It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama... I think you have other things to be concerned with!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Looks Legit!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Great... So what is next no more MMA its to violent? These football players get paid out the ass to hit eat other and run around, wtf are they suppose to do.

How about fix our country and stop worrying about football for F sake.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think Obama is taking Chief Executive to mean Executive of everything. Errr... He was a Constitutional instructor but I'm thinking that teaching the limits wasn't a real highlight of the class.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Omg, Obama has an irrelevant opinion on the future of a sport i don't even like. For shame!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Reading this thread... you guys realize he is not trying to change football?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

You actually bring up a good point.

Obama is directing the narrative towards hunting.

Not home protection.
Not against a tyrannical government.

He shifts the narrative so that we focus on what he wants to talk about. He focuses in on sports injuries. And immediately wants to change the rules.

With guns, he says we can still hunt, but that was not the only reason to promote a 2nd Amendment.

It's all about controlling the narrative.
edit on 27-1-2013 by beezzer because: spelling

Thats amazing. Even when Obama makes an argument for guns, you are still mad because he didn't make all of the arguments.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I still feel, with 100 percent certainty, that the only reason Obama was elected once, let alone a second time...was because he has the attention of the portion of our country that doesn't pay attention to what is going on in foreign lands, domestically or economically. I'm not a Republican...and from the moment Obama was elected I would say I've no longer been a democrat. I have begun to pay much closer attention to what is going on in my country, as well as outside of it...and I've noticed a trend with this president...that being if I myself didn't go out of my way to gain knowledge, I'd never learn anything from him. In his fifth year and he is more concerned about March Madness office pools, "football" injuries (that occur in every sport, but most frequently in hockey), telling me how dangerous my inanimate firearm is, and ignoring the fact that he continues to drive the economy further and further into the ground while claiming to be giving tax breaks, cutting spending, etc....but everyone enjoy his 48 hour inauguration party, and pay raises for his pals... In Obama's world, there are NO important issues...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Reading this thread... you guys realize he is not trying to change football?

Executive Privelege. He'll change any dang thing he wants. This is no Democracy, it's a Republic.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

The players know the risk when they step on that field. It is not up to Barry to dictate how the game of football can be played. I am all for using technology to make the effects of impact less damaging to the head and body but, changing how the sport is played.....don't think so.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I believe that he could have found something a bit more pressing then talking about football. I swear they could have put a town idiot in as president and they would have done a better job then Obama has done so far. Shoot my cat could run the US better then Obama is doing. What type of changes is he planning for the Football games? Planning on bubble wrapping everyone? Or maybe instead of using a football they will use a pink stuffed bunny rabbit.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I saw this coming at least a couple of months ago when they started talking about "player safety" and it became an ongoing theme all across the MSM. That's pretty much a surefire sign that it's propaganda aimed squarely at laying the groundwork for something that's coming soon.

Another wonderful gift brought to you by Obamacare and greedy insurance companies who demand your business but hate to provide the service they're advertising.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Is he kidding?

First it's lawsuits by players that didn't know that the game was dangerous to play, and they could "shudder" get hurt. Then it's the controversy surrounding some ref, then it's (insert next ludicrous thing here) and now this?

What the heck? Carlin said it best, Football is a WAR, we go to see the serious injuries.........

Leave the injured on the field, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I think he brings up some valid points. Every president since I was born (1968) has been asked to comment on sports. Yes I agree there are serious problems in the world.. and he should be focused on those. There is nothing out of line seeking the Presidents opinion on the NFL heading into Super Bowl week. The NFL has a serious problem with these huge lawsuits being brought by 2000 current and former players as well as the news last week the Seau family filed a lawsuit against the NFL. I really hate the Ravens and especially Benard Pollard but he made a good point when asked about this and I think he is right. There will be no NFL in 30 years. The risk to the brain is too extreme and starts at too early an age. This is a multi billion dollar business and there are thousands of Americans who depend on the NFL to make ends meet. It is no different than if he was asked about GE or Chevy or Exxon.
edit on 28-1-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It's not his fingers that he needs to pull out of somewhere.
Although I don't see how it fits, considering most of the Democratic party have their heads up there too.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
This thread is pathetic. Obama was asked a question and he answered it.

Football is a dangerous sport due to all the constant head injuries...basketball is much safer. I'd rather my kid play that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
This thread is pathetic. Obama was asked a question and he answered it.

The question was obviously staged so that he could make his comment. I'd be surprised if anything this man is involved in is spontaneous.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

I think he brings up some valid points. Every president since I was born (1968) has been asked to comment on sports.

Sidenote....Roosevelt is credited with "saving" football after an increasing number of players died on the field and colleges around the country began banning the sport.

President Roosevelt saves the game. . .

Strange as it may seem, high school football, college football, and even the Super Bowl might not exist today if President Theodore Roosevelt had not taken a hand in preserving the game. As originally played on college campuses, the game was extremely rough, including slugging, gang tackling and unsportsmanlike behavior. Quite a number of players died (18 in just the year 1905 alone, with 20 times fewer players than there are today). Interest in becoming a football player was declining!

But Roosevelt saw merit in the game. It built bodies and could build character, a sense of team and never giving up. Ten of the Rough Riders, the soldiers who fought with him in Cuba, gave their occupations as football players when they enlisted in 1898.

So in 1905, President Roosevelt summoned representatives of the Big Three (Harvard, Yale and Princeton, the universities who first played the game and who also set the rules of play) to the White House. In his best table-thumping style, Theodore Roosevelt convinced them that the rules needed to be changed to eliminate the foul play and brutality.

As a result, the American Football Rules Committee was formed and, in 1906, plays designed to open up the game and make it less dangerousd to play were introduced. Some of the changes made included:

the introduction of the forward pass,
the distance to be gained for a first down increased from five to ten yards,
all mass formations and gang tackling were banned.
Football became less dangerous to play, injuries and deaths decreased, and it became more fun to watch.

www.theodoreroosevelt.org...

edit on 28-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All the fake outrage people have over Obama is hilarious.

You would think these people think Obama is a King and is solely responsible for solving all problems in this country.

Reality Check...you should really be pissed off at the GOP controlled House and GOP fillibuster happy Senate for gridlocking this country and not getting anything done.

But oh no....Obama comments on a current issue on the nations most popular sport and people freak out.

At least this give us the opportunity to see which people to not take seriously and write off not so intelligent when they manufacture this fake outrage (or worse, just parrot it from Right Wing media).

So thanks to all of you claiming outrage, at least we know not to take you seriously anymore.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Will his "answer" change the way football is played? Will his "answer" save football players lives? Does his "answer" fix this Country? At least he answered it. Im 100% sure he couldn't answer any question revolving around Syria, Fast and Furious, Kill List, etc......... REAL ISSUES.

He answered the questions he was asked? And apparently you are too eager to jump on the obama-bash wagon to read the interview where he does answer questions on "real issues"?

Not really interested in deliberate ignorance...Here again is the link to the full interview.
www.newrepublic.com...

And honestly it looks to me that the right wing has adopted the same method of inquiry on F&F etc. as they did with his birth certificate. Ignore when a question is answered...ask again and pretend it wasn't answered.

We knew more about Benghazi a month after it happened than we knew about the WMDs in Iraq years after we invaded.

The right wing doesn't want answers about those things. they want to ask the "questions"...and I use those quotation marks delibertly.

I used to do a good deal of research on F&F, Benghazi etc thinking that ATSers on the right actually wanted answers....until I realized that when I answered a question...those that asked were not listening...there is a tonnage of information on those issues...every question that could be asked has been fully investigated and answered, often by multiple committees, reports etc. both internal and external...partisan left and right and non-partisan...

It is the birther mentality applied to real world issues. It is the "questions" they love to ask...but hate to have answered.
edit on 28-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

It is the birther mentality applied to real world issues. It is the "questions" they love to ask...but hate to have answered.

Yes, it is willfull ignorance, and it is rampant in the Right Wing anti-Obama world.

One question during an entire press conference was somehow justified to create an entire thread just to cry about it. He spent all of 1-2 minutes talking about football...and people in this thread seem to be loosing their minds about it.

And yet, when he discusses serious issues like Gun Control, Healthcare, Immigration, and Gay Rights...they also loose their minds because he is trying to "destroy America" with his logical and sensible solutions to real world issues.

These people can't be pleased, everything that comes out of them is fake outrage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join