It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida man swallowed by large, sudden sinkhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Another sink hole but this time, one man is lost. Not heard from since. Wow.

From what I understand, sinkholes are common in Florida but this one is just scary. We know that sinkholes are becoming a problem and on the rise in various parts of the US but I've never heard of one opening up and swallowing someone.

Evacuations of neighbors on both sides just in case and nothing heard from the victim as of yet.

news.ca.msn.com...

SEFFNER, Fla. - A Florida man screamed for help and disappeared as a large sinkhole opened under his bedroom, his brother said Friday. No signs of life had been found. Jeremy Bush heard a loud crash and screaming. He said it took him seconds to get to his brother Jeff's room near midnight Thursday, but the earth had already swallowed him. Jeremy Bush said he jumped into the hole and was quickly up to his neck in dirt. "The floor was still giving in and the dirt was still going down, but I didn't care. I wanted to save my brother," he said. "But I just couldn't do nothing." He added: "He was screaming my name. I could swear I heard him hollering my name to help him."

Peace

edit on 1-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
How does a sinkhole open up and just swallow a room?

Traumatizing for the other brother to hear him and not be able to help.

Like something out of a bad dream.
edit on 1-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Especially one so deep that they can't find the guy.

Peace

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
that's kind of the nature of sink holes, they are sudden, and the land can just drop out from underneath you if you happen to be standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'd just get mangled in with all of the rubble. Not a pleasant way to go.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i read about that this morning and the first thing i thought was, you lucky bastard. that may seem strange but my thought was geared towards the stories he gets to tell those on the other side. lol

i went to bed and woke up falling down this big ass sink hole, right under my bedroom no less, what the hell are the odds?

i hope the best for his kin though, it's painful loosing a loved one in any way shape or form.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
it too find this odd , if you know how a house is built this could not happen , unless the bed room just had dirt floors. There would be exterior damage as well

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
it too find this odd , if you know how a house is built this could not happen , unless the bed room just had dirt floors. There would be exterior damage as well

Your assuming the house has a basement, I know its pretty much a standard here in europe to have a basement ( although this is disappearing, since it costs allot to build one nowadays ).

But if its a house build on a concrete plate then it doesn't seem so strange.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

One small paragraph from the article explains why it happened. Did you read the linked article? Also, the Earth is full of holes and then they fill with water and make lakes so we can swim in them .

www.science20.com... nkholes_form
edit on 1-3-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join