It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so *THIS* is why the pope resigns! [from the new york times!]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

Wow!! I skimmed over this post earlier and misread it (or mis-interpreted it). What you've posted is a fantastic piece of philosophy!

Not too many people out there "get it", but you seemingly do. As a physicist, I am not what one you would consider to be a loyal church-going man, but I do believe in God. I won't go into the why's and wheretofore's now, but suffice to say that many of the great physicists and scholars of old became theologians for a reason.

Most people's perception of "God" is almost nanometric in perspective. He / she / it, is perceived as a singularity by the masses. Nothing could be further from the truth. When you step back and look at the dynamics of the universe, the laws of physics and all the nuances of "being", one cannot help but think that some devine intervention had to have been at the root of it all. Individually we can isolate, and calculate, almost unimaginable things, but each day we learn about a physical universe, bounded by rules which we can only hope to grasp, which humbles any who study it.

Good post!

edit on 2/17/2013 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by DarknStormy
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next pope is the last.. This religious entity is about done..

I wouldn't count on that. They're "too big to fail".

(Revelation 18:7, 8) . . .For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I love how arrogant you are to say that some people "get" God and others don't. Just because a person does not follow your trend doesn't mean they are any closer or further away from the truth than you.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

This made me smile.

Do you think this will be the last poop?

Muahahahahaha

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think he's an old, sick, guy. I think being the previous Popes 'trouble shooter' probably took a lot out of him. I think when they offered him job, he probably figured that he might as well do it since he probably was the only guy who knew what was going on. I am glad there is a Catholic Churches in the World. I am glad there are Mosques in the World, I am glad there are Temples in the World. I am glad there are mountain tops under clear night skies (My church!) I was a Catholic for a long time. I went to Catholic school for 8 years. I am Pagan now.
So what? What faith is, it is a personal thing between the Soul and it's Creator, nothing more. Religion was a bad idea to start with! The Mysterious Hand of the Divine doesn't need to leave post-it notes
Anyway, as it is said, 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone', hope I got that right. If I look at what this man did across the breadth of his life, I believe he has earned a slight rest before he takes that long journey we ALL must take some day. And I wish him well.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase
And I wish him well.

Actually, it would be better if we hung him for crimes against humanity.

Like all the other criminals.

Do you approve of paedophilia too?

Must be catholic.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Oh if only it were true! But alas, ITCCS is nothing more than a pipe dream of a defrocked 'Reverend', who hopes no one will notice the bogus signature on the bogus 'warrant'... written by a man who fancies himself the President of the Republic of Kanata. Apparently the country I live in and love, no longer exists... thanks to Kevin Annett. And why??? all because he says so? The poor people who buy this garbage and who have actually tried to enforce said warrants (while Kevin hides in his house monitoring his 'donate' button) will get a rude awakening to find out they've been part of a LOOOOOOONG con.

See the mounting evidence here: www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join