their votes were wasted.

Meanwhile, my check here can buy less and less, everytime I go for groceries. For years, I didn't see someone stopping that.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
reply to post by daryllyn

Wake up, they've never been taxed in your lifetime here in the states!!!

That's right, here taxes are taken straight from your paycheck.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

I wasn't aware of that. I guess I need to pay more attention to my grocery bill.

Learn something new everyday, right?

Even is she was 'behind' the curve, it is still a step in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Even is she was 'behind' the curve, it is still a step in the right direction.

Exactly. That's the whole point of this. See the leaders improving the life of their people. Here, another example from the same country :

The city of Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) is launching an electric taxi program, through a partnership between the Rio de Janeiro City Government, Nissan do Brasil Automóveis (NBA) and Petrobras Distribuidora.

www.greencarcongress.com...

www.rpp.com.pe...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah, what a marvelous president lol

It's obviously a populist measure to try to contain the crysis on a country that's falling appart. She just want to give somethig insignificant to the people, and with that be reelected to steal more money.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Don't post things about a country that you don't live in. There are only a few of those cabs, for tourists to see. Mostly by Nissan initiave. Electris cars are overtaxed in Brazil ( the goverment do not want them, because of petrbras and etanol). A Prius in Brazil cost the equivalent of 65 000 dollars.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by Trueman

She just want to give somethig insignificant to the people.

Food on the table is not insignificant.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Live with your lies if you want. Maybe you should buy a ticket to Brazil and see how it really is with your eyes.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Don't post things about a country that you don't live in.

We all are in the same planet, search on google earth in you don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Live with your lies if you want. Maybe you should buy a ticket to Brazil and see how it really is with your eyes.

I wish I could buy you one.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Uour argument does not make any sense. Every country has one diferent government, and the Brazilian one of the most corrupt.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Really? You wish? I lived in Brazil for 4 months a year and I have family there.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Every country has one diferent government

One of the best posts I've seen on ATS.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah, I had to do that to counter your nonsense comment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join