It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Gun-grabbers Target Bolt-action Firearms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Australian Gun-grabbers Target Bolt-action Firearms

Australian gun-grabbers are now targeting one shot and bolt-action rifles, stating that it only takes “one bullet” to kill somebody. “Remember that 90 per cent of gun deaths have nothing to do with mass killings,” Alpers told the ABC. “They’re actually suicides and domestic violence, and it only takes one bullet in a domestic violence incident.”

Alpers and other anti-firearms activists reveal the underhanded incrementalism of gun control. The gun-grabbers say they are only interested in ridding society of military-styled weapons and want to protect the rights of ducks hunters and target shooters, but the fact is their ultimate goal is the elimination of all firearms.

More incrementalism, plain & simple.

"Semi-autos are too dangerous so we have to ban them!" Now they are after the bolties.

The protectionists went after normal capacity mags in several states here & limited the poor dupes there to 10 rounds. NY said "not good enough!" Now it's a 7 rd limit. Then what, 5? Then a ban on semi-autos? Then bolties & SGs? It will never stop until they have all the guns & the people are defenseless.

To our brothers & sisters down under, DO NOT allow this to happen! For God's sake, don't let those progressive effeminate ninnies strip you of your right to defend yourselves.

edit on 2013/1/23 by mal1970 because: syntax

edit on 2013/1/23 by mal1970 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nonsense. There is no such thing as a slippery slope. *waves jedi hand

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
and then the elimination of humans well at least 6 billion of them

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It will only be a matter of time before hunting rifles in the US are pegged as 'sniper rifles' and they will ban those too. Ban happy politicians won't be affected because they have armed security and employ real snipers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
It will only be a matter of time before hunting rifles in the US are pegged as 'sniper rifles' and they will ban those too.

It has already begun with the attacks on .50 BMG.

Next is "no reasonable hunter needs a .300 WSM" and so falls all .30 caliber rounds.

They'll say things like "if you cant get close in then you have no business hunting" and "taking such long shots increases the chance you'll miss and that bullet travels much too far to be safe."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

Haven't you talked to an Australians or UK members here? They love the fact that their government disarmed them (I know there are a few here that don't, but more are self righteous about their loss of rights). In ten years they will be saying "good thing we got rid of those bolt actions, nasty things those."

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by mal1970

Haven't you talked to an Australians or UK members here? They love the fact that their government disarmed them (I know there are a few here that don't, but more are self righteous about their loss of rights). In ten years they will be saying "good thing we got rid of those bolt actions, nasty things those."

Look mate, I've said it a couple of times before. Those blokes don't speak for all of us. In fact, everyone I know is pissed off about the gun laws in Aus. Just because some clown from south of the Yarra says it's a good thing means squat. There are many, many rural communities in Australia who think these gun-grabbers should go take a running jump. If this new load of rubbish does come to pass, I'll lose my 1942 smle .303 and my Anshutz .22 hornet .....and it will be a bitter pill to swallow I can tell you.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Do you guys have an Oz version of the NRA or some other entity large enough to make a difference?

Is there an active community for protecting your guns?

ETA: looks like these guys are the biggest: SSAA
edit on 23-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah, the SSAA is the biggest, but they're completely powerless politically. We live in one of those Utopian democracies where the people at the top write the laws regardless of what anyone wants. Mr "no G.S.T." Howard is a perfect example of that...disarm the populace and then send the country to war on the other side of the planet, based on lies, and against the wishes of most Aussies. He is a class"A" turd.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

Sorry but this is complete BS.

No one is grabbing single shot and bolt action rifles.

Don't you think it would be all over the Australian news if this were the case?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatcoat
Look mate, I've said it a couple of times before. Those blokes don't speak for all of us. In fact, everyone I know is pissed off about the gun laws in Aus. Just because some clown from south of the Yarra says it's a good thing means squat. There are many, many rural communities in Australia who think these gun-grabbers should go take a running jump. If this new load of rubbish does come to pass, I'll lose my 1942 smle .303 and my Anshutz .22 hornet .....and it will be a bitter pill to swallow I can tell you.

I hope for your (collective) sakes it does not come to pass, I really do, but you are defeating yourself before it's even law.
"If this new load of rubbish does come to pass, I'll lose my ... and it will be a bitter pill to swallow I can tell you."

Don't let it! And if it does, don't give them up. They have no authority to strip you of your right to defend yourselves & your country. Fight like hell these 'clowns from the south'. They will not stop. This is not a National issue. This is global.

So you've turned them in & nothing changed. In fact it got worse. Bad people will do bad things regardless of the tools at their disposal... and you can be damn certain the bad people still have their tools. So now is the time to work toward lifting the gun ban. It has not done what they said it would so get that rubbish repealed.

I wish you & your fellow countrymen well. We're all mates in this. What happens to one will happen to the rest.

new topics

top topics

join