It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Stockman threatens Obama impeachment over guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by T4NG0
I think we should have impeached him when we found out he wasn't American. He should be executed for treason, publicly.

I think Obama tool an oath to protect and defend the U.S. Constitution.
High Crimes & Misdemeanors?
If the true definition of impeachment were used. Obama has been impeached hundreds of time already.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have no doubts that impeachment would fail in the Democratic Senate. However, such a procedure would stall any other work both chambers could do while the process is working it's way out. There would have to be a trial in the Senate and House prosecutor could take his time presenting his case.

Using an EO to do something that should be done by Constitutional Amendment or legislation from both bodies of Congress, is a much more impeachable offense than lying about a BJ, even under oath.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Where did President Obama say that he will issue an Executive Order banning guns? Nowhere. In a speech yesterday he said he would be "submitting legislation," which is one of his constitutional powers. Congress will then review, discuss and alter this proposed bill before voting on it. Expect it to close the gun show loophole, make it a crime for a firearm to be used by other than the registered owner and, perhaps, to ban high capacity magazines. Stockman is whipping up hysteria as a cheap publicity stunt.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
I have no doubts that impeachment would fail in the Democratic Senate. However, such a procedure would stall any other work both chambers could do while the process is working it's way out. There would have to be a trial in the Senate and House prosecutor could take his time presenting his case.

Using an EO to do something that should be done by Constitutional Amendment or legislation from both bodies of Congress, is a much more impeachable offense than lying about a BJ, even under oath.

That's not quite right.
The House of Representatives can impeach President Obama no problem.
Now that would throw it over to the U.S. Senate where a trial could then take place
to " remove " President Obama from office.

Remember the Bill Clinton " perjury " trial in the U.S. Senate?
President Clinton was impeached in the House but not removed from office by the U.S. Senate.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

you need to do more
research into the
thinking behind the
second amendment
before pontificating
that it only refers to
external tyranny.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Do any of you think this would be happening if not for the shooting at the school in Connecticut??

I'm just sayin.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

not paying attention, are ya ?
here, maybe this will help ... per the horse's mouth

www.abovetopsecret.com...
President Obama said he'd take "executive action" to deal with guns at his press conference today.

"I'm confident that there are some steps that we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president."

then of course, there's Biden (that VP guy)

www.politico.com...

The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats on Monday

yeppers, he's over-stepping his bounds ... in more ways than one.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

damn right.. thats what im talking about. texas isnt going down without a fight! start backing us up!

We would LOVE to and if not then we will continue with our states government and block any federal law the prohibits us from having weapons as well as we will not enforce any federal laws handed down by the dictator obama.

I would support impeachment 100% if he makes strong a move on guns.

Obama has no support except a few raging loudmouth libs.

What's reality is the 2nd Amendment which states that me or you can keep and bear firearms. And there's nothing that you or anybody on this Earth can do about it.

Impeachment? If he takes any action on gun control he should be charged with treason. Not that he shouldn't have been charged with it already.

I think we should have impeached him when we found out he wasn't American. He should be executed for treason, publicly.

It's to late - Gun Restrictions are now a done deal. Talk is cheap. Talk talk talk talk talk -And the beat goes on

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

So how is what I said incorrect? I said that impeachment would go nowhere in the Democratic controlled Senate but it would force them to have proceeding, limiting their ability to conduct other business. In case you don't remember, in Clinton's impeachment, a member of the House, I believe it was Bob Barr R-Ga, acted as "prosecutor" presenting the House's case to the Senate.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well, at least someone still has a heart in congress and knows their place; as servants to the people.

S&F for you bub.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
reply to post by TauCetixeta

So how is what I said incorrect? I said that impeachment would go nowhere in the Democratic controlled Senate but it would force them to have proceeding, limiting their ability to conduct other business. In case you don't remember, in Clinton's impeachment, a member of the House, I believe it was Bob Barr R-Ga, acted as "prosecutor" presenting the House's case to the Senate.

The "impeachment" takes place in the House.

All that happens in the U.S. Senate is a trial to " remove" or " not remove" the president
from office.

Don't worry. Every time the progressives attack the 2nd Amendment they lose.
They are surrounded by a "reality distortion field".

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Unfortunately, if they Impeach Obama, that make Joe Biden the President and that is truly a scary thought.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

What popular support? For all this talk about a "decisive" majority, they are an awfully quiet majority. What I do see though, is a very few people screaming like madmen at the top of their lungs at how they are a majority and how it is futile to try to stop them. Foaming at the mouth, emotionally twisting everything they can to get gun control through. It is rather pathetic and very telling that such lies are tolerated.

Given the behavior of gun control advocates(death threats to gun rights activists and their children/family), their wanton manipulation of facts to suite them, and total disregard of others thoughts, opinions and emotions on this mater, it is safe to say that you can add "Gun Control" to the list of "How to spot a Psychopath".

edit on 15-1-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

R.I.P. Rep Stockman as I am afraid that you are about to ''commit'' suicide or have a bad car ''accident''....kudos for being courageous tho. We need more leaders in Congress to stand up for the rights of the people whom they represent.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

not paying attention, are ya ?

I didn't see the whole news conference, so no, I haven't been paying enough attention. Here are the sort of Executive Orders that White House lawyers seem to think are constitutional:

The executive actions could include giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authority to conduct national research on guns, more aggressive enforcement of existing gun laws and pushing for wider sharing of existing gun databases among federal and state agencies, members of Congress in the meeting said.

“It was all focusing on enforcing existing law, administering things like improving the background database, things like that that do not involve a change in the law but enforcing and making sure that the present law is administered as well as possible,” said Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.).

www.politico.com...

I don't see how authorizing new studies and expanding databases infringe on anyone's rights.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I think they are waiting for the polling data on gun control.
Piers Morgan appears to be losing the PR battle on CNN.
He is being accused of standing on the graves of children while demonizing anyone
who disagrees with him.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

i haven't seen any news conference, yet.
what does our viewing anything have to do with this hill of beans?
i can read, apparently you can too or we wouldn't be here.

you made a blanket statement and i shared the updated reports.
yes, you posted about a bunch of "could haves" ... however, the public has not been advised of any outcome.

we don't need more EOs to 'enforce' anything.
that is not the purpose of EOs.

databases of personal information infringe's on everyone's rights.
that you or anyone else would think otherwise is downright scary.

ETA -- besides, increasing databases or background checks of law-abiding ppl isn't gonna impinge the acts of criminals one iota ... it never has and it isn't going to now either.
edit on 15-1-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

edit on 15-1-2013 by Honor93 because: typo

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's amazing how the word 'tyranny' is banded about so easily in these pro-gun threads.

I don't think Stockton and many of his backers know the meaning of the word.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
More guttural spew from gun worshippers. No matter how much the nra whines, that republican wont do crap, mark my words. Why? Public opinion is overwhelmingly slanted towards some form of decisive gun control. Stomp your feet all you want, it's reality. What is Texas going to do? Secede? Lol riiiiight.
edit on 14-1-2013 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

Texas has threatened to secede twice before, and followed through on their threats.

They are the 6th largest economy in the world, with a huge chunk of American Oil and Gas reserves.

If Texas wants to leave, there is nothing there financially or diplomatically to stop them, really.

I'm Irish, and I back the NRA. Guns are hard to acquire over here unless you know the right people. Hopefully you Yanky Doodles can stop the elimination of liberties and national sovereignty.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

Do any of you think this would be happening if not for the shooting THEY PURPOSELY STAGED at the school in Connecticut??

I'm just sayin.

There, fixed that for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join