It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun or Dog

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
And i dont mean a Yorkshire Terrier...i'm talking Huge Canine....

So if they take away your Pistolas, would you feel safe with one of them bear killer Dogs...cant remember the name of them but they bloody terrify me....Rotti's are girl pants dogs compared to these jaggy toothed monsters...Help needed in identifying said beastie..... .

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Agree. In any SHTF scenario big dogs would become extremely valuable. Doesn;t have to be the meanest, just mean enough. My neighbor's German Shepherd would fit the bill nicely. A cocker spaniel--not so much, that is, unless you got betweeen him and his dishwasher.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The russian prison dog...caucasian sheppard?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Your title says Gun or dog... if that is a question, then the answer is both. One wakes you up and the other defends you.

But if you wantem big doggie, these are supposed to work.

Rhodesian Ridgeback.

In another time they used them to hunt lions in Africa.

Rhodesian Ridgeback

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

WTF....Hahahahaha...I said Dog, not prehistoric Jackal beast.....that thing would probably Punch you to death...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Definitely depends on the type of dog. Our house was robbed 6 years ago while my golden retriever Ginger was "guarding" the premises.
We had a full box of Hostess Ho-Ho's on the kitchen counter. When we got home, we noticed Ginger was sound asleep in the kitchen and the box of Ho-Ho's was empty.

I think most Golden's don't have an ounce of meanness in them. Pet them and give them food and they're quite content. After feasting on Ho-Ho's she probably made friends with the robbers and gave them a tour of our house.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That dog looks like its part bear and part dog! Just the looks of that beast would have me wetting my pants.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Get a King Shepherd

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
If you want canine defence you cant go wrong with an English Mastiff or Dogue de bordeaux.

They are not aggressive dogs but they are very protective dogs. Their immense size and strength means a normal man isn't going to be able to overpower one.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would love one myself but my working life is not conducive to dog ownership at the moment.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
You want one of these:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

That's the beastie i was thinking about, though that big hairy russian monster above would batter it..

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
If you want canine defence you cant go wrong with an English Mastiff or Dogue de bordeaux.

They are not aggressive dogs but they are very protective dogs. Their immense size and strength means a normal man isn't going to be able to overpower one.

en.wikipedia.org...

I would love one myself but my working life is not conducive to dog ownership at the moment.

They live such a short time. And they seem prone to many health problems. I'd be sad to have a dog that only lived 5 or 6 years.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Don't be so quick to discount the small dogs. My yorkie can hear anything that goes on in the house, and has a piercing bark guranteed to wake me out of a sound sleep. I don't expect it to fight, just warn me and I'll take care of the situation.

SHTF, I would want a dog that has great hearing and a keen sense of smell. Maybe a beagle, Boston terrier, or something similar. The last thing I want is a dog that eats more than I do.
edit on 26-1-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
A red timber wolf should do the job! ...I also owned a very large Akita that people were very afraid off! Athugh he was sweet, he looked scary.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Do you mean the one on the left or the one on the right?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Dogs and guns, I keep both near and dear to me.
I would exterminate anyone who attempted to take either of them from me.
I would never use my dogs in the old world sense of a guard dog however, they are just an early warning system for security.
From there I would investigate and eat the bad guy.
My dogs are way too valuable to my well-being to ever risk them on fighting anything.
So, in short, they are both a neccesary element.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I have several of both.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

English Mastiffs are good but I like Neapolitan Mastiffs more , but all Mastiffs are very protective and amazingly intelligent . They are not for beginners and do have health problems related to aging .

But I dare you all to Google the Neapolitans on images and tell me those aren't the cutest faces you ever saw .

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Get a King Shepherd

Yep, my mother-in-law has one just like this... he is a big boy for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Check with your homeowners insurance company or be ready to play "hide the dog" if they come by.

The sad truth is many (likely most) now have a list of dog breeds they consider dangerous. If you have one of these they either will not insure or will drop you if you get one and they find out.

The most common banned breeds by insurance companies are - well - most any type of dog you would get for protection. Some even go so far as to ban ANY mixed breed dog. I've even seen lists with labs on then.

As one insurance agent told me, "Frogs - you could have a house full of AK-47s and I could write you a policy, but I can't write a policy if you have a doberman.."

Sometimes they will even Cancel the policy of k-9 LEOs

I hate to say this, because I love dogs, but if you want insurance its easier by far to get with a gun than a dog.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join