It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING Off-Shore Dust Cloud!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What a sight! Ive never seen a dustcloud look like this before. It happened off the NSW coast in Australia and was simply a dust cloud which had moved over the water. But look at the cap on it! Really looks like a huge red wave breaking on the shore.

One of the best things ive seen!

Here's the Article link
edit on 10-1-2013 by srsen because: .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Isnt that the awesome sight I have seen in a very long time!!!

Mother Earth never ceases to amaze me!!

Wish I could have been there to see this phenomenon in person!

Great find OP S&F
edit on 10-1-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That is SUPER incredible......just unbelievable. I wonder how far it traveled before and after pic. It looks like a giant cloud is riding the dust as well. SnF

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

its actually off the north west coast of western australia and is part of a cyclone system heading south towards onslow/exmouth. narelle is her name. heads down all you ats guys in the pilbara.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

not to ba a baby lol but everytime i post something thats allready posted its closed real fast lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very cool! On one hand it looks very "biblical", on the other it looks like a beer tsunami with a nice frothy head.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
SnF

Did it reach sure?

Would love to see pics of it near/upon SHORE!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Wow, those are really spectacular pictures. Thanks so much for posting. I saw the story on the evening ABC World news. But these pictures are just amazing.

I think Earth is trying to tell us something

Over 2 feet of snow landed in Jordan. First time they have ever seen snow.

Cheers! ID

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Amazing find srsen, snf
The power and beauty of Nature always amazes 1...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Nature is awesome. Great pictures S&F.

These remind me of one of my favourite artists, JMW Turner's iconic paintings.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Never seen that before so star and Flag for such an amazing post.

Just a side issue ...where did the dust come from?

Indonesia ?

Just a question where was the dust picked up from?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wow stunning photos OP. I wonder if any red rain came from this.

Originally posted by ItDepends
Wow, those are really spectacular pictures. Thanks so much for posting. I saw the story on the evening ABC World news. But these pictures are just amazing.

I think Earth is trying to tell us something

Over 2 feet of snow landed in Jordan. First time they have ever seen snow.

Cheers! ID

Do you have any photos of this two feet of snow? Because your pic shows snowfall of two inches or less.

Also are you really sure they have never seen snow because there seems to be a hell of a lot of photos of snow in Jordan between 2009 and 2012 and thats just because I limited my search to within those dates.

www.google.co.uk... %3A1%2Ccd_min%3A2009%2Ccd_max%3A2012&tbm=isch

Everything has happened before and everything will happen again.

edit on 11-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Wouldn't indonesia be the wrong side of Australia? You should check out a map once in a while.

OP stated it was off the coast of NSW which is the Eastern coast. Taking into account the horrendous heat, drought and fire situation there at the moment it's a good bet this dust came from parched lands back from the coast.

---

OP I love the sense of the apocalyptic I get from these pics. S&F.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

op was wrong merkins, the pics were taken in the north west of australia. not too far from indo, but no, thats fair dinkum west aussie dirt.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Wouldn't indonesia be the wrong side of Australia? You should check out a map once in a while.

OP stated it was off the coast of NSW which is the Eastern coast. Taking into account the horrendous heat, drought and fire situation there at the moment it's a good bet this dust came from parched lands back from the coast.

---

OP I love the sense of the apocalyptic I get from these pics. S&F.

I can only assume from your post that you are trolling , if not my sincerest apologies.

East and west, they are confusing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This isn't part of a cyclone event it was a dust storm that was sparked by it being a little bit drier than normal due to the lack of rain. How do I know this because I was driving through it I have video of the storm afterwards but not of the dust as has limited phone battery and this went through the mine site I work at. It was so dark you could only see 5 metres in front of you it was bloody awesome to be in.

The cyclone was miles from this as that cloud was captured just off the coast of Onslow.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This wasn't part of the cyclone that is currently running down the coast it is over 900 km from where this occured at the time. How do I know? I work where this occured it went through the mine site, this all occured after we have had little rain in the area and the storm that followed this cloud pushed it all up and caused the red dust cloud I have no video or photos of the cloud only the storm but no idea how to post on here. As to the area this happened in that cloud was captured off the coast of Onslow so hope you enjoyed this.

Also the cloud was that dark you could see the road 5 metres in front of you but not another thing past that it was awesome to see this and a shame my phone was on it's last bit of battery as I would have video of it for you all.

If anyone knows how to paste my own vid from my HDD I will if you want to see the storm.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join