It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypts Famous Belly Dancing Channel Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This is really good excercise.

I imagine it would be. It looks like it takes a lot of effort. I certainly couldnt' do it!
What I don't get is the GIANT LEAP that the Egyptian government took .. from this dance which is cultural and art in form, to it suddenly promoting prostitution ...
I find that odd.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I imagine it would be. It looks like it takes a lot of effort. I certainly couldnt' do it!

You could do it, it just takes a lot of practice working on muscle control/isolation and balance. There's also the mental aspect to it, sometimes the hips are moving to a different beat than the upper body.

Originally posted by FlyersFanWhat I don't get is the GIANT LEAP that the Egyptian government took .. from this dance which is cultural and art in form, to it suddenly promoting prostitution ...
I find that odd.

There is an American belly dancer that had been on the channel and she stated that it was the personal ads that the channel ran on the bottom of the screen that brought that accusation (that statement was after the owner was arrested last year for the same charge).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join