It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea threatens "final destruction" of South Korea at UN

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

You quite clearly know nothing.

Do me a favor, raid that bank account of yours and buy yourself a ticket to the world. Come back and we will have a chat.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Whoever the hell ever said that the US parades around as 'World Police', you smelly hippie?
It's the United Nations that put that into effect.

Put what into effect? You just said that the US is not "world police."

And who is this tyrant and dictator you speak of, exactly??

The American Industrial Military Complex. Or hadn't you heard?

Besides, there's a BIG difference between a peace-keeping country developing and possessing nuclear arms, and an unstable country....

"Peace-keeping"? You mean war-making, right? Or is this the War is Peace switch?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My only response to all this is we would be best off just maintaining the status quo. In other words just ignore thier blustering. I say if they want to exercise thier blowhole let them, we should not start any conflict, pre-emptive strikes are bad juju. Now if NK gets too big for thier britches and initiates military action and we get involved then there is no if's, and's, or but's about it. We should in that case go in, and finish it then and there.

We have enough critics with our foreign policy of late, being the world security force should not be our job.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
As usual North Korea is full of hot air. The country is starving to the point were there eating each other ( www.livescience.com... ) and there latest nuclear test wasn't even as strong as the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They are in no way capable of going to war.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For some reason people feel that other countries have a say in what NK does, NK has sanctioned on it for doing what every other Western country has done and that is to have nukes. You know nothing of NK and just sprout out nonsense like you do when describing the devil or boogey man. The US is the worlds tyrant unless you have been sleeping, they have been laying waste to civilians for decades now in the name of peace. Name one nation that has been saved by the US that is now better off than before it was saved, the war in Afghanistan and Iraq has been going on for a decade, thats a decade people, a decade, must be nice to talk about killing other nations from the comfort of your home.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimordialocker
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

wow of cause the US have never been war mongers in last 40 yrs or or last ten now have they?
This forum is so conservative is getting rather boring!!

edit on 20-2-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

First of all, I never called anyone a warmonger. Discussing facts and giving an opinion isn't labeling anyone as a warmonger. Things are what they are, and if everyone would to feel the need to pull out a list of events to justify their personal opinions and views, then you have a lot to talk about, and everyone has dirty and bloody hands.

And finally, I'm not conservative. Much the opposite.

But what I find rather boring is people who point fingers at others and putting labels while not contributing at all to the threads they participate in.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Whoever the hell ever said that the US parades around as 'World Police', you smelly hippie? It's the United Nations that put that into effect. And who is this tyrant and dictator you speak of, exactly??

Besides, there's a BIG difference between a peace-keeping country developing and possessing nuclear arms, and an unstable country....

Learn your sh!t

edit on 2/20/2013 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by weavty1

if you watch the news and a real news not bias news then you will come to realize America has given its self the job of world police ... the tyrant and dictator is the man with the kill list the only man that can kill who ever he like when ever he likes and with no evidence put on the table ,, he can kill some one just because some one he has tortured has said they are a terrorist ....

Iran has not attacked any other country in over 200 years how many countries has America attacked and which countries in the whole world have actually dropped a nuclear bomb??

now i don't want you thinking i hate American because i don't its not the American peoples fault its the government i dislike,,, i am British and i hate my own government for the things they do and are doing

i would like to know who you consider a peace keeping country ?
edit on 21-2-2013 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i'm beginning to think he is a DPRK plant, notice how he stands up for the north, not willing to admit they are commies er communist.

Okay, detective...

...good thing you aren't in intelligence work.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Naw....he doesn't have the proper skills to be a North Korean Plant or sponcered supporter. I know a little bit about this in that such a person who was hired to manipulate public opinion using a form of media and in this case the internet...would need to address the issues and attempt to gain sympathy for the cause or country that is PAYING them to do so.

Such a person would need to be privvy to a certain amount of INSIDE knowledge and at the same time be knowledgable and understand ALL SIDES AND ALL THE PEOPLE who either support, do not support or have strong opinions either way of such a cause or issue or country.

In HIS case...he does not posses or have the skill to either understand the issue...have knowledge of the country and the history of it as percieved by ALL SIDES....and be able to ATTRACT POSSIBLE SYMPATHY BY USING HONEY....as VINEGAR does not attract as many flies or in this case....sympathetic ears.

If ANYTHING....he is driving more people to a position of seeing the North Korean's as a THEAT rather than some misunderstood country. Any actual group supporting him by means of CASH would have FIRED HIM after the first few threads he has written.

In all likelyhood he is a person who has no problem enjoying the Freedoms others have fought for so that people such as this one could enjoy them....but at the same time have a double standard of condemning the very same groups and mechanisms that have protected these freedoms.

I see this alot and can only laugh at posts such as these as anyone here including you and me easily see just how rediculous his positions are given the reality.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

name these protected freedoms (all of them) and how they have been saved? who threatened them? how they would get to the US of A realistically?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Would you like me to stand on one foot also? LOL!

You know the answer as far as what freedoms and as far as North Korea is concerned...they are realistically only a current threat to the South.

Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Don't know if this is the most appropriate NK thread to put this question in, but there are so many, I don't care to peruse through them all to find the best fit.

My first question is: as there was only ever a truce, and no formal peace agreement between NK and SK, why did the South Koreans rebuild their capital within artillery range of North Korea at the end of hostilities? Seems like aiding and abetting their own blackmailing/extortion by NK. No doubt it had to do with honor and retaining "face" to the NK's, but it was clearly a bad decision.

My second question is: why would the US backup long-term a country that did such a foolish thing?

Bad policy decisions all around, and now the chickens are coming home to roost -- possibly.

Other countries have built completely new capitols from the ground up; South Korea should have done the same thing if it really was concerned about its security.

I never hear this issue discussed anywhere, yet it seems like the most obvious of issues.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
tweet from nbcnews
US Navy shifting guided-missile destroyer in Pacific Ocean in response to ongoing threats from North Korea, officials tell

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join