It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Melbourne, Australia: Three Bright Orbs [VIDEO]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Even if caught in a mild gust of wind? Or a thermal?

Maybe it is after effects...The thing at 1.52 just looks like an insect.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I expanded. I realized I was not explicit enough. Please see my edit.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep, saw it, and understood.

Also, the problem we have here is anyone who does send a genuine video is only going to have theirs added to the volumes of hoaxes he has on his channel.

Lame-o.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

It's a fairly recent trend:
"Anonymous submission. What do you think?"
Subtext: "Not me. I didn't do it. But I'll gladly take the clicks."
UFO "believers" should be outraged by this crap instead of encouraging it.

edit on 2/10/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm with you 100%.

And I am outraged. Firstly, because it makes this type of evidence so unreliable.

Secondly, because it is Chinese New Year and I was fooled by a possible lantern last night. I even posted a thread about it, but it was quickly determined to be a lantern, which I found hard to disagree with.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

UFO "Believers"... -Seeing is believing.

I'm still by no means an expert at critiquing UFO videos, but the videos you linked were pretty obvious aftereffects.
This video is not so obvious compared to many CGI fakes.
You're probably right with this one, but how are you completely sure this is an intentional hoax?

And on your comment on outrage... Well man, once you have seen something of high strangeness, you kind of already know "something" is going on. These videos, even when proven fake, only serve are representations of a real phenomena.

Shame on hoaxters, but outrage? Meh, it's a cry for attention. But as far as us at the Church of Seeing Strange Things go... You might as well make a hoax video of someone eating an apple, it doesn't make every apple a fictional fruit...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

You might as well make a hoax video of someone eating an apple, it doesn't make every apple a fictional fruit...

True.
But it doesn't help if what you are trying to do is provide evidence. I realize that there are many who are convinced by their own experiences. You will not find me disputing personal accounts other than by offering "mundane" explanations if I can. But I would be outraged by someone attempting to profit by hoaxing something real to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So this is another hoax?

I have scoured these threads for a while now and every video I have seen so far has been shown to be a hoax or mistaken like a lens flare.

I believed at one time in them but every time I see faked footage and hoaxes like this it kills the idea more and more. I am part of the group that feels hoaxed footage only hurts the UFO community.

All I can say is that I haven’t seen convincing footage yet.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Thanks, interesting stuff from your freind.

I dont think these lights are from Chinese Lanterns haha,
maybe someone who knows will weigh in soon.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Yes my thoughts exactly, there is a large Chinese Vietnamese Population in Melbourne....Look like Chinese lanterns too me too.

You can't make little airborne fires and let them fly around in Australia in the middle of Summer and get away with it. If that were the case, the media would be telling everyone how stupid it is to do.

I've seen these things a couple of times. Once I filmed one, and although it didn't turn out too good, I did capture another one doing a low, high speed pass similar to this one.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

You can't make little airborne fires and let them fly around in Australia in the middle of Summer and get away with it. If that were the case, the media would be telling everyone how stupid it is to do.

Rather a good point mate.
And the news outlets surely would be posting
lantern videos all day long if they were allowed.

Thanks for the pics and video!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FartyMeBurpy

Maybe they know this is chinas new year and this is why

they show up more, you know to blend in with the lanterns ???????????????????

so people on sites like this can just put it down to

ITS LANTERNS

I also think this is another reason for them to have lights like planes

again to blend in

so people on sites like this one(but not as good as this one)

say ITS A PLANE CANT YOU SEE THE BLINKING LIGHTS??????????????
edit on 11/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
If something is smart enough to make the journey they wouldn’t turn on colored lights for no reason and hover around.

Unless they were cocky and knew there'd be little we could do about it. I'm not saying this is a UFO, but if they were so advanced and KNEW they were centuries or more ahead of us, who's to say they would be incapable of flaunting it?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Descending, always descending...

Its quite a regular sight to see skydivers parachute into St Kilda beach.
Would not be at all surprised to learn this is just another jump at dusk, with flares.

skydivethebeach

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by gort51
Yes my thoughts exactly, there is a large Chinese Vietnamese Population in Melbourne....Look like Chinese lanterns too me too.

I've seen these things a couple of times. Once I filmed one, and although it didn't turn out too good, I did capture another one doing a low, high speed pass similar to this one.

You would think that would be the case, but for some reason it seems authorities seem very reluctant to ban the sale of these devices - at least here in BC where summer forest fires can also be quite devastating. There was a fire fighter on the news several years ago saying that these lanterns pose a real fire hazard. But nothing has been done. Either they are afraid of offending ethnic communities and other "fire lantern" enthusiasts or maybe the risk is somewhat exaggerated since the lanterns generally stay high in the air until the fire burns out (at which time they are no longer a fire risk obviously).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I do not know what to make of it but I have always wondered why a would aliens travel all the way here then be dumb enough to fly around with the lights on so everyone could see. If something is smart enough to make the journey they wouldn’t turn on colored lights for no reason and hover around.

I don't think for one second this is of alien origin but your statement intrigued me. What would make you think that aliens from far far away would give a darn weither or not you saw there lights? What makes you so sure that being incognito is such a priority? Because we as a species have decided that we haven't figured it out yet that that means they're trying to remain secret? I mean really....

Aside from that.. What if... And this is a big what if... But maybe it was some space dudes drinkin' some petron like substance that didn't say, "Hey, I'm so ripped man, let's go looks at these ants over in sector 13547"? You don't know that do you?

I'm not saying this is alien. Personally it doesn't hold any criteria of it being alien except the fact that it's unidentified. But your reasoning sucks...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I also think this is another reason for them to have lights like planes

again to blend in

so people on sites like this one(but not as good as this one)

say ITS A PLANE CANT YOU SEE THE BLINKING LIGHTS??????????????
edit on 11/2/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Man we are such a narcissistic race.....

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So this is another hoax?

I have scoured these threads for a while now and every video I have seen so far has been shown to be a hoax or mistaken like a lens flare.

I believed at one time in them but every time I see faked footage and hoaxes like this it kills the idea more and more. I am part of the group that feels hoaxed footage only hurts the UFO community.

All I can say is that I haven’t seen convincing footage yet.

Amen to that brother....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join