It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China colonel raises nuclear spectre

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Flavian

I don't think they share your view in Taiwan or Tiebet.

I will admit they are the elephant in the room. However, there are two sides to every tale and the Chinese are rather adamant that they are Chinese Territories - historically it is a hard case to argue against (particularly in respect to Taiwan).

Unless China turns from it's communist ways then Taiwan will always be part of the west...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You forget, China can soak up the punishment much more than Europe of the USA can. The Mongols took out millions of Han Chinese back in the day. They'd draw-in for a few hundred years like they always do.

Yet the West has technology on it's side, but for how much longer with China catching up?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think Asian nations and those in Oceania need to have a strong united front against any Chinese expansion. The only way China can win is if it divides and conquers taking one nation or territory at a time. Much like Germany tried to do before the UK and it's allies finally stood up to them over Poland. If China is allowed to take territory using force it will only make them bolder and evenutally they will need to be stopped. I had thought their first move would be Taiwan but from what I have been reading it could be much bolder than that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I think some of the users here need to take a look at Carl Berryman's book called "2013: World War III". It's a very interesting read and the author (Military officer) presents interesting scenarios. For a book that was published in 2004 this book is SPOT ON!

www.amazon.com...

The book description is as follows:

"In 2013: World War III, the Peoples Republic of China explodes out of its borders. It presents China's political, social and economic rationale, military preparations and grand strategy for such a disaster. It discusses the lack of political and military preparations by the west, the consequences for China's neighbors, and how the world in general and the United States in particular will respond. Events in today's world make it all possible. The only way to prevent it is to plan for it now."

One review of the book:

"Berryman has written a voluminous work (650 pages) about future conflict with China in the year 2013, with a lot of food for thought. Nuclear strikes, EMP attacks, computer viruses , biological assaults, spy networks, sabotage, terrorism and other non-direct methods of war likely to be used by China in a possible confrontation with the US under the `Assassin's Mace' concept are depicted with bone-chilling realism. Berryman (an army officer) has really done his homework."

Most of the users here are surely missing out the part and the dangers that a FULLY MOBILIZED CHINA present. A FULLY MOBILIZED CHINA would be able to raise up more than 100 million men. This leaves Genghis Khan no option but to roll on his own grave

As the author points out in the book, overpopulation, pollution and resources scarcity and seeing a weakened US military can and certainly will alter CHINA's foreign policy to one of conquest, starting with the conquest of Asia.

Again people should do some research themselves instead of claiming that CHINA will remain neutral for another decade WHEN THE SIGNS AND THE EVENTS WE'VE BEEN WITNESSING PRESENT SOMETHING ELSE.

edit on 3-2-2013 by shenk because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by shenk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
All that has been factored in ,if they perform the same human wave tactic it will be countered quickly this time,probably with the liberal use of miniguns and overlapping cruise missile fire.
I could have done HUGE damage to NK forces if they came south with a map compass and radio,There aren't any animals larger than a dog running wild in that country because of the firepower used in the 50s.
Now It's all tracked by drones aircraft and satellites. Good luck sneaking around huge divisions at sea or air.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join