It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: gosseyn

is there a point to this thread ?

Yeah, you never see normal people trying to force a steak down a vegetarian's throat, but you sure can find a lot of preachy, prostyletizing vegans running around the place.

It seems kind of self-defeating on both counts from a purely logical standpoint. The higher demand for a good, the higher the prices go. If I was a vegan, I'd be out there lobbying for more meat and less salads to be eaten just to cut my wallet a break. Similarly, I love vegans! I wish 95% of the country ate nothing but tofu and smeat... the reduced hunting pressure and fishing pressure would probably be so great the law would permit me two moose, 10 'bous, a dozen bears, God only knows how many salmon, and I could likely even afford an annual bison and musk ox hunt in that type of world!

So go vegan, everyone! Only you can help position me to be butchering animals 12 months out of the year!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Personally, I wish I didn't have to eat, but to survive in this world you do. That's a fact of life.

A plant is alive, it's healthy, reached it's prime and ready to spread it's love all over the neighborhood with offspring and you come along, cut it at the base and smother that sucker in butter. You gotta kill it if you want to live.

A cow is alive, it's healthy, reached it's prime and ready to bring another cow into this world. You come along, shoot it and smother that sucker in steak sauce. You gotta kill it if you want to live.

To be honest, we are all vampires. We have to consume life if we want to keep on living ourselves. You cannot survive in this world unless you consume the life force of other living things. Be they plants or animals.

Once you come to understand that, you'll be asking someone to pass the steak sauce and butter....

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mrwupy

Once you come to understand that, you'll be asking someone to pass the steak sauce and butter....

That had to be one of the best written statements ever when it comes to being an omnivore!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I personally believe modern humanity, especially in the west, has lost the important connection with their food. I grew up hunting, butchering, and processing game and livestock. The fact that these "OMG, How gross! Hidden video footage from inside slaughterhouse will make you never eat meat again!" videos impact people who presently eat meat is a pathetic commentary proving that connection has been lost. Meat processing isn't glamorous and it is a messy thing. Sometimes (always depending on which animal) you run into parasites and squirmies and such.

I actually enjoy taking a first timer red salmon fishing because the initial reaction to slicing open a red belly to find a gut full of nematode worms that look like a cup of fettuchine is a great barometer of how solid an outdoorsman that person can become. I'd say a healthy reaction is along the lines of "Wow, It'll be awhile before I have sushi again! What temperature do I need to achieve to kill these in the fillets?" An unhealthy reaction is "Here, you take these. I don't think I can ever touch salmon again." Personally, as with all the stuff I saw butchering hogs, rabbits, chickens, deer, and elk as a kid, it has no impact on me anymore. Food's food. After you've processed 50 salmon in an afternoon, filleting and vacuum sealing them all, and mindlessly flicked any worms you see out of the fillets, you have a real connection with that food. You've caught it, killed it, processed it, will consume it, and the whole way you've shown respect to the animal and are ensuring that it will be fully used. Same for any animal. Going to the supermarket and grabbing a pack of steaks, if you're from the average American background and have no experience butchering and processing meat, there exists no connection to that.

I guess some might consider this some sort of "'spiritual savage" attitude, but I think it goes beyond just meat. If you've ever grown your own garden, you understand the connections. If you've ever hiked 5 or 6 miles up a valley to harvest a few gallons of wild blueberries, you understand the connections. If you've ever made your own hooch from scratch or even collected your own yeast from the air to make a sourdough starter, you understand the connections. There's a simplistic beauty to be found in it and, if I'm fully honest, I think it's a lot less barbaric than the standard modern practice of grabbing an already made meal from the supermarket, popping it into a microwave, and wolfing it down without even thinking of the processes involved that took that food from seed/birth stage to the table.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Been a vegetarian for more than 3 years now. The reason: it is harmful to consume the death of the animal and its negative frequencies than to absorb the positive frequencies of life giving plants.

It is scientific fact that animals can communicate with one another (inter species) so guess what them poor defenseless cows be mooing about on their way to slaughter? Hopefully, cursing the evil humans about to murder them and giving warning of what's to come. Maybe it's also kinda like how slaves would sing their songs of hope or sorrow, while being whipped into submission or picking the cotton or tobaccy. Who knows, but meat is gross and riddled with pathogens and earth bound vibrations.

And guess what else...? I've not been ill for more than a day or two, since becoming a vegetarian! Even when my friend and i came down with the flu? at the same time, he was sick for 3 weeks, when I was over mine on day 3.

Yay being a frugivore!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeeReeS

It is scientific fact that animals can communicate with one another (inter species) so guess what them poor defenseless cows be mooing about on their way to slaughter? Hopefully, cursing the evil humans about to murder them and giving warning of what's to come.

I personally don't care if they're singing, "We shall overcome some day."

You have to eat living matter to survive in this world. Be it plant or animal.

You...Yes YOU....kill plants and eat them at the prime of their life. You consume their raw naked flesh so that you may keep on breathing and talking about how terrible it is that the rest of us do they exact same thing with a juicy, tender and succulent T-Bone steak.

Dude, I'm having serious trouble with your argument here.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

It's not an argument! In fact, if you check out:This Link!, you will see what changed my life and pulled the lightbulb chain and awakened me to this new way of life. As well as se the truth. Forget about the name that's been associated with the man, which, is a falsity, and focus on the teaching. Like cold turkey, I quit meat in an instant. It will reveal much to those whom can stand alone in the darkness and not be overcome by it.

Hopefully, to the point of elevating ones consciousness and frequency.

...can you argue with a dead man?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SeeReeS

No, I can't argue with a dead man. That would be rather futile.

Can you accept he's dead?

Trust me I have studied the teachings of Jesus. Both of my parents were Pentecostal ministers and i was not only raised in the church, I actually lived inside it.

Jesus was a Charles Manson on steroids, an absolute lunatic. If any Christian would actually read what he taught, they would see that too.

Most don't hear his teachings though, they just go with the idea that's what they should believe.

Sheep to the slaughter....

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I only eat the ones that taste good.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss I was raised in the BLUE EYED GOSPELL era. Methodist,you are judged by your Church Clothing back then.
Jesus and God HAVE kept me alive when I know I should have died a few times.
I don't require others to believe me and I don't understand the concerted effort to shoot such ideas down.
Its an objective experience.
AIN'T no sheep either.
edit on 31-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yes, we do.

I'm also teaching my children how to properly respect the animal that will feed us this winter, how to properly care for the animal after the hunt, and how to properly cook up some gluten free pan fried moose heart. A moose heart that brought us back to the earth as the focal point of an entire meal harvested by my family's hands within three days.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We could use an experienced hand! It's my husband and I working on this beast and he had to go back to work today.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat , and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.

The above quote is from Leonardo Da Vinci

Its amazing how most of the posters on this thread have seemed to delight in pointing out they eat other sentient beings, given that the OP is either an awesome troll or vegetarian most posts just seem rude.

While I am a massive carnivore I do posses enough empathy to realise its wrong, I wanna stop but I cant.

I'm with you. I eat meat, but I feel ashamed. I do minimize, but I still eat it. I'm a flawed creature. It's a sort of original sin.

I support growing meat in machine factories. They will use cell cultures to reproduce it and machines to grow it. I also support Quorn and other meat-substitutes. I also know that the protein in Oats, according to lab research, is the same quality as you'll find in milk or meat. Now, Oats might not give you as much or give you b12 or other nutrients, but it's something to keep in mind. Grains are vastly cheaper and reduce our greenhouse gas footprint. But we generally need to eat meat to get specific nutrients. It just happens to be vastly easier to get them from meat. And that's exactly the best evidence we've been eating meat for a very long time.

EDIT: Make sure you eat WHOLE grains. It's safe and simple. Research shows if you want the benefits often touted it needs to be:
www.livescience.com - 'Cereal Fibers' May Help You Live Longer...

Note: Oat bran isn't the whole grain, but according to the study above, it should still give you most or all of the benefits.
edit on 31-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Eight signs that your healthy eating is making you sick

healthblog.dallasnews.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
Yes, we do.

I'm also teaching my children how to properly respect the animal that will feed us this winter, how to properly care for the animal after the hunt, and how to properly cook up some gluten free pan fried moose heart. A moose heart that brought us back to the earth as the focal point of an entire meal harvested by my family's hands within three days.

You cannot "properly respect" a sentient being that you kill and eat. At least stop lying to yourself.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

What does Moose taste like, and is that your curing shed?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
We love their savor so much.....get your bow and quiver....fetch me some venison and sovory

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bad news for vegetarians

damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Thus is life.
edit on 2/1/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm not lying to myself.

Do you know what it is to eat the food that has been grown, fished, harvested or hunted by your own hand?

It is so much more important and connected than buying some random bag or box off of the grocery shelf. Even buying produce compared to growing and nurturing that plant from start to finish is a huge difference. I don't feel so bad about the few lettuce leaves left over from our salad right now, the bunnies will love them.

My garden produce however is treated completely differently. Things that were harvested were eaten and enjoyed more thoroughly. What was left was either dehydrated or canned. We waste less when we understand the work behind harvesting our own food. And we avoid waste to begin with.

The same is to be said for our lovely tender moose. She, yes she, was harvested from an area that the population is overrunning itself. The animals are so densely populated that her size was two years smaller than it should have been. The biologist that we talked to told us that as he held her jawbone in his hand. There are so many moose that they are being senselessly run over by commuters on their way to work. The hunt was by a special permit to help manage the population, to keep it healthy.

There is far less waste as well. I am unable to use the bones for bone broth when I buy my meat at the store, unless I purchase those as well. Which further adds money to the pockets of the people that do mistreat animals to bring them to market. Have you ever been to a feed lot? I am also not able to access the sinew and other by products of the animal.

Do you fish? What kind of protein do you eat? How was it processed? Who harvested it? Was it sustainably grown? Is it harvested and processed by near slave labor? Are you bettering anyone's life when you eat food?

We are humans that have to sustain ourselves somehow. Don't call me a liar because I choose to harvest and process my own food. Until you understand that life gives itself to sustain us always, you apparently have no respect for the process. I'm not about to say that plant life is sentient, but it is life. It is that life force which sustains us, be it plant or animal.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's my shed actually. I took that picture while we were butchering.
It's not much of a curing shed, but it was clean and cool enough to hang our moose for a few days.

Moose is tasty, not as gamey as an elk or a deer. Slightly sweet too from all of the willow they eat. I have had moose with a slightly piney taste before when harvested from a predominantly spruce forest. They are also a very lean meat.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join