It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Do You Feel It?

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Funny!

Was pretty spot on for me too... I've just had a look at 'meetup.com' to see if there are any groups on it and there are many....

Its an interesting read though.... that link!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

On a subconscious level starseeds often feel that something is 'about to happen' soon on the planet and that great changes are to be expected very soon. It is a feeling that something is speeding up and coming to a head or climax. This tends to be part of the starseed mission for incarnating on earth. During these great times of change they sense that they may somehow have a role to play, even if this just means gathering information of some kind or raising their own personal vibration and the vibrations of other people. This in turn can effect the entire planet energetically on a collective level. Eventually the starseed becomes more fully conscious of their purpose and can feel the waves of energy and shifting of consiousness that is now occuring on the planet.

Sound familiar? Link

Definately... it was the meaning of the thread!! The 'Feeling' or 'Waiting'

This article is spot on with most stuff! i too had read a little about 'Indigos' but it never really took me to where the 'Starseeds' took me....

I will be back in about 11 hours from now.
edit on 10-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Interesting.
I shall look into it further.
The reason I haven't done that so far, is that I didn't think it was what I experienced.
The feeling was more a 'not wanting to move' than a 'not be able to move'.
I liked being in that state.

Thanks for suggesting it though, maybe it is some form of sleep paralysis.

Edit: quickly looked it up. Sleep paralysis is also associated with narcolepsy. This is something I have thought to suffer from for various reasons. I wasn't convinced though. But now I read that narcoleptics enter the REM sleep within 5 minutes, now that sounds like me. Perhaps I should give it some further investigating.

Narcolepsy is a chronic neurological disorder caused by the brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally.[1] People with narcolepsy often experience disturbed nocturnal sleep and an abnormal daytime sleep pattern, which often is confused with insomnia. Narcoleptics, when falling asleep, generally experience the REM stage of sleep within 5 minutes, while most people do not experience REM sleep until an hour or so later.[2]

edit on 10-3-2013 by z00mster because: (no reason given)

Bingo!
I found it under Hypnogogia:

Other sensations Gustatory, olfactory and thermal sensations in hypnagogia have all been reported, as well as tactile sensations (including those kinds classed as paresthesia or formication). Sometimes there is synesthesia; many people report seeing a flash of light or some other visual image in response to a real sound. Proprioceptive effects may be noticed, with numbness and changes in perceived body size and proportions,[27] feelings of floating or bobbing, and out-of-body experiences.[33] Perhaps the most common experience of this kind is the falling sensation, and associated hypnic jerk, encountered by many people, at least occasionally, while drifting off to sleep.[34]

edit on 10-3-2013 by z00mster because: Added hypnogogia

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This was an interesting thread from a while back and you may get some new insights from it regarding starseeds.

the three waves

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I will answer the 2 questions about sleep paralysis and starseeds.

About a decade or more ago I had a dream of some woman with rainbow hair that seemed alive and she said the word 'starseed'. That lead me to look it up, and it was believe it or not in fact a term coined by Timothy Leary during some vision he had while in solitary confinement in jail.

That is as far as i've looked into it however, and i actively avoid all the new fad of starseed/indigo 'lightworker' whatever else that there is a lot of on another forums which i frequent because it all reeks of exclusivity and new agey fad to me. I used to read the channelings and all that for entertainment, sociological interest and curiosity but for whatever reason rightly or wrongly i put the starseed phenom roughly in the same category and personally don't feel like it has much to offer me.

However, it is interesting the quotes that have been referenced to above, and I respect the fact that some may resonate with it and certainly understand how it could be of interest in different ways.

The sleep paralysis I used to get from time to time, and they were sometimes a bit unsettling and shady in nature; however the last time I remember having it; I "shook" myself out of it, which I was not able to do before. Basically I somehow was able to shake first my head rapidly, then my body and pull myself out of the paralysis, willed my body to vibrate up and awake out of it.

There was a deep and low sinister voice that sounded as if it came from the next room, and I basically said '# this' and fought out of it. Was an empowering moment for me at the time to be honest.

Far as number synchronicities, they seem to come and go in cycles. 22 has made a re-emergence recently. Some show up for a time then disappear, other certain numbers make their appearances consistently.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'd never heard the term "starseed" until this thread. I'm normally a skeptical person in that I will always look for the mundane explanation before concluding anything is supernatural or paranormal. So I tend to stay away from the "New Age" hippy trends.

Reading the website about starseeds was a huge shock. Its like I looked in the mirror, and for the first time, got a clear reflection.

Does that mean that starseeds exist? Or could it merely be a description of many introverts and someone attached an interesting name to make us feel special? I don't know.

I don't know if I believe in reincarnation, still trying to work that out. But this thread and the thought of starseeds have given me a lot to consider.

Happy Monday, my friends.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Me too.... there was so much on the site that I could resonate with and maybe it is true that our Souls aren't from this planet/realm. Maybe we are here for another reason, I have felt I was here for another reason when I realised that the World outside just isn't for me. It is a Sinister and Corrupt World, nasty and Horrific at times!

I have thought that I don't belong here and that I am waiting to be picked up and taken home or to some other place! It is a weird feeling but I sense a True feeling.

As for the term 'Starseed', well I had never heard of it before but after finding that site just by typing into my browser 'star system 1111' I thought 'wow'... I WAS supposed to find this site! I have found that there are many others out there....

Now, I dont really know what to do except try to avoid the System and get dragged back into hell!!

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Me too.... there was so much on the site that I could resonate with and maybe it is true that our Souls aren't from this planet/realm. Maybe we are here for another reason, I have felt I was here for another reason when I realised that the World outside just isn't for me. It is a Sinister and Corrupt World, nasty and Horrific at times!

I have thought that I don't belong here and that I am waiting to be picked up and taken home or to some other place! It is a weird feeling but I sense a True feeling.

As for the term 'Starseed', well I had never heard of it before but after finding that site just by typing into my browser 'star system 1111' I thought 'wow'... I WAS supposed to find this site! I have found that there are many others out there....

Now, I dont really know what to do except try to avoid the System and get dragged back into hell!!

Its hard though isnt it? because we have to live and function in the system. I go to work and work with people whom i dont understand and they me i think. I have felt different all my life and still it continues. Im getting fed up of it now, but theres nothing that can be done, just wait i suppose. I try to tell myself how lucky i am compared to some in the world, but its just the relentlessness of it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have just been listening to 'Delores' and although it can be funny, it is interesting:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This three waves of starseeds theory is very interesting, i would be one of the ancient ones, between 40 and 50

It still doesnt explain though, that if we chose to come here, why are so many of us unhappy with our lot.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Heres a question for all you "waiters", i made a thread about it 2 years ago-ish. Has time felt like it has speeded up in recent years? Now, before anyone says it, i know time does seem to go quicker the older you get, BUT, this is something different. Im talking about time massively speeding up. I cant keep up with it, days and years are going like a flash.
Maybe im just a weirdo or menopausal or sumit
but id be interested to hear other people views on it.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
People are doomed to "wait" for their entire life.That's because we are the only species who can think and plan ahead..way ahead...That's why we always plan for something in advanced and savor the waiting period to get to it ,and while we are not doing that,we review our past and amuse ourselves with it..either way we loose the most precious thing which is right NOW...I always envy the animals because most of them look like they are purely living in the moment...We are though to wait for graduation and jobs then marriage and kids then we wait for the kids graduation, jobs, marriage,etc .This cycle seems to never end,and we seem not very exited when we achieve our goals, it is just the waiting period and the anticipation that we enjoy the most.....Any thing rather than right now is an illusion,just a blurry picture in our minds and nothing else,but our mind is very good at focusing our attention to them and distract us from living in the moment.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Why are we unhappy?

Because this World just hasn't turned out how we would have hoped! There is and has always been Greed... there is and has always been Poverty!

We aren't meant to do this kind of work that only continues to feed the SYSTEM.

When we see another Murder, it makes us sad for a bit, we try and figure out what is happening... too many Lost Souls and Evil Souls!!

Nature is dying off.... so is Wildlife!

Some of us weren't Loved as we would have wanted and needed.

I'm sure there's a long list!!

Apart from this though, I am mainly happy...

BTW. You may be Ancient but you are an Ancient Princess!

edit on 11-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Absolutely. I have always thought that time seems to go by faster as you get older.
And that the getting older is the cause of that perception.
At the moment I attribute it to the
difference in experiencing things as a child and as an adult.

When you are a child, everything is new. Thus living is much more intense.
As you get older, you take a lot more for granted. One day looks a lot like the next. And maybe that is why time seems to fly.
Actually as I write this I realise what my philosophy teacher must have meant when he said:
"Don't ever stop being amazed by the things around you. Keep a sense of wonder" (freely translated)

I don't know if that's what you mean though. Just babbling here.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by starshift

Thanks.
Reading it as we speak.

Edit: I only read the OP. I'm not sure what to 'do' with it though

edit on 11-3-2013 by z00mster because: Added sentence

edit on 11-3-2013 by z00mster because: Typo

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by z00mster

Absolutely. I have always thought that time seems to go by faster as you get older.
And that the getting older is the cause of that perception.
At the moment I attribute it to the
difference in experiencing things as a child and as an adult.

When you are a child, everything is new. Thus living is much more intense.
As you get older, you take a lot more for granted. One day looks a lot like the next. And maybe that is why time seems to fly.
Actually as I write this I realise what my philosophy teacher must have meant when he said:
"Don't ever stop being amazed by the things around you. Keep a sense of wonder" (freely translated)

I don't know if that's what you mean though. Just babbling here.

It wasnt. But you made your point beautifully.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'd never heard the term "starseed" until this thread. I'm normally a skeptical person in that I will always look for the mundane explanation before concluding anything is supernatural or paranormal. So I tend to stay away from the "New Age" hippy trends.

Reading the website about starseeds was a huge shock. Its like I looked in the mirror, and for the first time, got a clear reflection.

Same here.

Does that mean that starseeds exist? Or could it merely be a description of many introverts and someone attached an interesting name to make us feel special? I don't know.

I'm leaning towards the latter. Especially now I know that the term stems from Timothy Leary.
So we have these characteristics, and we call people who have these traits starseed.
What's the added value of that information?
I started to read some stuff about it, but I'm having trouble with people making statements about starseed as truth.
Like, stemming from another solarsystem. How can anyone be so sure?
Someone even told a person that he probably was from one of the moons of sirius a or sirius b. Because that is where the felines are. Stars don't have moons..
Seriously, I don't know what to believe anymore and maybe I don't need to believe anything.

I don't know if I believe in reincarnation, still trying to work that out. But this thread and the thought of starseeds have given me a lot to consider.

Happy Monday, my friends.

You too!

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes that was a good find.
Talk about synchronisity..

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I know what you meant though.
But I forgot to make my point in previous post.
Being; my six year old son said to me "time is going by so fast, isn't it?"
Now I wonder if he heard that somewhere, but I sure was amazed that he said that.

edit on 11-3-2013 by z00mster because: Deleted obsolete text

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Ok just the link to Timothy Leary's starseed and then I'll shut the # up.

Starseed

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join