It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TX Man fatally shoots intruder during home invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

HOUSTON –A 21-year-old man sprang into action to protect his family Thursday night when three suspects barged into their northwest Harris County home.

The family was in the middle of baking a cake, when there was a knock at the door. “I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father explained. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.” After the father was down, the suspects went after the mother. That is when the son ran and got his dad’s gun. He opened fire and hit one of the suspects, who died in the back bedroom. The other two suspects fled the scene.

Family fights back when 3 gunmen storm their home

This is why people have the right to bear arms............. SELF DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!

He did what it took to protect his family, kudos to him.

I would like to add, Mr. VP, you can take your vomit and pee remarks and shove it
where the sun don't shine!!!

The homeowners rights come before criminals ....... as do women protecting themselves against perpetrators.

ETA Video:

[ETA: Sorry, hit 'post' instead of 'preview, then lost internet....]

edit on 24-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yah we should definitely ban guns... How dare these people kill someone to protect themselves.. The NERVE!

/sarcasm off

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hurray Houston son!

Boo South African footless runner.

Oh how do we work out the solution.

I guess we have to have the occasional hot model take one for the team, in order to have true freedom.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Hurray Houston son!

Boo South African footless runner.

Oh how do we work out the solution.

I guess we have to have the occasional hot model take one for the team, in order to have true freedom.

Homeowner-----1
Thugs ----------0

** This is a prime reason why many want large capacity magazines.........3 intruders **
Luckily for him the other 2 ran away

edit on 24-2-2013 by snarky412 because: oops

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I can never seem to understand how people who break into someone else's home have the guts to blindly walk into a place that is someone else's layout. Is it jealousy that drives them? Anger? Are a majority sociopaths that lack the ability to see beyond themselves? View others as an extension of themselves?

I took psycology in college, but could still never get why people do bad things to this extent.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

From the link in the OP

Neighbors said the son was just doing what he had to do

Amen to that brother. Somebody busts through my front door and knocks a family member, Im expecting the worse and will use what I deem necessary to defend me and my family.

** This is a prime reason why many want large capacity magazines.........3 intruders **

This is another issue I fail to understand from the anti-gunners. How the heck do they know what size of magazine you or I need to defend ourselves with?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
I can never seem to understand how people who break into someone else's home have the guts to blindly walk into a place that is someone else's layout. Is it jealousy that drives them? Anger? Are a majority sociopaths that lack the ability to see beyond themselves? View others as an extension of themselves?

I took psycology in college, but could still never get why people do bad things to this extent.

Sometimes there is no reason for the why.
People, I believe, can just be bad.
No conscience, no remorse..................until they get caught. And then it's 'iffy' as to whether it's sincere or not.

I know 2 brothers that are like night and day.
One works his azz off, owns a business and never gets in trouble.
The other, well he's a lost cause.
Does dope, drinks, won't work, shows violence towards GF's, trouble with the law, fights etc,....
[not married of course......divorced]
He lives off of person to person, who ever will take him in at the time.
He shows no remorse what so ever and loves to play people and use them. Then turns around and bad mouths them when they get sick of his sh@t.
Crazy......his way of thinking is totally screwed up!!!!!!
He said that "he didn't ask to be born therefore people owe him."

And to know that they are siblings is unreal to say the least!!

edit on 24-2-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The fact that these two people you were talking about were siblings has little or nothing to do with the pathological nature of either one . The genetic implications of pathology have never been proven and the ties of psychosis to siblings may go only as far as environment. That is to say that all or most children subject to the same environmental stimulus that is extremely negative will likely show the same or similar pathological deformities regardless whether or not they are siblings or even genetically related at all.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
It is pretty low of the home invaders to use a little boy to get the family to open the door.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
4 More stories like this back to back in MSM would devastate the gun grabbers arguments.

Besides.....Biden said shotgun right?

edit on 24-2-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

In the absence of MSM coverage then these local tv stories need to go viral on Youtube. Spread the "news" - be the "news".

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Let's see, the evening was still young, the house had an ADT sign in front of their door, it IS the state of Texas, uhhmmmm..........yup, these were some intellignet thugs.
Just what exactly were they going to do to this family? Help them frost the cake? It will be interesting to see if and what weapons the thugs had on them.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Let's see, the evening was still young, the house had an ADT sign in front of their door, it IS the state of Texas, uhhmmmm..........yup, these were some intellignet thugs.
Just what exactly were they going to do to this family? Help them frost the cake? It will be interesting to see if and what weapons the thugs had on them.

Does it matter WHAT weapons the scumbags had? They broke into someone's house, the guy got what he deserved, bottom line

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness

The fact that these two people you were talking about were siblings has little or nothing to do with the pathological nature of either one . The genetic implications of pathology have never been proven and the ties of psychosis to siblings may go only as far as environment. That is to say that all or most children subject to the same environmental stimulus that is extremely negative will likely show the same or similar pathological deformities regardless whether or not they are siblings or even genetically related at all.

I was merely responding to a question posed earlier about the 'why' people do bad stuff.

People are both good and bad, even if from the same parents.
Those 2 brothers are a prime example of good and bad.
No reason that the parents can think of as to why the bad son does the stuff he does [without remorse] because they raised them both the same way with principles/respect/discipline.

The fact that he's cold and indifferent to the pain he inflicts on others, including his parents, makes them question what they did wrong raising him.

I used them as an example because I've seen first hand that many times, there is no 'why' to ones actions when they choose to do wrong, they just do it, because they can.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Self defense is not why we have the right to bear arms, but it sure is a nice byproduct.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WP4YT

Self defense is not why we have the right to bear arms, but it sure is a nice byproduct.

Damn straight............

new topics

top topics

join