It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Red October" Campaign - An Advanced Cyber Espionage Network Targeting Diplomatic and Governme

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I dont think any country in red can be ruled out. Like stated above many would like to spy on those within there borders. Also surely these people didnt think this would be a secret forever? Dropping abit of Russian in there and spying on some local harmless computers to throw the scent?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
or it could be too obvious. what if it is usa/uk orchestrated and they simply left china off the map to frame them as no. 1 suspect. if that is the case.. seems to be working. ur all going down the same train of thought

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Did you notice England (UK) isn't on the list of people affected... maybe that's because they are the one's doing the dirty work!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
the organisation method has usa written all over it.

nsa spy agency. theyre the ones with mega teras to pull this off. notice android devices remain unaffected. thats because they alread have a backdoor into all of them. google sync. the out in the open backdoor.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ashtonhz8907

There has been much talk here of who might be responsible and I'm curious to know why there has been no mention of the most obvious culprit of them all - Mossad - the Israeli's (Zionist's) own cyber-hacking and they have trained the Americans in all aspects of the craft.

edit on 15-1-2013 by Itaska because: sp

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
great stuff...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

phoenix
it could be aliens

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

There is too much Aurora and Red October. I like coincidences, but there are too many.

The Red October attack is linked to the Aurora attack (not the shooting but the software attack called Aurora).

Who is planning a revolution? And when and where will it happen?

This is how the Red October Revolution began in 1917:
"An assault led by Vladmir Lenin was launched at 9:45 p.m. signaled by a blank shot from the cruiser Aurora. (The Aurorawas placed in Petrograd and still stands there now.)"

en.m.wikipedia.org...

What does Aurora mean? Goddess of Dawn.
en.m.wikipedia.org...(mythology)

What does the name "Sandy" mean?
en.m.wikipedia.org...

There is a lot of coincidence in the chosen (accident?) names for espionage and assassination events. Aurora prepares for a Red October Revolution and Sandy protects mankind and the battlefields?

It's all about preparing a revolution (civil war) and a dictatorship IMHO. Obama wearing Lincoln's hat recently, could be another hidden signal. Too many coincidences with names and signals for my taste.

Quote:
It is an example of the widespread motif of Greek (or Indo-European more generally) names expressing "battle-prowess", in this case the ability to withstand or push back an enemy battle line.
The name was one of the titles ("epithets") given to the Greek goddess Hera and as such is usually taken to mean "one who comes to save warriors"

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Itaska

You have a point it could be the Mossad but in the end it could be anyone. For all we know its just some dude in his moms basement looking for alien info.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pinkbirdatabase

Who gives the cyber attacks names though? Think it is just name analyst come up with, I'm not sure a cyber attack would label itself.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Kaspersky Labs sniffed out the stuxnet hacks too (i used to work for them), makes you wonder what else is going on from other attacks similar to this from other country's or hacking groups, Kaspersky is but one anti virus company...

What are our country's geeks doing about this sort of stuff? Just pretend its not happening and wait for private company's to do it for them? Weak.

Id join the military if they had an IT core

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Maybe it is Tyler. It is said to be like Wiki-Leaks on steroids.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by pheonix358

phoenix
it could be aliens

I don't think so. It does not meet their MO. If it had been, the infected computers would have morphed into little anal probes and that has never been mentioned - so ........ It is not aliens!

P

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The Aurora name for the Aurora software attack was given because there was a path ..../.../aurora/.... in that code. I don't know why the current one is called Red October.

Usually they are the same guys who find the malware first, who are creating that name. For the Aurora malware the name founder was McAfee. For Red October, the name founder apparently is Kaspersky.
edit on 15-1-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: typo

edit on 15-1-2013 by pinkbirdatabase because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Star & Flag.

I'm gonna say it very well could be Russia. Here is some evidence in support of my speculation:

Operation Ghost Stories

The arrests of 10 Russian spies last year provided a chilling reminder that espionage on U.S. soil did not disappear when the Cold War ended. The highly publicized case also offered a rare glimpse into the sensitive world of counterintelligence and the F

Source

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Only thing wrong with that is Russia has been hit more than anyone else so far.

RUSSIAN FEDERATION 35 KAZAKHSTAN 21 AZERBAIJAN 15 BELGIUM 15 INDIA 14 AFGHANISTAN 10 ARMENIA 10 IRAN; ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF 7 TURKMENISTAN 7 UKRAINE 6 UNITED STATES 6 VIET NAM 6 BELARUS 5 GREECE 5 ITALY 5 MOROCCO 5 PAKISTAN 5 SWITZERLAND 5 UGANDA 5 UNITED ARAB EMIRATES 5

[url]http://www.securelist.com/en/blog/785/The_Red_October_Campaign_An_Advanced_Cyber_Espionage_Network_Targeting_Diplomatic_and_Government_Agencies[/ url]

Could be Poland who was trained by Russia's KGB to spy? Could be Mafia in Russia? But I don't think Kaspersky wants to many more run ins with the whole US Intelligence Agency. After all when he talked about Stuxnet his son got kidnapped and he never talked about DUQU,Star,Flame,Gauss and so on. He let the others find it for themselves. So most likely not the US.

And I also find the McAfee thing interesting. He shot a Ex US military guy? What was the truth of what happened? The US has him now so he must be doing what he is told now.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Based off SWILLS map, and considering many parts for computers possibly come from
There, plus the fact they THEY have not been hacked, I'm saying CHINA. They have
Enough ties with Russia too fake anything Russian. What is CHINA for 1,000 Alex.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The United States is obviously behind this. Notice it was only US diplomats and embassies that were affected. You would want to spy on your own diplomats and embassies and those of your allies to see if there are spies or issues with a diplomat (Gen. Petraeus). You would want to spy on enemies' militaries, nuclear industries, diplomats, and embassies. The US has a history of this. They were behind Stuxnet. Haven't you ever noticed how concerned the US government has been about cyber terrorism? It's because they are committing it, and eventually expect retaliation. When they started warning us about it years ago, that's when they were doing it.

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Cyber warfare is the emerging battle field of the future.

As technology becomes more prevalent, each country and their militaries, will have to evolve to become more digitally robust. I see this as nothing more than another race, like aircraft or space, except this is electronic.

Looks like a gag site--->

Cyber Warfare Command and Control System (CWCCS)

U.S. Army Cyber Command

SPAWAR/USCYBERCOM Cyber Warfare, Exploitation & Information Dominance (CWEID) Lab Overview

edit on 17-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I thought our government monitors all data traffic through it's huge NSA-echellon/carnivore program(s)?

I don't understand how this could go undetected by our intelligence community.

And everyone knows when security is at stake, never open or reply to an email in outlook that isn't digitally signed. *facepalm* You would also think our diplomats would be briefed on how to keep their data secure. Oh well, I guess when you get a bunch of old men who don't know anything about computers running things...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join