It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Major Eruption Now!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

silo13
At the moment I’m getting reports of earth tremors - lava - some explosions but the weather isn’t permitting me to get a look.
I’ll keep you updated.

peace

www.ct.ingv.it...

www.ct.ingv.it...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-12-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Please take care Dear Heart.

I hope you make some extra money off your excellent photos. You should be able to fairly easily. Not sure how to suggest going about it. Maybe some ATSers would know.

Nice you have started to copyright them.

Prayers and hugs.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

silo13

Unreal lava flow - fast and furious - you can see the snow steam!

Eyes open -

peace

Silo, I have been enjoying your pictures for years now, but I have to say that these recent ones are breathtaking!!!

I know you got a new camera since you first started posting, but you really have captured some amazing images. I agree that you should be selling these.

Please stay safe. I know you are zooming in and aren't as close as it seems...but man, that lava looks intense!!!

Westcoast

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Etna’s New Southeast Crater Produces Another Explosive Show

WIRED Science!

It appears that Etna is going full-steam-ahead right now with a constant stream of paroxysms. Tonight the Italian volcano had its third in a little over a week and although it was shrouded by clouds for much of the eruption, it was still captured on video (see above). From the looks of the video, multiple vents were erupting from the New Southeast Crater, producing a splay of lava fountains during this intense strombolian eruption. The view from the home of Dr. Boris Behncke really showed off the size of some of these lava fountains, likely measuring in the hundreds of meters. Areas to the north and northwest of Etna saw ash and lapilli fall from this vigorous eruption as well. This new eruption also produced lava flows that moved down the slopes of the volcano into the Valle del Bove (see below), spreading out as they reached flatter territory, spreading small tongues of lava in many directions.

Great job Turi!

peace

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Hi Jane

No, it's not the worst I've seen the flow but it was SO FAST - like someone turned on a faucet (making me wish of course I had video)!
It was really stupendous and frightening witnessing the snow melt like butter as lava flowed over like a frightening sauce on a bizarre ice cream Sunday.

Eruption 19 - a short and sweet flare-up with 'special effects' that will earmark this eruption as one of the most beautiful of the year.

Rainbows back at you!

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

West Coast - good to know Etna's still got your interest. She is a sight isn't she.
And yes, I've a new camera since this all started - next thing? A tripod and video!
Ever upwards yes.

She's quiet tonight - that's a good thing for now - I really feel the locals need a rest.

OH! I was going to add. There was one eruption a couple years back - my dog went nutters before she erupted (the dog was young, once of her first real eruptions). It was great to get that documented. Problem is? Yesterday she went nutters again - in the very same manner. Boy did that give the hairs on my neck a stand up when the clouds cleared and there was Etna doing her thing! Due to the dog I thought we were in for a biggy - thankfully she (my dog) was 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong!

Thanks again for keeping close to the thread - it's why I'm out there.

peace

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I do ppreciate your well wishes and your prodding me to gain some cash - but Etna isn’t for sale - at least my pics are not. I’ve had a lot of offers but I’m just not interested. She’s too precious to me.

Let me take a moment and explain.

Have you ever seen the movie (or read the book) Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat?

A naturalist (Mowat) travels to Alaska and remains for a summer to study their white wolves in hopes to prove the wolves are not responsible for killing off the caribou. In trying to do 'good' he exposes the wolves to hunters and the lovely wolves are shot and killed.

His story moral (if you will) rides hard over me when I think of 'selling' Etna. I’d rather not temp fate - or be responsible (even in my fantasies) of doing anything to expose her in a negative way. For one reason or another I feel 'boxing her up' in a book would do just that.

On the other hand it might bring more foreigners to Sicily for tourism!

I will offer this though. If anyone from ATS wants to use any one of my photos as a screen saver? Let me know via U2U. Free of course.

I'm adding the next vid as a great example of what her 'ash' is like - the word is misleading - it's more raining rocks!

peace

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Farley Mowatt also wrote Gorillas in the Mist.....I'll be looking up the one you mentioned, thanks Gracie

Rainbows right back attcha!
Jane

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Understand your seDiments. LOL.

Just want what's best for you.

You may have affections galore for Etna.

She has none for anyone. LOL.

May God be with you and those you love.

LUB

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I just found this video - there's some really stunning shots - just stunning!
(Video from last year)

If you're interested in Etna it's more than worth the look.

Enjoy!

This second video goes a long way explaining 'our' Etna!

A great vid - just great!

peace

edit on 8-12-2013 by silo13 because: added second video

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Always good to see your posting. THX THX.

PLEASE be safe!

LUB

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Look who's waking up for Christmas!

There's been a couple small EQ's and then that one big plume release this morning (I caught it late it was a SILENT release) leaving her streaming a thin line of ash. For now.

Eyes open

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Silent but deadly.
Sorry, could not resist.
I always look forward to your updates.
Thank you for continuing.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Well grrrrrr but I wish I could share more today!

She's been ROCKING and ROLLING all day - and really loud at the moment I might add BUT she's stuck there behind those clouds and I can't get a shot for anything.

Maybe later when the lights go down even lower.

Thanks for sticking by Etna

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Tremor is definitely ticking upward under the mountain.

source web page

Stay safe, Silo (and your critters).

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Mt. Etna is hitting her stride now...

webcam link

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

INDEED. I wonder if I need to mail her a box of face masks. That ash is horrific in the lungs. Deadly horrific.

I lived through Mt St Helens in Spokane. I know what I'm speaking about.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow, what an amazing view you have at your house. The view from your place is absolutely great. Id love to be able to wake up and see those sites, while at the same time id be worried if my stuff was going to be damaged. Thanks for all the photos.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thanks for all your updates and gorgeous pics. Stay safe - I have a funny feeling about this week's eruption.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
14-15 hours since she started and going stronger than ever.

FINALLY the clouds cleared a bit and could get a shot or two - but nothing great.

What is great? For better or worse - the sounds are phenomenal in strength and they just don’t quit.
Doors/windows rattling - not a moments peace... Well, unless you like this kind’a thing. *wink*

Yep, this is a big one. It’s definitely going to be rated up there in one of the longest eruptions of the year.

Eyes open

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join