It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 year old hostage free!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A seven-year-old Lebanese boy taken hostage in Iraq last week has been released by his captors.

Mohammed Hamad, whose family have lived in Iraq for 30 years, was seized by an unidentified group while on his way to school in Diyala region, eastern Iraq.

He was set free at 9am(GMT).

"We are a poor family and we love Iraq," Mr Hamad told the Associated Press.

He described Mohammed as a clever child who enjoyed playing chess and is fascinated by computers.

Although a ransom had to be paid I am so glad this child is free, I think taking child hostages is about as low as you can go.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Do I think it is right to pay for the release of hostages? In this case, damn right I do!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The fact these loser are kidnapping little Arab kids and holding them for money pretty much dirties their "holy" war.

Im glad they released him though, though i hope to god they catch them and return the money to the family.

these people are SICK.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
First off let me say that kidnapping of kids or anyone for that matter is disgusting. But...

The fact these loser are kidnapping little Arab kids and holding them for money pretty much dirties their "holy" war.

I doubt the ones who kidnapped him are fighting a holy war. They are just criminals of opportunity looking for quick cash....the ones doing the kidnapping for money are not the same ones doing the kidnappings and demanding countries leave Iraq or the US release those detained.

But, both groups should be strung up from the nearest tree!

[edited to fix my silly spelling mistake]

[edit on 29-10-2004 by sensfan]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
bet you don't see THAT on Al-Jazeera
neither do other Arabs...

join