It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viewing www.georgewbush.com outside US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Heres a page if you are outside US and are curious about what the chimp are up to.

proxy.guardster.com...

(its slow though)

More info about the site and the reason
dcplusplus.sf.net...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Is this really true? You really can't see his website from Europe? That makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I just typed in the www.georgewbush.com... from Wales, UK and what do you know...

You are not authorized to view this page

Wow

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
nope, and I dont understand the meaning of it?
Its a isolationstic government, thats for sure, but hey...is not this overkill?

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe because the rest of the world hates him so much they are trying to defend the site from dos attacks, mass page grabs etc. Weird.

link   
Maybe good ole W doesnt want his site being hacked by any overseas sources.

link   
Yeah, I've been proxying to the site from time to time too.

You goto know, its not only certain sites that got blocked for europe, but also access to US smtp servers is restricted. I can't send mail trough my US smtp server without proxying it.

To find out the specifics and maybe get a bypass set for me I went to the US embassy and asked about it. I supplied the needed documents to show I'm a US citizen and then at the end they asked me if I'm registered to vote and if I would vote for Bush.

The answer was "yes, I'm registered" and "thats between me and the voting booth, sorry"

The last answer led them to understand that it was propably a "no" to the vote for bush and they told me they couldn't help.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Yeah, I've been proxying to the site from time to time too.

You goto know, its not only certain sites that got blocked for europe, but also access to US smtp servers is restricted. I can't send mail trough my US smtp server without proxying it.

To find out the specifics and maybe get a bypass set for me I went to the US embassy and asked about it. I supplied the needed documents to show I'm a US citizen and then at the end they asked me if I'm registered to vote and if I would vote for Bush.

The answer was "yes, I'm registered" and "thats between me and the voting booth, sorry"

The last answer led them to understand that it was propably a "no" to the vote for bush and they told me they couldn't help.

Ohhhh, man...Nazi germany all over again...but in a new dress

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
btw, about hacking, you can't block hack attacks or DoS's by blocking site content from being viewed. Hacking bypasses the blocks and DoS attacks storm servers with requests, they don't require content to be served.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sad to say it, but everyday America is becoming more and more like Nazi, Germany so much propaganda on our news networks now.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
Sad to say it, but everyday America is becoming more and more like Nazi, Germany so much propaganda on our news networks now.

You got to take the #ing airwaves back!

You guys got the best and the worst people..it seams like the bad people got a upperhand now.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

You guys got the best and the worst people..it seams like the bad people got a upperhand now.

How? More then 90% of the population doesn't even believe it's happening! They will wake up but not before it's to late. People in this country have the attitude that there leader is righteous and would never do anything wrong.

When I try to inform people of the danger I get told your just a Looney conspiracy nut. If you question the foreign policy of our country your meant with your just a hate America first nut. So there you go the brain washing is working perfectly in this country. We are all doomed! Long as the media can keep up the illusion that gw and kerry are at 50% guess what GW will win. Despite the mass voter registration, and all the things Bush has screwed up while in office. If this election isn�t rigged Bush can�t win. Way to many screw ups and lies. Where are the WMD? His ties to Enron, Halliburton, big oil, pharmaceutical companies, etc. All well documented and not hurting him in the polls. Doesn�t that seem odd? It floors me, the lie was so big no one wants to believe he did it, or they don�t believe him and we are being lied to by the media. Look who controls the media it�s possible. www.corporations.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL

Originally posted by Kollapse

How? More then 90% of the population doesn't even believe it's happening! They will wake up but not before it's to late. People in this country have the attitude that there leader is righteous and would never do anything wrong.

When I try to inform people of the danger I get told your just a Looney conspiracy nut. If you question the foreign policy of our country your meant with your just a hate America first nut. So there you go the brain washing is working perfectly in this country. We are all doomed! Long as the media can keep up the illusion that gw and kerry are at 50% guess what GW will win. Despite the mass voter registration, and all the things Bush has screwed up while in office. If this election isn�t rigged Bush can�t win. Way to many screw ups and lies. Where are the WMD? His ties to Enron, Halliburton, big oil, pharmaceutical companies, etc. All well documented and not hurting him in the polls. Doesn�t that seem odd? It floors me, the lie was so big no one wants to believe he did it, or they don�t believe him and we are being lied to by the media. Look who controls the media it�s possible. www.corporations.org...

You are right, A bit naive of me.

Did not Bush sign a legislation that gave the media corps the possibility to grow even larger?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Nah he wanted it to pass and fought with the Senate about them reversing the FCC. But the Senate did reverse it and the media can�t consolidate further. Think it all happened in June don't remember.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This has already been covered in the following thread:

[rul=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread91610/pg1]Bush website blocking foreign IPs[/url]

Thread Closed

join