It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(URGENT) N. Korea threatens preemptive nuclear strike against aggressors

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

Big deal...this is only the SIXTH time they've severed it...
(hotline)

They're going to need to do more than that for us to think they are actually serious....but they aren't.
They're posturing like always...

edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So that means the 1953 ceasefire is over?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes, but they've done that many times before too....look it up.

link   

Originally posted by mclinking
I think we're a long way off something happening there. As for the British, their traditional enemy has always been the French so they might do a pre-emptive strike against the French who stopped us from joining the Euro. Or it could be the other way round as the French have never accepted the fact that the British saved them from the Germans during WWII.

Wow, your presence here on ATS is highly valuable to the masses!

edit on 8-3-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by tony9802

So that means the 1953 ceasefire is over?

edit on 8-3-2013 by lifespath420 because: answered already

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gaz, seems like your playing cool Joe with the this thread, I undoubtably can see why. I would ask why you think your mockery of N.K's past transgretions is any different than the way the American Gov't has been treating them?

Don't get me wrong and sabre rattling aside, is there any difference? No your not the Gov't and no i'm not N.K. but this is the type of behavior that starts wars in the first place.

Sabre rattling or not a game is heating up and someone is bound to pull the trigger.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclinking
As for the British, their traditional enemy has always been the French so they might do a pre-emptive strike against the French who stopped us from joining the Euro. Or it could be the other way round as the French have never accepted the fact that the British saved them from the Germans during WWII.

lol what? If you're serious about this... man... take your meds please.

If it was just trolling then... yea nice joke

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The funny part is...most people of the current generation have NO idea why Iran hates us... To be honest, they have good reason to hate us...we completely turned our backs on them (though at the time, seemingly with good reason). Originally, we were in bed with the Shah (leader of Iran) due to the oil, basically, the same kind of leader as Saddam. But, when he was ousted, we changed horses, and backed Saddam in Iraq...because the one who now lead Iran was the radical Khomeini. After the war between them, we pretty much washed our hands of both of them.

That's of course, a much more simplified version of events, but this was all in the 70's and 80's, so before many posters' time. Look it up for more details.

Kind of gets away from the whole NK issue though, as this is a much different situation... Same trigger (telling a nation it can't have nukes), but different rules when the only other world superpower has an interest in the game.

European powers like france and the uk are almost as guilty as the USA because they are too chicken # to do anything themselves and relly on USA(the father of NATO) to do it for them. It is "simply" 20th and 21st century imperialism continuing the imperalism of old. BUT now that nukes have been in existance as MAD(mutually assured destruction) the stakes are simply too high to continue down this road and could very well lead to utter annihilation of the human race. It is not something to be taken lightly of at all!

As for iran and iraq I remember the iran contra affair and the weasel oliver north declaring "national security" reasons for not divulging WHY USA was officially supporting iraq(saddam) while simultaneously and covertly helping iran(khomeni). The reason was USA wanted both to be very weak so as to not be a threat for saudi arabia and israel.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

To all NK thread authors - It was getting a bit out of hand with all of the different threads going on, so needed to close many. I based keeping this one open, on being one of the earliest, and having the most pages of posts directly related to the most recent happenings with the topic. My apologies to the other authors for the needed closings, but many members stated it was getting a bit much. I've applauded each author of a closed thread, and though closed, they remain available to read for comments. This was done only out of interest of being best for the board. If you have any issue, please U2U me, and I will be happy to read it. Thank you.

Thank you Gazrok for limiting the threads. Indeed it was getting way out of hand. I had to reply and keep track of something like four threads at once. I was becoming dizzy!

edit on 8/3/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Somebody in the other closed thread made reference to my statement and used an analogy about the terrorists at the trade center.

My statement still stands as the respondants analogy is flawed in that WE WERE attacked (aka: "the button") and we did respond to Afghanistan and Iraq (aka: "turning them to a nice sandy glassy beach") in kind.

If NK pushes the button, many countries would respond, and it wouldnt be just to give them a call and ask for forgiveness for making NK push that button. It would be devestating to NK the wrath they would bring upon their country as a whole.

Fact is, just like in responce to attacking the World Trade towers, it ended up killing over 100,000 Afghanistan and Iraqi citizens. Collateral damage some would call it. But inevitable to say the least.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Gaz, seems like your playing cool Joe with the this thread, I undoubtably can see why. I would ask why you think your mockery of N.K's past transgretions is any different than the way the American Gov't has been treating them?

Don't get me wrong and sabre rattling aside, is there any difference? No your not the Gov't and no i'm not N.K. but this is the type of behavior that starts wars in the first place.

Sabre rattling or not a game is heating up and someone is bound to pull the trigger.

A very valid question. Here's the answer/s.

1) I don't believe NK has any intention of actually doing anything. They have cried wolf so many times, it is hard to take them seriously.

2) I don't believe China is going to save them this time, seeing as how they signed (vs. vetoed) the measure that started this latest round of sabre rattling.

3) I believe the US forces in the region are more than sufficient to deter and/or negate a NK missile launch or offensive.

4) If NK does attack first, it will be negated, and will then give the UN carte blanche to go in and completely remove him from power. (and I believe, crazy as he is, he fully knows this)

5) The American government treats his mockery the same way I do, for the same reasons. NK hasn't shown any evidence of carrying out the threats, nor capability to do so, so they don't take him seriously either. I'm surprised he hasn't promised "the mother of all battles" yet...deja vu....

It's about track record. Nothing he's done so far has been off script. Now, if he goes further, then there is some cause for concern...not really for us, but more for the political fallout of what then happens.

So yeah, I think there is enough history for me to play the role of "Joe Cool" so far....

My only real fear is a rogue element of the NK state doing a dirty bomb terrorist attack in the US. That is a far more real threat, but again, would have the same consequences as a NK first strike. Still, that wouldn't do much for whatever target is hit.

I really don't agree with nations telling other nations what they can and cannot do. However, this is a global economy, and it is what it is. You want to trade with others, you have to play by the rules decided by the big boys, simple as that. Is it fair? No...but who said life is fair?

The reason was USA wanted both to be very weak so as to not be a threat for saudi arabia and israel.

Someone's paying attention in history class...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Somebody in the other closed thread made reference to my statement and used an analogy about the terrorists at the trade center.

My statement still stands as the respondants analogy is flawed in that WE WERE attacked (aka: "the button") and we did respond to Afghanistan and Iraq (aka: "turning them to a nice sandy glassy beach") in kind.

If NK pushes the button, many countries would respond, and it wouldnt be just to give them a call and ask for forgiveness for making NK push that button. It would be devestating to NK the wrath they would bring upon their country as a whole.

Fact is, just like in responce to attacking the World Trade towers, it ended up killing over 100,000 Afghanistan and Iraqi citizens. Collateral damage some would call it. But inevitable to say the least.

I hate to burst your bubble but the events of 9-11-2001 were completly staged by the rogue government of america and there is plenty of proof. I don't want to take the thread off-topic so if you care to find out do so on your own please.

We simply INVADED two countries on pretenses; iraq and afghanistan. THEN we helped france and the uk bomb the crap out of libya, we are helping rebels overthrow the syrian government, we are placing choking sanction on iran and north korea.

The democrats and republicans are the rogue government installed dictatorially in the usa by not allowing third parties a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning. This is no #ing democracy man. The media is controlled by the same elitist pigs that control the UN! The same UN that is pushing to disarm american citizens of their god given rights to bear arms.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's about track record. Nothing he's done so far has been off script. Now, if he goes further, then there is some cause for concern...not really for us, but more for the political fallout of what then happens.

I definately understand, but lil Kim seems to be approching the threshold of no return. Nore do I mean any disrepect by stating the Joe Cool theme, I personally think it's a good way to be.

My only real fear is a rogue element of the NK state doing a dirty bomb terrorist attack in the US. That is a far more real threat, but again, would have the same consequences as a NK first strike. Still, that wouldn't do much for whatever target is hit.

I totally agree and with the sabre rattling of mini nuke's and everything else, it's hard for me to think of this situation as such. Your insite on there past is valuable to someone like me who doesn't know all of N.K's history minus the Korean War, I just haven't kept up on them that much so an event like this is very new for me.

On a side note this thread has been a bit crazy as an outsider looking in... As it feels like a mini game of Axis and Allies broke out via forum style, I started looking for my dice set.... Unlike gangnum style which we will never see lil kim do~

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

China is concerned enough about disruptions in the area to warrant a warning and suggesting allegience with the west, breaking a traditional tit for tat relationship.

So the Joe cool persona might be a little outdated.

Not saying that anything is going to happen, but it does seem this is the most tension thus far and as such sets a new benchmark.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Well, so far, he's gone just about as far as they've dared to go in the past...so he's at the line...

It's just a little nail-biting to see if he steps over it. I don't think he will, but he is a different person than his predecessors, so who knows.

At least you're getting to witness history in the making, either way.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just can't help myself, and at the expense of being sort of redundant, I just can't help myself, so I'll put it up for those unaware of Major Ed Dames; In "The Kill Shot," Ed Dames (Remote Viewing expert?) speaks about North Korea; It's interesting, you might want to watch a little bit; I think it's a good warning;

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The only way to end the crisis is to end the sanctions or at least restrict them to more common sense grounds. Yes the guy is wacky but he is also very young and needs the saber rattling to win him support domestically. Its really a lose-lose situation for everyone.

Also I admire china's stance for playing it neutral, but still things have been heating up unnecessarily. We have been stealing allies from russia and china for too long and the fog of war will persist until NATO starts backing down. "We"(the average person does NOT benefit anyway as they become corporate spoils) don't need a monopoly of special interests. NATO has influence in south america, north america, europe. Let others have their space. "WE" are creating the tensions, not north korea.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It's just a little nail-biting to see if he steps over it. I don't think he will, but he is a different person than his predecessors, so who knows.

Most definately, and the fact that he's the younger generation, who's to really say what his father molded his son into. This fact alone scares the bajesus outta me~

At least you're getting to witness history in the making, either way.

From a American Citizen standpoint not that I wish war upon my country, but maybe it's time for the waiting game to go into full throtle and help rattle the cages of the unbenounced American Citizens who are living a life of a smoke and mirrors.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Nothing quite so grand, but google on Ground-Based Midcourse Defense, for an idea. GMD for short, though I have no idea what THAT would return...

GMD is very hit or miss (literally). About half the tests have failed to intercept their targets for various reasons. Some of them due to failures of the kill vehicle to separate, one from the booster failing to launch, and at least one from the SBX system not working right. They non-intercept tests have gone beautifully.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join