It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Proof of Sequester Sham!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Don't believe the White House rhetoric. They have proven that actions speak louder than words.

Example

The impending sequester did not prevent the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) from acting in late February to seal a $50-million deal to purchase new uniforms for its agents--uniforms that will be partly manufactured in Mexico.

Soon after this new investment in TSA uniforms, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano warned Americans that the lines are already lengthening at airports due to the sequester

The TSA employs 50,000 security officers, inspectors, air marshals and managers. That means that the uniform contract will pay the equivalent of $1,000 per TSA employee over the course of the year.

This is not the first time VF Imagewear has been commissioned to make TSA uniforms. The company secured a $98 million contract in 2010 that expired on Feb. 17, 2013

cnsnews.com...

Don't forget about the additional $60 million to the Syrian Rebels just promised by Kerry or the $190 million he just pledged to Egypt's ruling Muslim Brotherhood.

Wait!! There's more!! Smoke and mirrors folks. Nothing to see here move on...

During the month of February--as President Barack Obama was warning Americans they would see dramatic effects in their lives if “sequestration” of some planned federal spending kicked in--the federal government’s debt climbed by $253.5 billion.

That one-month increase in the debt was nearly six times as much as the $44 billion in spending cuts the Congressional Budget Office estimates will take place in all of fiscal 2013 as a result of sequestration.

At the close of business on Jan. 31, 2013, the federal debt was $16,433,791,850,294.04, according to the U.S. Treasury. At the close of business on Feb. 28, 2013, the federal debt was $16,687,289,180,215.37. Thus, the federal debt increased $253,497,329,921.33 during the month

The key take away

Bottomline: In February alone, the government borrowed nearly 6 times as much as it intends to save with the sequester over the rest of the fiscal year.

cnsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Their spending is beyond out of control.

I'm not sure how anyone can justify what our government is doing. Kind of feels like we are running 100 mph into a concrete wall soon.

Somethings gotta give eventually.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
God I love how America is spending their money, Does that money even exist?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

Totally out of control. Makes me sick. When will we take back our country?

That's the thing who do we owe that money to? It doesn't exist it's just numbers being transferred in a computer. No gold is being exchanged. Hell we don't have anywhere near that money, not to mention with derivatives the real debt is closer to 85 trillion dollars. Nobody is coming to collect, instead they make laws so the countries we owe the money to can take our factories and destroy the middle class.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I had to laugh when I saw this one:

m.washingtontimes.com...

Feds keep hiring with
sequesters in place: 400 jobs
posted on first day back

All but the most drunk of the kool aid drinkers are even getting it. You should see the MSM headlines the past couple of days.

There is a feast, and Obama is the main dish! Even the NY Slimes is getting in on the digs. SNL, WaPo, you name it.

Obviously, MSNBC won't, but ever since Woodward came forward, the crying has only exponentially increased.

ETA oh and the artificially propped up by the government stock market just hit an all time high!

edit on 5-3-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
When things "give" youll see the results of all that spending of non existent money.....
I think the truth is simply put................
The USA has printed far more money than it can successfully back.......the only way froward is on credit...
Should the world find a suitable solution to the currency situation....the USA is going to be thrown under the nearest bus...her death throes will depopulate much of her and leave room for the new robots and their elite masters.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I hate to sound like a broken record (ummm... glitchy mp3!?!) but this just goes to show how the whole puppet show in D.C. is all about class warfare!

And even though many have been programmed to think that they are somehow "part of the team"... guess again!

Both parties are nothing but shills for the billionaire class, and they do NOT care about you.

The democrats, are great at lip service, but when it comes down to it, they were more than happy to team up with their "enemies" (professional wrestling style, that is.) to throw the middle class under the bus with this sequestration, only they try to pretend that it was the "other guy's fault".

It ALWAYS boils down to YOUR tax dollars getting syphoned to THEIR bank accounts. (And remember, as much as you gobble up the rhetoric, YOU are NOT in the club!)

If only there had been a real sequester that involved cutting all of the salaries in congress and the senate, and making it illegal for these lying liars to get free airtime to spew their lies... oh well, we can always dream!

the Billmeister

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The fact that the sequester really boiled down to a decrease in the derivative of the government's spending and not an actual decrease in the spending should have alerted most of the populous that this whole thing was a giant sham. I've been saying it was a sham now for weeks. The only good thing about this whole situation is that the Republicans called the Democrats bluff that if the sequester hit, there would be widespread panic. Its already March 5 and life has been going on the same as it was going on back in February. If (When) our system falls apart, the sequester won't be the cause of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

How long before Obama gives up his fit, and realizes he may have
lost this one. Too many manufactured crisis in a row, starts to become really obvous!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I assume you are all of the understanding that the sequester did not cover all spending, right? In addition, the budget does not cover all government spending. Even a balanced budget will result in additional debt.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
After all his fear mongering how the world was going to end if they didn't give him want he wanted.

And after all the dog and pony show life goes on manufactured "crisis" indeed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
WHAT?!? You mean to say that the government told a fib?!?

Say it ain't so! SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

I can't believe that anyone has ever taken any of this seriously. Ranks right up there with the

FISCAL CLIFF!!!!!

First, they run us off of a Fiscal Cliff (r)(c). Then we're all Sequestered (r)(c).

Is there a bunch of people in D.C. who sit around thinking up stupid names for these asinine schemes?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Where is the government borrowing all this money from? are there really people and countries in the world that are foolish enough to keep lending us money?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The Federal Reserve

And maybe China and few other countries willing to make risky investments...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The Wall Street market rally today just emphasized that the economic bubble is about ready to burst.

Exuberant Enthusiasm will be carved upon the headstone of a once great financial experiment before the Fed, the other private banks, Wall Street, and other foriegn and international influences finally corroded the last thin bulkhead of soverign independence that was insolating our morally corrupt government from its final attachment to our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Our anesthetized media and firewall of chaff filters has been also dumbed down along with the framework of our schools who administer the garbage that once gave Carl Marx an orgasm. Some see it, but most do not.

Those who have an ideological premise that man has 'evolved' from the earlier years of our countrys establishment are lacking in knowing the history of governments,empires and those who wield the power of that government against its citizens. Their 'hopefulness and wouldn't it be nice ifs..' all disregard the fact that 'man' has not changed in his desire to control those who they feel are 'intellectually inferior'.

That is why our Constitution was written TO PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF INDIVIDUAL LIBERTIES.... Not to give some modicum of protection if they please the 'Master' or it suits the government. There is a great difference between intelligence and common sense, and we are seeing that being exposed to a very raw state.

It really is like having someone in your family who went to a university for 15 years and came back with many degrees and is so smart, he can't even change his oil in his car and can't fix a light switch or unstop a toilet.

...And then he becomes a congessman or senator.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Proof - That this administration is totally inept in their "handling" of our economic crisis.

The real crisis is THEM. They are the problem. Their inaction on actually trying to solve our economic burdens has pretty much been written in the sand.

They talk out of their ass and go after those who claim gas.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Wow, if they're just going to be giving money away to foreign nations and government agencies then it is time for me to stack my claim.

I claim my 1 acre lot as my own country in honor of Peter Griffin, Peterotica!!!

Now to get some foreign aid and bail out money...where do I sign up?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The White House stopped tours because of sequester will that stop the endless vacations of the Soros porch parrot also ?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Folks (don't ya just love how our "Dear Leader" calls us that? But I digress...)

"This" manufactured crisis is in place for the 2014 mid terms. How so? The Administration NEEDS to have Americans "suffering" (real, imagined or lapdog media contrived) to bully pulpit defeat any and all opposition to Obama's grand, progressive plans. The taking back of the House is critical. The check and balance of having a "disagreeable" (am I PC or what) Congress is a roadblock everything the PTB want, ie a disarmed, government dependent populace that is controlled in every aspect and function of their lives. Cradle to grave government control from what we eat (we'll all look back on the good old days of nanny Bloomburg); to what we flush the end product away in (govt mandated flush rate toilets). Our health (ObamaCare) will be regulated (for the common good) just like the curly mandated CFL light bulbs we are forced to buy.

Total government control...via the last two years of the Obama Regime. He has the Senate; soon the Supreme Court (and what do they "have" on John Roberts?); the House is all that is needed to rubber stamp "Hope and Change."

From each according to their means to each according to their needs.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Glinda because: Typos!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRIGHT STAR
reply to post by jibeho

The White House stopped tours because of sequester will that stop the endless vacations of the Soros porch parrot also ?

Seek and ye shall find.. Someone wants to crack down on Obama's golf excursions.

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) introduced an amendment to the fast-moving continuing resolution spending bill that would bar funding for President Obama’s golf outings until the White House reopens for public tours.

Gohmert, who announced his amendment from the floor of the House, said Americans, whether Republicans or Democrats, will be greatly disappointed to come to Washington and not be able to get their tours of the White House. Many tours are planned well in advance.

The amendment states:

None of the funds made available by a division of this act may be used to transport the president to or from a golf course until public tours of the White House resume.

www.whitehousedossier.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join