It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is hell waiting?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm not saying, hell, has a consciousness, but you know what I mean. What you don't know what I mean is, is hell waiting? or better, the Fire.

Is the Fire (commonly known as hell) already in existance? Is it waiting?

I thought I read the dead are brought up into the kingdom of the dead, awaiting the judgement for them to be brought then to 'paradise' (?right) or the Fire.

This is just for discussing the story in a book called the bible. Think/believe of it what you will.

Great, do you understand my question?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thx, Angle.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Are you asking if we believe that hell is a physical place and is waiting to burn and cause much dread to all of the people of the earth that did not follow the laws of God according to a book written by man?

I haven't the slightest clue, to tell you the truth!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

oh dear.

you haven't figured out where you are already?

welcome.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

This is the heaven/hell plain of existence, we have chosen to refine the hell aspect,
guess we like it hot.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hell waits for all. Those that deny the Fire within will receive the Fire without until all Darkness is cleansed.

The question is. Will our souls survive the Fire?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
You know, it be so that when one burns in the Fire, the skin is burned up causing much pain, and then the skin reappears and burns again, again, and again again, again and again.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So I guess the real question is how long does the Fire last? Forever? For some or all?

Or none?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Not yet my path I hope.. Jees, I hope hope, I must have something going on here.. :puzz:

hehe, kidding.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

No. We create our own "hell" with suffering, worry, counterproductive or destructive behaviors.
I understand your OP said 'this is just to discuss the story in the Bible,' but I must put forward the overwhelming academic and theological scholars' insistence that hell is a myth, designed to control people through fear.

Yes, suffering is part of life. Mistakes are part of the learning process. But eventually, every soul will achieve reunion on another plane.

Compassion is the answer, not threats of eternal punishment. It sends the wrong message. Worshipping something to avoid being punished is the same as staying in an unhealthy relationship. It can only lead to anxiety, stress, never-ending worry, and illness.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So I dub the unforgiven..

I don't know what to say Wildtimes..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

So I dub the unforgiven..

Well, you did say this ^ and I have no idea what you mean.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

As of right now, Hell does not exist but Heaven does. Everyone who dies who is saved will go to Heaven upon dying. Everyone who is not saved goes to Hades/Sheol until Judgment Day. Prior to the coming of Christ, everyone who died went to Sheol to await Judgment.

Despite what those who are not educated in the teachings of the Bible think, Hell and Hades/Sheol are NOT the same place.
edit on 19-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

In my opinion, hell has been here for a long time. Ever since we started caring for power over love, Earth has become the "lake of fire". Of course it's an allegorical representation, not literal. All of the constant wars and corruption point toward this in my opinion.

The church says that if you don't believe in the true god you are sent to hell. Well, in my opinion Earth doesn't believe in the true god, which is why the world is so f###ed up right now. We have created this hell by being afraid of a place like the literal hell, those who created this lie profited off of the Earth and have destroyed it.

Convincing people that this isn't heaven and never could be has led to them having free reign over its resources and land.
edit on 19-2-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Alright, but what about the kingdom of the dead then? Isn't it that instead of heaven?

It reminds me of a song by Nirvana: ...." lalala, they don't go to heaven where the angels cry.." ?

Hades/sjeool. Maybe I should look it up myself. I find it kinda hard to believe you, although your avatar is quite cool.

WAAAAh
edit on 19-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Sheol isn't a "kingdom" of the dead; it's the place of the dead. It's where the dead reside until Judgment Day.

Oh and thanks for the compliments on the avatar.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Is it waiting as if it's some sort of sentient being? I don't think so. Does it exist? Absolutely!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

As of right now, Hell does not exist but Heaven does. Everyone who dies who is saved will go to Heaven upon dying. Everyone who is not saved goes to Hades/Sheol until Judgment Day.

It seems the Scriptures disagree with you. How did you come to this conclusion?

Prior to the coming of Christ, everyone who died went to Sheol to await Judgment.

Agreed.

Despite what those who are not educated in the teachings of the Bible think, Hell and Hades/Sheol are NOT the same place.

That's my understanding as well:

The Hebrew word Sheol and the Greek word Hades were often used by the Jews to refer in general to "the abode of the dead." These words are sometimes loosely translated into English as "hell" (e.g., in the King James Version of the Bible), however, in these instances, the word may refer to either the abode of the damned or the abode of the just, or it may broadly refer to both. Similarly, the Greek words Phulake and Paradaiso may be translated as "hell."

and

Hebrew Sheol and Greek Hades, Phulake, and Paradaiso, which are sometimes translated as "hell," the Greek words Gehenna and Tartarosas —also translated as "hell"—mean strictly "the abode of the damned." Of the thirteen times the word "hell" is mentioned in the Bible, twelve of these are translated from Gehenna. Eleven of these instances are quotations from Jesus himself.

So it is clear to distinguish between the two, as they are clearly different; but to say Hell doesn't exist is false. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

As of right now, Hell does not exist but Heaven does. Everyone who dies who is saved will go to Heaven upon dying. Everyone who is not saved goes to Hades/Sheol until Judgment Day.

It seems the Scriptures disagree with you. How did you come to this conclusion?

Actually Scripture doesn't. For instance, in that group of verses you posted, the first one is Luke 16:22 which according to the 'DRA' translation, which obviously isn't very popular, it reads:

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom. And the rich man also died: and he was buried in hell.

But if you check other translations, more accurate ones, you see it says:

"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.

The actual word there is HADES, not HELL. That's a mistranslation. The Aramaic Bible reads "Sheol" where the DRA (and a few other translations) read "Hades" or "Hell."

Hades is NOT Hell, though. The place of the dead is not the same as the place of eternal damnation. Sheol/Hades is temporary. Hell is not.

This is the problem with English translations. Some translations substitute whatever they wish. That's why it's best to get a Strong's Concordance and cross reference the actual Greek or Hebrew texts with the translations.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
I'm not saying, hell, has a consciousness, but you know what I mean. What you don't know what I mean is, is hell waiting? or better, the Fire.

I thought I read the dead are brought up into the kingdom of the dead, awaiting the judgement for them to be brought then to 'paradise' (?right) or the Fire.

This is just for discussing the story in a book called the bible. Think/believe of it what you will.

Great, do you understand my question?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Thx, Angle.

Hell is your creation, if you imagine yourself bound to a rock and vultures pick out your liver everyday at 4:00PM then that is your fate. You have no idea your imagination creates your afterlife experience (not forever just until you cry UNCLE). Why do you not think it is drilled into the Taliban members--"you will experience 70 virgins" they know something the Westerners do not. If they think it without question it will be so. NOT FOR LONG HOWEVER. Maybe an hour and then everything gets real (idiots hoodwinked into killing themselves and other innocents). There is no Real place called Hell; it exists within your fear base notions. So, STOP IT. It is not real, you are the star of your own movie, try and make it the best one ever. You have the power to do it, in the same manner you may have created your own hell here on Earth why carry it over to your afterlife (which is the REAL REAL DEAL).
edit on 19-2-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join