It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you care much about guns ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
There are some questions bothering me about gun control.

How is that the people who didn't care much that about war in Afghanistan , are now caring about guns being taken ?

The US govt is saying that both are necessary for national security.

Then , why is this reaction to these bills and laws ?

Isn't that because it was not about them and now it is about them ?

There has been people being killed since 2001 in Afghanistan. Liberties were taken and infra structures being destroyed.

You care about guns but don't care about lives ?

They are people like you.

IMO , you that sit there and watched the invasion to two countries , should sit and watch your rights being taken.

Because the reason's are the same.

I need some brave people to answer ME.

peace

I don't care about guns persay, I care about freedom to make my own choices and that I be allowed to live by a set of rules without some two bit politician coming along and trying to change it to suit their own needs. I don't even own a gun, not that I am opposed to it.

As for Afghanistan, I'm going to be completely honest even if it makes me look like an idiot. I hope it doesn't though. I don't think we have any place being in other peoples countries at all, but what the hell can I do? The government doesn't listen or give a # what the people think. I have written congressmen and my various state political critters all to no avail. No one gives a # what I think or want, least of all those playing the game and sending our troops into places they have no business being in. I don't watch the main stream media because I don't believe the majority isn't biased and based in information that isn't even verified, let alone true.

So you tell me.. what am I supposed to do about it? The government doesn't speak for me, even though they claim to and the rest of the world sees their actions as being no different than my own. Just because I believe that I should be able to have a gun, does not equate to me being ok with the murder, oppression and destruction of another persons country.

They are separate issues.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
at it's most basic instinct i believe it's more a matter of being told you can't have something.. if we where told we can't have microwave ovens you'd seen the same uproar we're seeing about guns.

other than that.. guns aren't a luxury item it's a basic right for an individual to protect and feed their family, why everyone is freaking out about the inability to buy exotic firearms is mainly due to collectors i imagine and everyone else jumping on the band wagon because it's just a starting point and it'll just lead to all guns down the list and we all know it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

You seem to be misunderstanding my intentions of that post. What I meant was we've been asleep at the wheel while are rights were being slowly eroded away and just know have come to the realization that if we don't act we will have no way to protect the rights we still have. If we woke up earlier we wouldn't have only 500 feet before we slam into that brick wall

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I hope that people who have found out where they are , can find a way to survive.

And those who are asleep , wake up soon.

We all need help.

Amen

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join