It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An example of a "UFO"(not really a UFO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Alright, so I was taking pictures in the rain, and this particular picture I captured had two street lights in it. The street lights reflected into the sky, and then my camera captured it. This is an example of some of the "UFOs" that you can capture. I hope this picture helps in deciding if something is a real UFO or not. If you can't tell where the "UFO" is, it's right above the electrical line to the right.

"UFO"

Note: This is on Facebook. The picture is not original and the EXIF data has been messed with.
edit on 27-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The last thing to cross my mind, seeing this photo, is UFO... Obvious street lamps. Bad example. Got to continue writing so it's not a one-liner, but you get the point...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
The last thing to cross my mind, seeing this photo, is UFO... Obvious street lamps. Bad example. Got to continue writing so it's not a one-liner, but you get the point...

There are some people that may contend it's a UFO(s). Like I said, it's not the street lamps to focus on. It's the light up towards the sky.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Obviously from the lens. At least post something that someone - anyone - might take a second look at.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia
Obviously from the lens. At least post something that someone - anyone - might take a second look at.

I took three looks at it...does that count?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

You'd serve better example by taking pictures of the sun with your cell phone camera, or any sufficiently garbage cheap digital camera to emulate all the Nibiru photos.

Additionally, photos of lights reflecting off the inside of the windscreen glass in your auto, home, or any place looking out into the dark where there's glass between you and the outside with conveniently spooky light reflections on the inside glass will work.

If you'd really like to have some fun working on a project, you'll purposely hoax a plastic model on fishing line ala Billy Meier style, then find some other 'real' UFO photo online, and post us up one of those "which one of these is the real thing" things.
Often enough, that will be a trick question since most everything you find will likely also be fake.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

If you're suggesting all UFOs are fake, that's WRONG. I have a photo of a UFO that I took.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

If you're suggesting all UFOs are fake, that's WRONG. I have a photo of a UFO that I took.

How completely adorable.
If you showed us the photo with zero explanation, zero story telling, zero arrows or circles to make what we're suppose to see obvious, would we be able to figure out your UFO photo without having to squint and cross our eyes too much?

Is it one of those ambiguous lights on a dark background photos?

Maybe it's something blurry in a distance?

Is it lens flare?
Could you see it before you aimed a camera at it?

Was it a Chinese Sky Lantern? A silver mylar balloon?
Maybe just a light in the sky that kinda looked like a star but moved completely silent, maybe flashed at you and then disappeared like it went into warp drive or something?

I challenge you to post another thread with your genuine UFO photo, simply asking "What is this?" without any story, and without any detailed explanation that tells anyone what we're suppose to be seeing.

For the record, I'm suggesting most UFOs are the product of misidentification, as well as purposeful hoax.
There are a very small insignificant few that comprise the 'real' UFO phenomenon.

There is indeed a UFO phenomenon, but, beyond saying that, even with over 50 years of people looking into the phenomenon, it's still an unknown phenomenon.

Anyway, you're the one that wanted to start some instructive thread on what is and is not a genuine unknown.
I offer insight, and you throw all caps words back at me.
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

please pretty please...don't upload it.

I have a nasty hunch it's a white dot.

btw. that picture in the OP...no serious UFO hunter or debunker would consider anything from that pic. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

please pretty please...don't upload it.

I have a nasty hunch it's a white dot.

btw. that picture in the OP...no serious UFO hunter or debunker would consider anything from that pic. Sorry.

No it's not a white dot. Not even close at all.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Can you upload it so we can take a look at what you consider a UFO. Just to have some kind of reference.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Can you upload it so we can take a look at what you consider a UFO. Just to have some kind of reference.

Thanks.

I have it on Facebook. But I'd like to give you the original picture, because it's much sharper, and so the EXIF data is there. It's too big to upload onto ATS' servers.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Dudes like Druscilla are in denial. You waste your time with them because instead of giving your photo a 50/50 chance, they would have to be there with you to see it for themselves.

But here is one for you. It is June 1978, a clear sunny day. I am sitting on a rooftop with a friend and we see something in the sky. It draws our attention because it has been there for awhile. It has been moving upward and growing in size, but ever so slightly as to barely register change. It is oval and white.

Now we know this can not be some alien saucer out in broad daylight over a major population area. So what is it? After about 15 minutes total it has grown larger so we decide to get the binoculars.

Looking thru them we can see that it is comprised of 2 oval shapes. After another 5 minutes it has gotten much higher and we can see 3 oval shapes, all of which are bouncing together on the wind. There are black markings on it too. What the heck is that?

Then thru the binoculars it dawns on me.
I am looking at Micky Mouse.
Seen him a hundred times.

I am in Huntington Beach. Disneyland is about 15 miles away. They sell balloons there in the shape of Micky Mouse’s head, with 2 ears. For how low the balloon was when we first saw it, I would guess that it came out of someone’s car or from their home, not many miles distant.

We got a good laugh out of it, so much so that I still remember it.

[nrut em no daed nam]
edit on 28-2-2013 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Originally posted by blahxd67

How completely adorable.
If you showed us the photo with zero explanation, zero story telling, zero arrows or circles to make what we're suppose to see obvious, would we be able to figure out your UFO photo without having to squint and cross our eyes too much?

Is it one of those ambiguous lights on a dark background photos?

Maybe it's something blurry in a distance?

Is it lens flare?
Could you see it before you aimed a camera at it?

Was it a Chinese Sky Lantern? A silver mylar balloon?
Maybe just a light in the sky that kinda looked like a star but moved completely silent, maybe flashed at you and then disappeared like it went into warp drive or something?

I challenge you to post another thread with your genuine UFO photo, simply asking "What is this?" without any story, and without any detailed explanation that tells anyone what we're suppose to be seeing.

For the record, I'm suggesting most UFOs are the product of misidentification, as well as purposeful hoax.
There are a very small insignificant few that comprise the 'real' UFO phenomenon.

There is indeed a UFO phenomenon, but, beyond saying that, even with over 50 years of people looking into the phenomenon, it's still an unknown phenomenon.

Anyway, you're the one that wanted to start some instructive thread on what is and is not a genuine unknown.
I offer insight, and you throw all caps words back at me.
Thanks.

I know what a lens flare is. I captured one when I took a picture of the moon. I also captured one when I was taking pics in a parking lot. Yes I saw the UFO before I took the picture. That's why I took the picture. Now you claim this

"I offer insight, and you throw all caps words back at me."

I said one word with caps in it. One. And you didn't really offer any insight at all. You seem to claim that I captured a real UFO, when I didn't. Why do I think it's not a real UFO? Because those "UFOs" seem to take the shape and scaled size of the lights in the photo. And the UFO that I claimed to have...I cannot post the original photo because it's too large for ATS to take. However, I do have a zoomed version on Facebook. Please give me your "insight" on what it is. Please be open-minded as well.

Here is the link for you to try to debunk. Have fun.
UFO

I've sent it into MUFON as well and another forum. No one has been able to debunk it.

edit on 28-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: Spelling correction

edit on 28-2-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join