It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Large Weapons Cache Found In Mans Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Local police arrested a man with a large Cache of weapons in his home. The weapons were more powerful than the typical home arsenal and appeared ready for use. Laureno had made threats to local government agencies and officials said there was no early evidence linking this to a terrorist plot.

www.katu.com
Inside Laureno's home, police found a fully loaded .50 caliber anti-aircraft weapon that was pointed right out at the street through a window.

The weapon, which is over five feet long and weighs almost 130 pounds, is capable of blasting out between 400 and 550 rounds a minute and accurately hitting a target 2,500 yards away.

The weapon is meant to bring down enemy aircraft.

Next to that weapon was another .50 caliber machine gun that was also ready to fire.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While it is quite possible this was just a local drug dealer preparing for a police standoff, we cannot be too sure. With the recent tape saying there will be blood flowing in the streets, this certainly is a troubling story.

Look at the size of the ammo compared to an ordinary weapon. And to think, this weapon is capable of firing over 400 rounds a minute. With Halloween just around the corner and kids and parents lining the streets, how many of these gunners around the country would it take to cause panic?

[edit on 29-10-2004 by dcgolf]

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have a rather sizeable (yet legal and registered) cache of weapons myself
If I could find a weapon like that .50 cal don't think I wouldn't buy it lol. Maybe he just wants to be prepared for the NWO henchmen when they come to take his freedoms away or maybe to blast the greys out of the sky the next time they come to abduct him lol. Something tells me that this guy was probably just a bit paranoid and/or liked guns.

join