It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY gun control law is working already, 9 Days Without Murder!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well not exactly.. It's too cold in NY so murders had been postponed until further notice.

It is time for a meaningful action to keep everyone safe. And now we have scientific data which proves that cold weather makes NYC safer.

Call your congressman and demand action to ban the frigging sun! For the children.

NYC Has 9 Days Without Murder, Thanks To Freezing Temps

Would-be killers are on ice—at least, that's the impression the police have. There hasn't been a murder in nine days through yesterday morning, and Police Commissioner Kelly said, "We’re rooting for more cold weather."

edit on 27-1-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
(takes on wise old man look)

Aye So.... I see. NYC is wise place run by wise man. Wise laws stop unwise killings! Peace in our time. (nods off to sleep and consider the #42 for awhile)

Now, back to reality .... How many "accidental deaths" happened over those nine days by mysterious penetrating injury caused by a shockingly small diameter objects of 'undetermined' origin? Or "trip and fall" accidents over building ledges or into icy waters. It's all in how something gets written up sometimes.

It's amazing how crime stats can be made to read like a crime wave about to tear the very fabric of society itself ...or Disneyland come to a city near you for peace and love between all, as if Heaven arrived. It's all in the politics of the day and men generating them, IMO.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Now, back to reality .... How many "accidental deaths" happened over those nine days by mysterious penetrating injury caused by a shockingly small diameter objects of 'undetermined' origin? Or "trip and fall" accidents over building ledges or into icy waters. It's all in how something gets written up sometimes.

Whoa! Total Information overload dude!

Hey can you believe Beyonce Lip-Sync National Anthem?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Watch for NY to drastically stop reporting gun deaths now.

Just like they have been doing in the UK since achieving their goal of disarming the citizens.

Clever trick to "support" that disarming citizens was the right thing to do.

Disarming citizens always fares badly for good citizens. But fares quite well for the dictators in charge and the criminals.

A battle for the minds of the People to fool them into being disarmed by the very Traitors in their midst.

Look to places such as the UK for what is being planned here in America. The same script in action. Its been played already. The final chapter of the script has been saved for America. Then the world will see that disarming the People was planned against them for nefarious reasons for which they will regret becoming disarmed...

edit on 27-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What would be better is Marshall law and keeping everyone locked up in their homes. It would also keep them from crossing into other states to get the dreaded "big gulp".

You know we are all making jokes about this, but it really isn't funny. They keep taking away more and more liberties. Because they are allowed to get away with it. So what will it be tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Yeah... That's about right, isn't it? The National Anthem and Band not even playing what they appeared to be playing sums it all up to prepare for stories like this doesn't it?

A phony nation with phony leaders pushing phony ideas they don't even believe themselves with phony stats to show phony results. Don't get me wrong.. Good catch on this and I'll have something to ask my retired NYPD friend when I next see him online. I'll be fascinated to hear how this one was pulled off.

He had confirmed that 'one day, murder free' during Sandy was real enough ...but as he noted himself, as he'd been working a side security thing in The Rockaways right after that, even the criminals were in full survival mode for their own next meal and warmth. No one had time to kill each other while saving themselves. This makes no sense though....with no such reasons to explain it.

Good catch tho.. I don't mean to imply it's not a great thread! it's important to see the good, bad and ugly, right?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Aren't most of their murders (involving a gun), committed by thugs killing thugs?

So they have 9 days less of the whole thug natural reduction process?

edit on 27-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I nearly dropped my coffee when I seen the heading... But don't you worry, they will use it to justify their gun control

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I nearly dropped my coffee when I seen the heading... But don't you worry, they will use it to justify their gun control

Please be careful when handling hot beverages.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Always.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wow, so murder is directly related to nice temperatures. So cold hearted killers are afraid of the cold.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah... That's about right, isn't it? The National Anthem and Band not even playing what they appeared to be playing sums it all up to prepare for stories like this doesn't it?

I hope you realized that I wasn't serious. I don't care about what the band was playing. I'm in a smart arss mode lately.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Of course....

I have a bad way of sounding harsh sometimes when I'm saying things half in jest. I used smilies more to help that at when I first came to ATS but got stomped in forums for that too...so heck.. I just try to make do with that real limitation of text discussion. Annoying sometimes isn't it?

(The specific points weren't so much in jest as the way I was trying to reply with them.. Sorry if it got taken wrong.)

top topics

join