It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed hacker signs up for prison computer class. Hacks prison's mainframe...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomnom
reply to post by GrandStrategy

They're not hackers, or are idiots.

No, they're hackers. Why would I lie?

I don't think you know what a hacker is. I think you're confused. Many hackers are open about being hackers, why wouldn't they be? Just because someone tells you they're a hacker doesn't mean they're lying. I get the impression you think all hackers are some super bad ass black hat criminal anti-government types who are all running around trying not to be rumbled lest the CIA kick off their door hinges... it's not that at all

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

THIS is the million dollar question.

I run hotel/resorts. Technology 101: do not put the guest WIFI network anywhere near the internal network. As such I have 3 separate networks (guest systems, guest WIFI, and our internal domain controller).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The starting point of entry is your domain .............. dns resolves to an ip address, MXlookup points to your router then
the hacking starts with exploits of known vulnerabilities in your windows server.... simples

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

The starting point of entry is your domain .............. dns resolves to an ip address, MXlookup points to your router then
the hacking starts with exploits of known vulnerabilities in your windows server.... simples

well, i know there are always vulnerabilities. But consider:

if i put the timeclock on the same network as the guest WIFI, then the guests then have easy access to the timeclock. They can see it, and thus navigate to it.

This is what I am referring to. In the OP, the "mainframe" was on the same network that prisoners were allowed to use. "Bad idea" is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Lmao.... I missed that... how[SNIP] stupid!

edit on 5-3-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join