It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day The Earth Nearly Died (Documentary)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I couldn't find a thread on this, and it is a very interesting piece worth seeing. It discusses the Permian mass extinction, as well as some other related things. It also talks about the Siberian Traps, and a potential new theory that an even bigger asteroid than what "killed" the dinosaurs hit during the Permian period. Because of the incredible force of such a massive impact, it is postulated that it melts the earth's crust and that the crater refills with lava- leaving no crater at all.

They discover some things in the earth layers, after noting a 23,000 year cycle. There's tons of stuff in here, and it leads to new conclusions about the epoch. That it may have actually been a combination of factors, and not just one.

Enjoy and learn!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Looks interesting, going to watch it later. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing that.
I have this book called When Life Nearly Died written by Michael J Benton ,I think it was published in 2003. That is what the documentary seems to based on.

I have often pondered upon the cycles of our Earth and solar system and it's effects.

Ever heard of the Milankovitch cycles?

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Interesting docu, thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks TA.

My wife and I watched this last night prior to going to bed. Was a good one to feed the brain before sleep.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Watching it now! I just finished watching Evacuate Earth the documentary on Natural Geographic and that was amazing! I think I'll be spending a day watching docs today
Thanks!

top topics

join