It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by superman2012

Yep..

If he had used a baseball bat he would still have been jailed..

Over to you

They were shot in the back fleeing. One died as a result. You are right, if you chase someone and kill them, regardless if they were robbing you or not, even with a baseball bat, you will go to jail. This man broke the law. There was no reason for him to fear for his life, they were running away.
Over to you.

Edit: I need to clarify. I still believe the robbers are scum. I am in no way defending them.
edit on 15-1-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Its no fun being a victim man broken nose busted face broken fingers i look a picture and all because somebody wants what i had in my pockets i'm not the only 1 either i know people thats been eqully smashed up over a phone even if you hand over your stuff they still batter you for fun, and i'm no small guy either 1 wounded lion is no match for a pack of hungry hyenas

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

OK ... Resources...

Extremely limited in our country thanks to new labours open door policy.. Do yo work mate if I may be so bold?

If not do you not see that your employability is directly proportional to cheap labour bought from overseas.. Divided by housing where limitations apply.. Timesed by the NHS who has to deal with the new influx even though they have not paid into the system.. Timesed again by the global economy.. The fact our armed forces who are armed are thousands of miles away?..

I could go on and on.. But to sum up.. There is something terribly wrong with our country..

Taking our arms away made us compliant..

Those that say we can have arms?... Lol
edit on 15-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
we have been breeding violent people because the fear has gone yes these people fear arrest but they dont fear citizens you cant be a nice guy in britian and expect to not be looted you either have to join the violence or be a victim of it

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

The problem there is, he owned his guns legally.

Up until the point where he snapped, no-one would have even thought it. He was a nice guy to get along with, to have a chat with, he even helped you in with the shopping when he gave you a run home.

It is a good reason why getting legally owned weapons is a little harder over here in the UK, there are many people, good and bad who go OTT when they snap, and if firearms were easily accessible to most, there would be more blood shed than I care to imagine.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I understand where you are coming from on the state of the uk. I completly agree that the country is ruined. Its a bit rich pinning it on one party though when they are all exactly the same. But are you honestly telling me that you would take to the streets with a weapon, to try and change things that are totally unchangeable? We were beaten the moment we took breath in this country. The establishment hold too many cards. We are and always will be slaves to them. its a sorry mess.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I think the London Riots proved that if we wanted to, we can rise up. The police were powerless and we didnt have guns. Stop being silly.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Informed are you?

No

Did you know that our currency is purely fiat with no value to back it up except what "we" place on it?

Or that said currency is the press of a button and digitised?...

I wish you would get angry at the fact that OUR kids will be paying off an illusion.. BS.. Just to keep them compliant ..

Well done us pussies without our guns..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by EvanB

The laws have changed since then, self defense is now acceptable, even with a shotgun.

You will get arrested for questioning, but released once the police are satisfied it was self defense.

Mate.. You are one of the very few people who I would love to buy a beer someday... But seriously I will invite burglers to my house.. Lets see if that bs holds weight..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

As a soldier.. I am a legal weapon.. So are my mates..

The disproportinate prison community is full of soldiers..

Yes it is..

Ever wondered why?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

The police LET that happen to show the upper class londoners exactly why they should support the removal of benefits, that alone will make sure another riot wont happen again, hundreds of familys have left the city already due to eviction and tenancys not being renewed and hundreds more are to go soon as their tenancys expire.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

My missus is still at the recieving end issuing breeches to bs court bullshot..

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by woogleuk

As a soldier.. I am a legal weapon.. So are my mates..

Then why do you need a gun?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Oh I know it is ridiculous, I've been arrested for self defense before, fortunately I got released with a caution. The police officers accepted it was self defense, even said they would have done the same thing in my place, but they were bound by law.

After a couple of recent cases that hit the headlines though, David Cameron (or one of his minions) said the law would be changed to better favour people defending themselves, whether it with a knife, a bat, or with fists (etc etc).

As far as I am aware that law was put into place, and quite a number of people have not been charged with defending themselves.

I think, and I could be wrong, the spark for the change came from some granny defending herself with a knife in her own home.

EDIT: Now these supposed laws are in place, you would think that they would release anyone in prison who are there for defending themselves.
edit on 15/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The UK government keep denying "NOT ACCEPTING" my petition asking for the United Kingdom to get our guns back therefore censoring my voice. I have literally just been denied my voice by the government...When they choose to not accept petitions it is kept hidden from the public...I have been trying to get things like Propaganda made illegal which was "NOT ACCEPTED", asking for Blair and Bush to be investigated for war crimes, investigation into freemasons and pedophilia, the removal of prostitute hiring coc aine sniffing George Osbourne, as well as a lot more. My voice is censored on almost every issue I have and it is always kept from the public eye.

WE WANT OUR GUNS BACK.
edit on 15-1-2013 by oxjondoexo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
reply to post by misscurious

Youv'e obviously never had your faced kicked in by a mugger, I have been attacked with a baseball bat and again with a machete both cases were robbery and both cases i was lucky not to be killed and both cases i wish i was armed because i would have killed the #er dead.

i guess you dont give a # about it thou do you

To be honest, mate, I'd imagine the sort of people going around with machetes and baseball bats with the express intention of jacking people are *exactly* the sort of people that would go around with guns if they thought their targets might be carrying.

Also, they'd probably be pointing their guns at you before you even realised it.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
if guns do not deter crime, why do our leaders surround themselves with armed security?

Hypocritical nonsense

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

And having guns changes all this, how???

Please enlighten me as to how having guns will make us better human beings who aren't slaved by commercial products and debt. Please go on!

edit on 15/1/13 by faryjay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

that could well have something to do with the brutalising effects of war and the unsympathetic treatment of people with resulting PTSD and other conditions bought on by the stress (etc) of it and lack of support in adapting to civillian life. not to mention that when you train someone to kill it can have a desensitising effect that changes how people deal with conflicts in their personal life after coming home. something should certainly be done about that.

and yes, there is plenty wrong in the UK, i dont feel the need to stock up on guns and other weapons though, which i actually could do if i wanted.

edit on 15-1-2013 by skalla because: spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It saddens me that people are so cock sure that there will be an "uprising" in their lifetime.

"we need guns in case the government try to start a dictatorship"

Paranoia and cynicism can be just as self destructive to a social group as any other outside force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join