It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: 100,00 Excess Civilian Iraqi Deaths Since War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

LONDON (Reuters) - Tens of thousands of Iraqis have been killed in violence since the U.S.-led invasion last year, American public health experts have calculated in a report that estimates there were 100,000 "excess deaths" in 18 months.

www.reuters.com...

www.reuters.com...

Well, the last time i read anything about the amount of iraqis that have died was a couple of months ago and it was only at 10,000 then. This is probably estimating the deaths overall while the other source is just adding up all the iraqis deaths stated by the media, and of course the media wouldnt mention the civilian casualties caused by the Americans, and not other Iraqis. Also notice how this is considered a "conservative" assumption, so there may be much more and how "The use of air power in areas with lots of civilians appears to be killing a lot of women and children." Even though the world is, without a doubt, much better without Saddam Hussein, was this really worth it considering how even though Saddam killed thousands of people at once sometimes, he probably hasnt killed as much people during his entire reign as Americans have within 18 months?

Edit- changed link. it should work now + added another similiar one

[edit on 28-10-2004 by AlienS]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am glad to see this topic raised, I would add only that there are folks in Iraq that haven't had power or clean water in two years now. We wonder why they hate us when the 12 billion dollars speficily appropriated to get their power and water up and running again got spent on 'security' concerns instead. Not to mention depleted Uranium is going to be killing them for thousands of years after the fact, depleted uranium that we have already stated that we have no intentions of cleaning up. Thats one damn fine democracy we laid on those folks.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The site does not work...

Deep

new topics

join